Old August 30, 2003, 13:48   #31
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 02:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
3 chip colossal swords instead.
Not available yet, and I want to upgrade one of my lagging swords with sockets.

I ended up getting a decent rune sword, 13-53 dmg with +30 to attack rating without the gems.

I'm not really patient enough to keep re-rolling the mods, since I have to do chipped gem runs just to make the swords. Once I get something decent (no of frost), then I use the sword until I find something better.
Old August 30, 2003, 13:55   #32
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 23:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
My mf barb is working hard to find a decent bow for my zon, but I'm sure I can easily Rush you guys w/ goldstrike in normal and NM.

If anyone wants to play a game or need help just pm me.
Rushing is a little harder in 1.10. First of all they made it so you can't take town portals to certain areas you've never been, i.e. the Durance of Hate. Second, if you are partied with a character whose level is way different than yours, neither player get crap for xp. I tried having a level 53 rush my brand new level 1 through normal. Every enemy killed by anyone only gave me 1 xp. I could have kept rushing, but I never would be able to level anywhere.
Old August 30, 2003, 17:51   #33
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

The patch is so much more difficult than the previous versions were, barbs are especially hard with the reduced attack rating. Right now I'm sitting with a lvl 58 Hydra-Orb Sorc in act V in nm.

And as FP mentioned, there are a few of us playing together and we coordinate over at MZO, hopefully I can start playing online again in the next week when I get my internet setback up.
Old August 31, 2003, 10:29   #34
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 00:27
well this thread made me buy diablo II again, since i misplaced my original. it was advertised for £20 with the expansion, but i some how managed to get them both for 99p each. hahahaha

i would love to get involved in some games with apolytoners once i remember how to play
Old August 31, 2003, 15:35   #35
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero

You mean you dont use at least double digit leech %?

I had a friend who had a pally that always relied on potions to regain health. I never understood why he did that.
I've never been lucky finding good leech items.

Everbody always says to use leech. Specially with Zons. But with zons I always run out of mana . I can never find enough leech items.

That's a problem I've always had with this game. I can never find good uber items.
Old August 31, 2003, 23:43   #36
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

look for magical rings w/ leech, or you can find low lvl unique items that always has good mods such as leech until you can find better one to replace that.

My zon is lv 83 and she's still using hand of broc (unique glove)cause i couldnt find enough leech items to retire the damn glove.. lol
Old September 2, 2003, 18:27   #37
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Another option is to find some perfect skulls and socket a sword. This way you can up your life leech.

There are usually good leech gloves available as well.
Old September 2, 2003, 19:29   #38
Qilue
King

Local Time: 17:27
You didn't specify what kind of 'zon, so I'll assume a bowie. Javies, spearies and tankers have slightly different requirements.

The unique leather gloves "The Hand of Broc" have 3% mana and life leech.
Undead Crown and Wormskull both have 5% life leech. Manald Heal (unique ring) has 4-7% (random) mana leech.
Cathan's Seal, ring from the Cathan set has 5% life leech.
The Mavina set is good value too, although the bow tends to have a useby date.
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest has 10% life and mana leech (and a lvl 66 req)

Which patch are you playing and is this an open or realm character? I don't play open multi, but I do play SP. So if your character is 1.09 and open, I could backup my character and give you some 1.03 dual leech rings.
Old September 2, 2003, 21:15   #39
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

On battlenet I have a 0.8 Vampire Gaze Grimhelm, 10% life leech and 8% mana leech

The trick for finding good stuff is doing LOTS and LOTS of Mephisto runs. I've done 40 runs in a day before. It's really the only way to go. UnOthO does a lot of gambling, that can work too, but it costs a ton of money to get something good.
Old September 2, 2003, 23:57   #40
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I just can't play the game that way. That's why I already quite playing my Druid. I get bored of D2 quickly. I tend to play the game like it was intended to be played. Quests in order etc. Though I don't usually pass up a chance at town portals to Durance of Hate or the second level of Andarial's layer. I hate chapter 1. And chapter 3 gets annoying after a while.
Old September 3, 2003, 16:04   #41
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Unfortunately, my current character is single player, and not available to me at this point.

