Old August 12, 2003, 18:45   #1
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Internal Affairs Function's Office
All functions wishing to file suggestions/improvements/complaints in any matters concerning the Internal Affairs of the Cybernetic Consciousness may do so here. Such matters include:

- Terraforming strategy (general or specific)
- Base production
- Base resource allocation
- Research and science
- Base construction location

... among others. This is a forum for discussion, and thus no idea shall be censured in this thread.

Edit by Mani Alpha-3 for his own convenience:

Science thread

Base Name Suggestion Thread
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Last edited by Maniac; September 17, 2003 at 12:33.
Old August 13, 2003, 05:20   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 07:17
Re: Internal Affairs Function's Office
Thread topped

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
no idea shall be censured in this thread.
Unless it annoys me Why of course, we censure nothing in the CyCon

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old August 21, 2003, 08:28   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:17
So should I choose Doc:Flex next turn as our tech?
Old August 21, 2003, 09:59   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

IMHO, yes. Although we do owe PEACE Ethical Calculus. I'm thinking either we go Doc Flex, Eth Calc, Gene Splic, Non Math, or we go Doc Flex, Non Math and war with PEACE (all deals off during Vendetta). The last is very sneaky though, so maybe no good idea?

Old August 21, 2003, 16:52   #5
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

I should prefer D:Flex, EthCalc, GenSplic, High Energy Chemistry & Synthetic fossil fuels. If they moan, we're one tech from D:AP when they can shove it, and 3 techs (at most) from MMI, when everyone can shove it

C
Old August 22, 2003, 02:25   #6
Corellion
Prince

I think we unanimously agree that Doc: Flex should be our next tech. I would post a poll about the tech after that, but chances are conditions will have changed, so I'll hold off for a while.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old August 23, 2003, 02:36   #7
Corellion
Prince

A special report from the Office of the Internal Affairs Function.

We need more money.

This has been a special report from the Office of the Internal Affairs Function.
Old August 23, 2003, 16:25   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Is this road plan ok for connecting Poly Prime to Logic Loop?

Concerning the south, I'm in doubt between two routes. The left one could work, but then I would need to move the two formers a long way after they completed planting a forest on the nutrient square NW of Aurora. The eastern route involves removing fungus though, which takes a long time as well. And the believer chopper forms a problem as well. So where should the road lie?
Old August 23, 2003, 20:19   #9
Corellion
Prince

Er, sorry... I didn't read this before posting my question regarding the roads in the Prime Function's Office. I'll repost them here.

Looks good, but I was wondering if we should not build the LL - AP road to be one tile west. To do so would make the trip quicker, but would require one additional tile of terraforming. What does everyone think?

Regarding the South, I think the western route is the best choice. It makes for a more direct route south, and the more direct route east can be taken care of as we fill in bases in that direction. But then again, we could always leave BB unconnected from the others while we concentrate on resource improvement.
Old August 24, 2003, 09:00   #10
Maniac

Quote:
Looks good, but I was wondering if we should not build the LL - AP road to be one tile west
That's indeed a valid possibility I considered as well. For the record, the advantages I saw in the route one tile to the east were:
1) as you said, it takes one less tile that needs to be roaded, as the energy tile road can be both used for the AP-Zetaris highway and the AP-LL highway.
2) I was thinking, after a road was built there, to plant a forest on the tile N-NE of LL, as LL is about to grow to size 4, and minerals are the main priority now. It would be a waste to plant a forest on the rolling&rainy tile N of LL.
Old August 26, 2003, 17:06   #11
Maniac

We quickly need new base locations as two CPs are about to be completed. And instead of polling for each new base individually, how about we already plan ahead all the base locations on our continent? After all, we have already fully explored the south. The east is less certain of course. That unexplored land could just be a peninsula, or an isthmus towards another large landmass.
I'll try to make a proposal myself tomorrow. But other suggestions are certainly more than welcome! (saves me lots of work )
Old August 27, 2003, 06:23   #12
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Can we put one west of Apolyton Prime in the nice 6 square rainy section? Don't really care which square so long as it's not coastal or on the nut square (although I think that means only one square, can't see a turn to check atm sorry).

C
Old August 27, 2003, 07:43   #13
Maniac

In the east I had the proposal below in mind. The green squares are where I'm in doubt between two base locations. There is some overlap in here, but the advantage is it gives each base access to some bonus squares.

Much less overlap in my southern proposal. The south are mostly dry wastelands. Not worth it to build many bases there. I thought about using one of those close base spacing techniques, but that wouldn't work well either there because those lands are too thin and stretched out, disallowing a consistent base lcation pattern.

A base in the west could be handy as well to make use of those rainy squares, and to have a good base to probe/attack Alexandria. Of course PEACE could probe us as well, so we'd need strong probe defences first. I indicated three possible locations. Chaunk suggested a non-coastal base, but the non-coastal rainy square are fungal.

Old August 28, 2003, 01:32   #14
Corellion
Prince

First: Sorry I've been neglecting my duties these past few weeks, but I've been busy packing up my stuff to head off to university.

Second: I agree with this proposal, as it seems to make the most of our available space. Let's try and rush the colony pods out ASAP.

As for my opinions (and suggested order of building)...

1) BB: Northmost southern screen base
2) A: Southmost eastern screen base
3) Northmost western screen base
4) Northmost decided eastern screen base

After that, we can allow for changing circumstances (exploration) before making decisions.
Old August 30, 2003, 16:24   #15
Maniac

CP sent to your requested location.

Anyway, may I make the suggestion for next turn to plant a forest on the tile N-NE of Logic Loop, where that former currently is?
Old September 1, 2003, 12:45   #16
Corellion
Prince

Yes, and sounds good.
Old September 4, 2003, 06:53   #17
Maniac

I have a few suggestions for the formers. What do you think of them?

