Old April 18, 2004, 11:48   #331
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Do you feel we need the Hybergia in Paradigm? It migh be usefull to scrap if we dont feel its going to serve any purpose.

Also think we should start a Beliver War thread for oganizing that. My recomendation is to prepare 3-4 missle Rotors and 4 drop scouts, our initial attack can easily empty 4 beliver bases of their light defences and follow up with 4 drops. Then we can start attacking other bases and any units that move towards us. I see that they have most forces consentrated in 1 base.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 18, 2004, 11:49   #332
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 09:17
No orders for AP and Atlantis I see.
After executing Imps orders we have 24 energy left.
Old April 18, 2004, 12:05   #333
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Here are some additional ideas

Binary Bastion - Change production to Crawler (for the CDF)

AP - Start Crawler, hurry 10 Credits thats should complete it next turn.

Atlantis - mineral output is tiny so we have plenty of time to deside, put it at recycling tanks for now
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 18, 2004, 12:50   #334
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

DO NOT touch my precious ships .

I plan to move it out of port when fully repaired and cruise the seas within our territorium. Just on the lookout for that Hive transport. I try to issue movement orders within 2 hours (after that it's bedtime for me, early shift tomorrow).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 08:30   #335
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

IAF requests from MAF:
  • Please only land units in Apolyton Prime and Triplex. Let's use those CC's! (Plasma's in Triplex, missile rover in Apolyton Prime?)
  • Change production in Liar's Lair to Probe Foil (why a Children's Creche anyway?).
  • Change production in Atlantis to a defender (plasma?)
  • Thermal Tassagrad: I want cruisers!!! Hygeria? Else a probe foil or probe cruiser.
  • Pi Square an AC as well (from next turn on)?
  • Mythical matrix plasma steel defender?
  • Logic Loop another xmissile chopper?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 11:07   #336
Impaler[WrG]
King

The Comand Centers are giving us +1 Morale under our current social enginering hardly enough to change the outcome of a battle. Better to have an interceptor attack their incoming Chopper then to have a land units get killed in defence. I think its better to upgrade the numerous infantry we alreayd have to plasma Steel and put them under AiroPlexs and sensor with strong Interceptor support then to focus on building more infantry.

Childrens Creech in Lair can do two things, save us Energy which will translate directly into Credits (probly +4 a turn) and speed up growth several turns. Then we can harvest more minerals as well. If you want Probe Foils sugjest you use Thermal as a production site to get you closer to target.

I dont think Cruisers are going to be that usefull too us and we dont have to build the expensive Hygernia (which was suposed to be called they Hybernia but someone misspelled it). If we just want to intercept Hive Transports then unarmored Impact Cruisers would be fine. If we want to shoot down Aircraft then unarmored SAM Impact Cruisers would suffice. For Both roles an unarmored SAM Missle Cruiser would probably be best.

As for the AC in Pi, my bad I must have forgoten to include that this turn, will be top priority next turn.

Mythical Matrix is a jump off point for our attack on Belivers so we should produce Drop Scouts their that can then imediatly capture beliver bases.

Logic Loop I would sugjest produce Missle Rotor for the Beliver war or an Interceptor for defence.
Old April 19, 2004, 11:57   #337
GeoModder
Deity

Um, Hygeria/Hyberia isn't a SAM missile cruiser? I thought it was... I'll check again.

You need to excuse me, had to work 10 hours a day average for the last week, and shifting between day and night shifts. I'm not that alert lately...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 12:15   #338
Impaler[WrG]
King

Hygerias are SAM but their also Plasma Steel which was potentialy usefull when we were up against PEACE laser foils but now it might as well be tin foil vs the Missles are oponents are using.

I too have gotten a lot of over time latly, but I am always on night shift
Old April 19, 2004, 13:13   #339
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

/me puzzled do I need to change or move anything yet or can I post the turn?
Old April 19, 2004, 13:29   #340
GeoModder
Deity

IMO: Atlantis starts defender production since in next turn orders ALL available units in that base move out.
Thermal Tassagrad: Probe Cruiser.

O yes, check Thermal Tassagrad for workers placement. One forest is not worked, unless you and Impaler want that base to grow ASAP off course.

The rest is for me.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 19, 2004, 13:31   #341
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Since IAF declined to this, and you are MAF, I conclude no additional changes are needed. Anyway me and Imp agreed at that.

Last edited by Illuminatus; April 19, 2004 at 14:18.
Old April 25, 2004, 04:29   #342
GeoModder
Deity

I haven't seen any new production orders for IAF.

Therefore a quick suggestion (will look closer upon this later).

In the bases which are free to produce something and don't have any orders already, construct drop probe defences.