However, when I get my new computer set up, I'll have to set up a multi-player character.
Old September 3, 2003, 17:33   #42
Qilue
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
On battlenet I have a 0.8 Vampire Gaze Grimhelm, 10% life leech and 8% mana leech

The trick for finding good stuff is doing LOTS and LOTS of Mephisto runs. I've done 40 runs in a day before. It's really the only way to go. UnOthO does a lot of gambling, that can work too, but it costs a ton of money to get something good.
What about the Council and Pindleskin? They can drop good stuff too.
Old September 3, 2003, 20:30   #43
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
If anyone wants to play the BETA a little, my hammerdin has made it to act 5 in hell. I can host a game no problem. I'm also willing to run around with people and help with quests, but someone else will have to host for that.

PM me or post here if anyone wants to play.

My hammerdin's stats
He does roughly 5100 damage per magic hammer
Around 1050 life
~60's for resists in hell
max block
4900 defense after holy shield

Most parts he tears through, but there have been a couple places that sucked, namely Tal Rasha's tomb (had several magic immune mummy champions) and Diablo's Lair (the Infector of Souls is ridiculously mean on hell... waaaay tougher than Diablo is).
Old September 6, 2003, 17:21   #44
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

hammerdin? ewww i dont play d2 anymore. I play d2x.

Unless you meant hammerdin in d2x.. that would be extremly extremly gay

oh and to whomever was asking. I play on USeast. 1.09 so far... havent checked my acct in 2 weeks so i dunno if patch came out yet. I doubt it though. It seems like this acct is gonna perish due to inactivity again (I lost interest in the game... again).
Old September 6, 2003, 18:05   #45
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Say what you want Zero, but with the new 1.10 patch, a blessed hammer Paladin is one of (if not the strongest) characters.

And obviously I meant d2x... I said act 5 didn't I.

Download the beta, play a guy through hell, and see how easy it is. After that, tell me again that a hammerdin is gay, because mine can easily solo hell now .
Old September 6, 2003, 18:32   #46
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike
Say what you want Zero, but with the new 1.10 patch, a blessed hammer Paladin is one of (if not the strongest) characters.

And obviously I meant d2x... I said act 5 didn't I.

Download the beta, play a guy through hell, and see how easy it is. After that, tell me again that a hammerdin is gay, because mine can easily solo hell now .
How is hammerdin possible in 1.10? is blessed hammer dmg enhanced? does conc stack with blessed hammer again? and are you playing with "player 8" or at least with on LAN with few players in the game?

I DLed beta. And I just got bored playing it since it wasnt on the realm. [sarcasm]Its weird, I need frequent server down time and lag in this game in order to be fun... [/sarcasm]
I dont think my interest in this game will last till release of 1.10 in the realm........ :bleh:
Old September 6, 2003, 22:08   #47
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Like I said in a previous post, my hammers do over 5000 damage each. The closest thing I ever had to that in 1.09 was a nova sorc that could spam 3-4 novas a second for 1500 damage each (+13 to skills ). Spamming a bunch of hammers on the screen causes everything to die fairly quickly. This wasn't possible until 1.10, but now vigor and blessed aim each add 15% damage as a synergy for each point. Concentration also stacks.

I've been playing on players 4 (the console command to change the # of players is great). I really don't think I have the patience to play through hell on players 8, and really I'm not even sure if it's possible to solo hell with the monsters that difficult. My roommate and I tried it partied together and it was REALLY hard.

As far as boredom goes, I know what you mean. I played through 1.10 once so I could get a feel for it (it's really different), but I doubt I'll play through again until it's released on the realms.
Old September 7, 2003, 07:47   #48
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

Running the council in Travincal beforehand can be a profitable addition. I tend to run a few other easy-to-reach bosses as well (such as Bone Ash), but only to delay the onset of boredom.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old September 7, 2003, 12:21   #49
Qilue
King

My favourite character on realm was a Javie. With piercing and wall activation, the damage per monster could reach 20k+.

Best fun with javazons was pre-toned-down lightning graphics in 1.05. You could almost feel your comp gasping when the frame rate dropped to 0 and the screen was white. It was also fun running the RoF and Chaos with a WW spear barb. They had to follow behind because I could do more damage faster and with less risk.