Old August 14, 2003, 23:11   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Request of Info from Roleplay.
You had mentioned earlier that your characters were attached to specific units in the game. I was wondering if someone would be willing to let me know where MrWhereitsat is (for Sir UnOrthOdOx to go meet him) and who was in Meridia, Salamanca, Valencia, and Murcia.

If thats allowed.
Old August 15, 2003, 00:25   #2
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'm in Pamplona fighting... a hangover! I'm planning to burn the governor's mansion down around me if the city falls. I figure the minibar will make a great accelerator.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old August 15, 2003, 00:41   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

/me makes note to use the Greek Fire in the attack on Pamplona. The defenders may be flammable..........
Old August 15, 2003, 03:41   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

MrWIA is very safe. I heard he is with a concentratrion of units. I know this is safe because GoW would never go near a real fight.
Old August 15, 2003, 07:08   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
MrWIA is very safe. I heard he is with a concentratrion of units. I know this is safe because GoW would never go near a real fight.
Poor little kitty, did someone take away your catnip?
Old August 15, 2003, 07:20   #6
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:25
Hmmm. maybe MrWIA might be save from the twenty riders of GoW in Salamanca but thats only because the BASF will strike first so he could be deadly save....
Old August 15, 2003, 08:11   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Uhhh, Darekill I thought we weren't going to mention anything about stuff that comes down ND's roads............
Old August 15, 2003, 10:14   #8
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:25

Sorry...

But on the other hand they just can't resist this Army can they?
Old August 15, 2003, 11:09   #9
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:25
Quote:
Now, Nye, you know that cowardice has nothing to do with our actions. We simply were doing what was the rational thing. I had a goal and simply ingnored distractions. Were we tempted by some of the stacks? You bet we were, especially that 5knight/several catapult stack. But even in defeating one of the stacks we would have lost, because the next turn we would have almost certainly been counterattacked by many knights and catapults. The goal of war is as Yogi Berra said about baseball" hit em where they ain't". We will certainly have to attack large stacks but it will be at a time and place of our choosing, not our opponents, and under conditions we dictate. Ya'll may now return to your trash talking.
Aggie(Emperor of Glory of War)
Old August 15, 2003, 11:14   #10
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Cowardice? Emphasis on the 'Cow'.
Old August 15, 2003, 11:21   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
to Aggie.
But let's keep in mind that the issue of "courage" and "cowardice" has already been discussed thoroughly... so let's assume that we all understand that "cowardice" often implies good sense and logical thinking, and if someone calls an in-game enemy a coward, it is just for the sake of trash-talking.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 15, 2003, 11:54   #12
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 03:25
GoW has certainly been intelligent enough to avoid battle on GS's terms, and make use of their 3 moves. Well done.

Stinking Cowards!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old August 15, 2003, 12:14   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Moo!
Old August 15, 2003, 12:18   #14
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Ah, gentlemen, our steak dinner has just arrived.
Old August 15, 2003, 12:41   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Ah, gentlemen, our steak dinner has just arrived.
We always honor the last meal request.................
Old August 15, 2003, 12:44   #16
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

As Consul of Internal Affairs for the Glory of War I condone any actions taken by my team that does not further my gains and...

Ghengis why are you looking at me like that

/me runs away and hides in Trafalgar whilst ordering a stack of Shibering workers to help defeat GS...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 15, 2003, 13:43   #17
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Ah so those GS units that died last turn died in a fake fight...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old August 15, 2003, 13:51   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

GS only fights if they outnumber their opponents, are fighting downhill, their opponents are unaware they are opponents, its the dead of night, and at least half of the enemy they are attacking are on the take...................
Old August 15, 2003, 17:51   #19
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
So, Vox weren't aware that they were our opponents, all battles took place at the dead of night and at least half of Vox's army was on the take?
That explains a number of things...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 15, 2003, 20:58   #20
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
You left out the ample supply of bananas...
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 16, 2003, 13:30   #21
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

... and the food poisoning...
Old August 20, 2003, 00:42   #22
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:25
/me posts so that all can see his sig

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 20, 2003, 06:55   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
* MrWhereItsAt posts so that all can see his sig
Do you want us see your sig or your location that taunts UnOrthO?
Old August 20, 2003, 07:00   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Sig, location, wordy stuff that irritates people by forcing them to read it......

Location.

Old August 20, 2003, 09:37   #25
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Just tell us what tile your supposedly on in the game, and we'll clarify this discussion in person.....................
Old August 20, 2003, 09:39   #26
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

It's not like there's allot left for him anyway.

He's cowering like the dog he is inside Pamplona whilst licking the boots of Togas.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 20, 2003, 09:46   #27
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
whilst licking the boots of Togas.
Mmmmm. Tasty.

/me will never understand the Spanish palette or its enjoyment of boot droppings and squid.
Old August 26, 2003, 01:09   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
It's not like there's allot left for him anyway.

He's cowering like the dog he is inside Pamplona whilst licking the boots of Togas.
Sir:

whilst such a conflagration is consuming Spain's fair lands and stealing her sons, I hear words of one who would blame me, Spain's humblest servant, for the conflict. The Lord does indeed have many mysterious ways, and it sorely tests my faith to be confronted with so personal a conflict in the midst of such national disaster.

So shaken was I on hearing such words that it has taken me long hours of convalescence to prepare myself for this response. My brother called to me to take up arms and seek out this cohort of the infidel who would dare besmirch the name of my family. I bid him calm himself, for one must withstand temptation, for it is the device of the devil.

And thus we arrive at my message to you, Sir UnOrthOdOx. I will not fall to that temptation - that childish trickery. Were you a man I would seek a duel to satisfy the pride that wells up inside every red-blooded Spanish caballero - but you are nothing of the sort. For this childish trickery is naught but a demon's words, attempting to pervert the course of good Christian Spaniards. I see you and your unwashed subhuman hordes for what they are UnOrthOdOx - the bile of hell itself. No man of this Earth would defy the Lord so much as to ally with the infidel, let alone attack His most cherished lands.

The lands are dark with the infestation that is this unholy army, and it is curs such as you, Sir UnOrthOdOx, and your abominous creature-at-arms GhengisFarb that test the rule of Heaven more than mortal man ever could. But rest on these words, knave, and if you have a shred of appreciation for words such as "justice" and "right", you will return to your pit. For when Heaven fights back, by the Lord, Heaven's armies will expurgate this world of you and all your kind. Spain shall ascend to her glory again, and you shall beg for forgiveness before the Holiest even as your twisted existence is returned to the oblivion from whence you came.

I conclude with a heartfelt prayer that I may never encounter you, not even your words on parchment blackened by proximity to your sinner's heart. I would pray for you, but I fear that even uttering your name once more would damn me.

Old August 26, 2003, 23:29   #29
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I had a lengthy response prepared earlier this morning when Poly crashed. I might reconstruct it later. Just wanted to let you know that the above post made my whole day, MrWIA.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 28, 2003, 04:58   #30
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

[Terribly OOC]

There is indeed some fun to be had in this game yet. Even if it is just our two characters sniping at each other. [/OOC]

Avaunt ye, foul demon!