Pi Square and And/Or Gate are excluded, AC's should be started there. Atlantis needs a marine scout. That's all for now. Perhaps hurrying production of Locutus, and next turn a cp?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 27, 2004, 14:46   #343
Impaler[WrG]
King

Our priorites should be compiling the nessary crawlers to rush the CDF before the Hive/Drones catch onto our plans and snatch it away from us.

Also we need AiroSpace Complexes along out northern coast and PlasmaDefenders their to consolidate defences.

Drop Probes are of little use as they cant be used after droping, (and the beliver bases will be WAY to expensive to take) regualar rover Probes offer the best chance of retaking a base from Hive/Drone attacks and we should have them strategicaly placed to mind control our vulnorable bases.

I want to start limited rebuilding of infastructure once we consolidate defences in Trantor and finish our asimilation of the Belivers. TreeFarms in some of our key bases could prove extreamly profitable under our 100% Econ settings. Beliver territory is quite remote from the Hive and Drones and could prove a valuable area to build up our industry in peace. Some of the smaller PEACE bases could also prove good candidates for investment if the Hive dosen't make a major thrust into that area. Yardlong Island could also prove a use location for small navel or Airbases fromwhich to protect our northern flank. Lastly their seems to be some land south of Casablanca and Athena which could serve as a remote and protected source of resorces if we find the time to bring Pods their.

Efforts to infiltrate the Drones and steal tecs leading to AMA should also be a high priority so we can maintain tec parity and be that much closer to any future tec we may wish to pursue if we deside to switch to a 100% labs stance.
Old April 27, 2004, 18:10   #344
GeoModder
Deity

Yes, those drop probes were a mistake of mine. Didn't know that a two movement probe lost it all after dropping. I thought Maniac's response was solely on the 1 movement probes we own.
Anyway, we can always quick drop them to the seas. I think Hive and Drone probes are coming our way now. Hive probe cruiser is missing from Dacolopolis since 2 turns, and Drones used a probe foil by their initial attack 4-5 turns ago.
Two probe cruisers are started in seabases.
AC's on the northern coast are in progress, Pi Square started and Zetaris already busy.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 28, 2004, 05:40   #345
GeoModder
Deity

O yes, forgot to mention this: Drones are constructing CDF as we speak. So no need to make plans in that direction anymore.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 29, 2004, 18:19   #346
GeoModder
Deity

Tentative IAF orders, MY 2165
  • Abort Retry Fail(ed): hurry rec commons (30 ec)
  • Binary Bastion: probe team or crawler
  • Liar's Lair: hurry Children's Creche (28 ec)
  • Locutus of Chiron: sea colony pod
  • Mega Reboot: Plasma Steel Defender
  • Megabyteville: hurry missile rotor (3 ec)
  • Triplex: Drogue Dropper
  • Zetaris: hurry Aerospace Complex production (48 ec)
  • Thermal Tassagrad: change production to probe cruiser (see workshop)
  • Blessed Saviour: drone to doctor
  • Glory of God: drone to doctor
  • And all the newly conquered Believer bases drone control as well next to stockpile energy in the queue
  • Formers on 72.64 to 70.68 for sensor construction
  • Seaformer in Locutus bring him south ASAP
  • Crawler in Mega Reboot moves to 36.66 (and crawls every turn on the way)
Do not spent more ec's this turn. I'm trying to save enough in order to 'buy' Blessed Saviour in two turns.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 29, 2004 at 18:37.
Old April 30, 2004, 06:19   #347
GeoModder
Deity

To: Prime Function

GoG conquered base needs the drone assimilated to a doctor
A/O Gate worker 'borg can be placed on the mine tile north of the base

For the rest, turn looks good.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 30, 2004, 06:33   #348
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Glory of God? It does not, according to me. Check the psych display, that drone is actually not a drone (bug in SMAX).
Old May 2, 2004, 22:02   #349
Impaler[WrG]
King

Thouse Beliver base are going to be WAY to expensive to mind control I think, I am no expert though so if you have any good resoning to think we can get it for less then 400 credits that could be worth it as we would take almost a dozen impact troops.

We need more Air Defences from these Drone Chopper incursions, Impact SAM needle Jets will do well, build some.

I dont see why we want Plasma Garrisons in Mega Reboot their no hostile activity likly in that area, I think we should be making Crawlers/formers or some kind of Air unit potentialy for power projection against the Angels in the future.

Pi Squared need Airoplex as well, Triplex I recomed SAM neddle Jets or a Crawler.
Old May 3, 2004, 07:43   #350
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, I keep it in mind.

Basically Buster is too smart. His choppers are 'parked' outside our interceptors return radius, and he most likely just sacrifices them, since no returning choppers can be found. He can permit this I think.