For the Zetarian former I would suggest it first builds a road on its current square before moving to N or NW. Doing so would connect Zetaris to Apolyton Prime.

For the Apolyton Prime former I'd suggest it moves south and builds a road to connect AP to LL. This will improve the speed by which crawlers can move to LL.

For the DBTSverse Portal former I'd suggest to cultivate farm on the rainy nutrient square. It would be an excellent square to crawl.
Old September 4, 2003, 22:49   #18
Corellion
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I have a few suggestions for the formers. What do you think of them?

For the Zetarian former I would suggest it first builds a road on its current square before moving to N or NW. Doing so would connect Zetaris to Apolyton Prime.
How did I miss that? I apologise to all, my implants must be malfunctioning.

Quote:
For the Apolyton Prime former I'd suggest it moves south and builds a road to connect AP to LL. This will improve the speed by which crawlers can move to LL.
I thought it was already under standing orders to do this? In any case, yes, this is the correct course of action.

Quote:
For the DBTSverse Portal former I'd suggest to cultivate farm on the rainy nutrient square. It would be an excellent square to crawl.
This is definitely the thing to do, but once again, wasn't it under standing orders to do this (though not necessarily at this time) under the terraforming plan (which I believe is still our model).
Old September 5, 2003, 04:38   #19
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
I thought it was already under standing orders to do this?
Well I just wanted to propose it explicitedly, so you could perhaps post it in the Orders thread if you want. That way Drogue can't miss it like planting that forest near Logic Loop.
Old September 5, 2003, 11:28   #20
Corellion
Prince

Good point.

I'll go over a review of all former orders right now.
Old September 7, 2003, 13:13   #21
Drogue
staff

Ok, a few things I need to ask. There were no orders for the supply crawler that was built in AP this turn, so it was sent to the unworked energy resources nearby and crawled energy. Also, there were not build orders for AP, so it is building another SC. This is no problem at all, just saying why I did that

Far more importantly, I have yet to see a poll or orders for where these CPs are supposed to be heading. Could someone enlighten me, or poll ASAP please?

All formers without orders were given the orders as requested, however if some were meant to be changed from their actions they have not, as when I moved the last former, it ended the turn automatically. Details will be posted in the turn reports thread.

Old September 7, 2003, 14:31   #22
Maniac

Wouldn't it be better to move the AP crawler to Logic Loop, rehome it to that base and let it harvest the mineral square? Then a few turns later it could be cashed in for the secret project.
Old September 7, 2003, 23:26   #23
Corellion
Prince

Sorry, I'm having trouble getting these out right now, given the problems with opening the turn. As for the CP locations, it's on this page, just a little up. I'll repost.

1) BB: Northmost southern screen base
2) A: Southmost eastern screen base
3) Northmost western screen base
4) Northmost decided eastern screen base

See Maniac's map for which these refer to.
Old September 8, 2003, 05:21   #24
Drogue
staff

Ahhh, thank you Didn't realise that was that. Have they been polled, because it looks like Maniac suggested it? I think the BB and A ones have, but the others not?

Thanks for this, now the stupid PF teething problems are over, hopefully we will have a decent term

Old September 13, 2003, 09:30   #25
Maniac

From the External Affairs Office:

As External Affairs Function responsible for military and police affairs, may I suggest to change the Zetaris production to a scout patrol?
Also, to improve military and civic transport, may I recommend to build roads between Apolyton Prime and Logic Loop/Zetaris as soon as the current former tasks are completed?
Old September 13, 2003, 10:32   #26
Corellion
Prince

From the Internal Affairs Office:

Your advice is well-taken Function Mani Alpha-3. You can rest assured that a road between Apolyton Prime and Logic Loop, as well as a road between Apolyton Prime and Zetaris, is already under construction, so as to allow for better transportation through our territory. As for changing production in Zetaris, the last poll we held regarding construction in Zetaris indicated that we should build a supply crawler, which has yet to be finished (I think... I still don't have access to the turns). I thus feel that production should not be changed without a majority supporting a repoll. Could everybody interested in a repoll please voice their opinion here?
Old September 13, 2003, 10:36   #27
Maniac

If there was a poll about it, never mind my suggestion of course. But... what poll? I can't seem to find it. I see a poll for Boolean Bay and the two new bases, but I can't find one for Zetaris.

Anyway, I'll have another look at the turn. If both a crawler and a scout patrol can be built before the base grows, there's no problem of course.

Edit: I see that the current growth is in fifteen turns, and that a crawler and scout patrol can also be built in fifteen turns. Combined with your plan to build a forest first near Zetaris, growth should be slow enough to allow crawler production first.

Last edited by Maniac; September 13, 2003 at 10:45.
Old September 16, 2003, 07:00   #28
Maniac

Your great former orders say to plant forest on the rainy nutrient square near DBTSverse Portal. What do you think of the alternative of cultivating a farm there, making the square produce 5-0-1, which would be excellent for crawling, and would free up a worker for another square?

Edit: Ah yes, something else I remembered I had to say: Apolyton Prime will riot if one of its workers isn't turned into a doctor.

Last edited by Maniac; September 16, 2003 at 07:05.
Old September 16, 2003, 09:17   #29
Corellion
Prince

Indeed... I had forgotten it was rainy. That would definitely be the better plan.

And yes, I had realised that... it's being dealt with.
Old September 21, 2003, 15:42   #30
Maniac

Corellon, the annoying micromanager in me has a question and a request.

Why do you order to build a road on (69.65) right now, while (70.66) could connect Logic Loop to Apolyton Prime.

Also, could you please order to move the Mythical Matrix worker back to the fields?