As for the Angels side of the map: Hive is preparing a massive attack on the northern Angel shore. Check Rubinite in the F4 screen. It is the base near New Moscou still in black.

You're right that the formers and crawlers lost last turn must be replaced.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 8, 2004, 15:51   #351
Impaler[WrG]
King

Just got the Turn, Hive is indeed expanding rapidly in Angel Territory, I estimate they will be completly moped up in 3-4 more turns at this rate.

Belivers are swarming out of their bases at us and I checked the cost of mind controling a base of theirs, its absolutly rediculus 1300 credits just like I told you it would be (their the freking BELIVERS! whos crazy idea was it to try to use probes on them). I hope the military comanders can hold onto what already been taken.

Which is easier said then done considering that the Hive just Rebuilt Caboculture

So this is the begining of the end as far as Trantor is conserned, we cant hope to hold off a constant stream of Drop Rovers into our territory.

I will have some Internal Orders in 24 hours. I think we should start considering the surrender option if they take the Northern Coast of Trantor, theirs very little activity here in Cycon and their seems to be an itch in the main forum to get the new game started soon.
Old May 9, 2004, 15:41   #352
Impaler[WrG]
King

Ok heres my initial write up for Internal Affairs.

First off though my sugjestions for the military front,

Dont obliterate DBTS as the Hive dose not have the ability to drop directly in to the base, though they can drop 1 rover next to the base, this rover though has weak weapons and any desent defender could stop it. Even if they fly in some Choppers I think we should try to mind Control the base on the following turn with the Probe in AP.

I think our units in Beliver territory shoud be able to mop up the swarm of Beliver infantry with little problem, both probe teams should be used to capture units as the costs are rather reasonable their.

On the Angel Front we should move in X Choppers to the western island next to the Bananna Sea (Hense forth refered to as Western Bananania), from their we can Gass Angel Bases to death and hopefully create a buffer between us and the Hive and if possible Gass some Hive troops as well.

AND FOR THE 10th time in as many years MOVE THE DAMN SCOUT PATROLS AND OTHER INFANTRY SCATERED ACROSS SOUTHERN TRANTOR AND THE SEA BASES NORTH WARE THEY CAN BE OF SOME USE!

Ok now for the internals

HoG - Change to Rec Commons and hurry 8 Credits
GoG - Crawlers, make worker a doctor,
WoG - Scrap the scout patrol (whos dumb idea was that anyways) and change to Rec Commons and hurry it for 120 credits or else we will loss population and will be screwed.
Zet - Might want to start a Perimiter defence here incase they make land incursions along the And/Or road, if not then build defenders. Worker from forest to Mine (should have been done last turn)
AP - full hurry
MBV - full hurry
Trip - X Chopper (move thouse units to Trantor)
Loop - Full hurry
Bolean Bay - Crawler
Binary - full hurry
Aurora - mililanious military production
MegaBoot - X Chopper
LoC - full Hurry (presumably we will use the transport to place that pod in some desirable location (perhaps a last stand base)
Lair - change to X Chopper
Thermal and Casablanca - what are thes Probe Cruisers for and whos idea was this, their a huge investment for a measly 2 movment points.
Mega Reboot - X Chopper
NJ - change to Rec Commons, hurry 34 credits
Athena - Misilanious military (upgrade that scout to drop and get it onto Trantor)
Matrix - Mililanious military

Crawler at 69/75 rehome at Bolean Bay then switch harvesting with the worker on the forest, move a worker to farm to compensate.

(72/76) Mine

Convoy all the Formers in Central Trantor down to (71/69) ware they can start on a series of Mines in that area

Formers by Matrix both put a sensor in the forest just north of their current location

Sea Formers - Tidal Harness at (52/66)
Old May 10, 2004, 12:05   #353
GeoModder
Deity

Impaler, empty your PM box please. Nothin' can be sent to it.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 17, 2004, 14:28   #354
Impaler[WrG]
King

Hurry everything thats got alteast 10 minerals acumulated, especialy in Beliver territory

Sugjest we initiate the Planned switch now and throw a bunch of Energy at Pych to keep the Beliver bases from Rioting, use more workers and if the Rec Commons is hurries to 1 turn take that into account. We need thouse Belivers out their harvesting Nuts so they wont starve. Then we can Nerve Staple again next turn and put them all back to work.

I am agin recomending that we make Impact Interceptors as we have not had 1 combat yet inwhich Missle Interceptors would have justified their 40% greater cost. Also we might want to consider the possibility of SAM laser Cruisers even with 2 attack power they can take out all the Hive and Drones unarmored air units. Their only 3 rows and dont need to worry about refueling. Just something to consider.

I suspect they will start Droping on us soon, think we should position Choppers in Matrix to counter attack.