Old August 17, 2003, 10:19   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Balderdash PBEM
Balderdash PBEM
1) GhengisFarb {Ghengis of Ghaul(Germans)}
2) UnOrthOdOx {Makhpiya-Luta of the Ogala(Iroquois)}
3) Arnelos {Arnelos of the Japanese}
4) Beta {Beta of Atlantis (Greeks)}
5) Darekill - {Darekill of the Egyptians}
6) GodKing - {GodKing of the Arabs}
7) ZargonX - {Glorious Dynasty of Zar-Xu (China)}
8) Aggie {Aggie of the Ottomans}

RULES: You must post at the end of each turn a piece of propoganda supporting or denouncing something.

All random settings, small map, 4 saves and we each vote for our favorite then play the 'best' one. Mass Regicide.

If you want to play a specific civ let me know TODAY or you will be given a random civ. I do think we should have one or two Hidden Nationality units.

Elephants, Man O Wars, F-15s and Numidian Mercenaries are universal and have Hidden Nationality.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 18, 2003 at 18:34.
Old August 17, 2003, 14:22   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:30
I always play random. It makes me adapt to different things. For this game, using a random generator, I have come up with # 22, The ottomans.
Aggie
Old August 17, 2003, 15:32   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I always play random. It makes me adapt to different things. For this game, using a random generator, I have come up with # 22, The ottomans.
Aggie
So, is it going to be just Aggie of the Ottomans?
Old August 18, 2003, 00:11   #4
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
As posted in the other thread, I will be the Glorious Dynasty of Zar-Xu (China)
Old August 18, 2003, 16:19   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Makhpiya-Luta of the Oglala (iriqouis) will step forth to cleanse the world of all you vehos scum.

And, yes, Hidden nationality UU's would be great.

Num mercs are perfect, I think. Num Mercs, Elephants, and Man o Wars would be the top three. Non all too powerful, but good enough to cause some...contention.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 18, 2003 at 16:25.
Old August 18, 2003, 17:03   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Arabs. You stinking infidels. You smell like pork.

(also, the f-15 would make an interesting hidden nationality if nobody is going to play the great satin)

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 18, 2003, 18:36   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Okay, updated list.

Looks like Elephants, Numidian Mercs, Man O Wars, and F-15s to be Hidden Nationality units.
Old August 18, 2003, 20:16   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Q: We ARE removing the flag for starting GA on the hidden nat units....right?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 18, 2003, 21:14   #9
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

If we're going to have Hidden Nationality units, I must insist the Guerilla be one (if we make it that far) I mean, c'mon, that's what they were designed for
Old August 18, 2003, 22:17   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Yes, the Golden Age flag will be removed and I will make Guerillas have the HN ability also.
Old August 19, 2003, 00:17   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Sent the saves to UnOrtho. If I have to type Manchu Pichi Looloo of the Oompa Loompas one more time................

My ranking from best to worst:
Game 1
Game 4
Game 2
Game 3
Old August 19, 2003, 13:42   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I'll play them tonight.

Arnelos, you still using your AOL account or you want me to send it somewhere else?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 19, 2003, 22:14   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Don't forget to rank em.
Old August 21, 2003, 08:47   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Save sent to Arnelos' AOL account.

I demand that we have a new person set up the saves, GF is obviously attempting to influence this game by dealing a leathal blow to the Red Man! The Oglala tribe of the great Sioux nation therefore demand that we have an impartial person set up the game that it may be free of the pathetic attempts of one GhengisFarb to gain an advantage.

Oh, my rankings:

Game 1
Game 4
Game 2
Game 3

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2003, 10:17   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I demand that we have a new person set up the saves, GF is obviously attempting to influence this game by dealing a leathal blow to the Red Man! The Oglala tribe of the great Sioux nation therefore demand that we have an impartial person set up the game that it may be free of the pathetic attempts of one GhengisFarb to gain an advantage.
If we find out I screwed up with any of them, like giving someone the wrong civ like last time, I absolutely will support someone else making the games. I came real close to requesting it when I saw the blatant "Scrabble scoring" attempt of DumbOdOx to use every letter of the alphabet at least twice in his name.

What are you whining about anyway, I didn't choose the map size that gave us such cruddy land. Real original choices on which are your favorites, did you actually look at the games or just copy my list?

Ye List O' Rankings:
Game 1
1 GhengisFarb
1 UnOrthOdOx

Game 2
3 GhengisFarb
3 UnOrthOdOx

Game 3
4 GhengisFarb
4 UnOrthOdOx

Game 4
2 GhengisFarb
2 UnOrthOdOx
Old August 21, 2003, 10:41   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

If you're simple mind would have thought to run a search, you could have simply chosen to type the idiot white man version of Red Cloud. I suppose that was far too much to ask from one such as you, though.

Ratings? Ha! You are then assuming that I left them all numbered the same as I passed them on, then? For all you know I changed Game 3 to be Game 1...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2003, 11:18   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Ratings? Ha! You are then assuming that I left them all numbered the same as I passed them on, then? For all you know I changed Game 3 to be Game 1...
Okay, now that would be going too far! We have eight races in this (eight races, and one civilization-the Ghauls, I certainly couldn't call the other seven civilized) and changing the numbers is a crime against humanity.

Of course I can always check my start postion in each one and determine their TRUE number.
Old August 21, 2003, 11:28   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yes it would be going too far, though the thought DID cross my mind.

For me, 1,2,and 4 are really interchangeable. 3 is the only one I would consider less desirable than the others.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2003, 11:29   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Yes it would be going too far, though the thought DID cross my mind.

For me, 1,2,and 4 are really interchangeable. 3 is the only one I would consider less desirable than the others.
Same, here. I didn't have a glorious start in any of them and won't feel sad whichever one we play.
Old August 21, 2003, 11:39   #20
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

'Civilization'? 'Civilized'?

I spit upon such concepts. You so-called 'civilization' knows nothing of the Taku Wakan (spiritual powers) and places its faith on the hollow concepts of this so-called 'scientifc' trait. I will therefore show you the true power of gaining the Taku Wakan's favor by being kind to my people and brave before my enemies; by
telling the truth and living straight; by fighting for my people and their hunting grounds.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 21, 2003, 11:43   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

"Take you walkin?" Keep your deprived hoodlums away from my daughters your savage!
Old August 25, 2003, 03:15   #22
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:30
Will this ever start?
Old August 25, 2003, 06:33   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
Will this ever start?
It has, I just don't know what happened when UnOrthO got the saves. He CLAIMS he sent it on, but you never know..............
Old August 25, 2003, 09:04   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

"Never Know?"

If the mindless idiot known as GhengisFarb would ever care to open his eyes, he would see that Arnelos has them and is seeking Beta's E-mail: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=95243

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2003, 09:30   #25
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
"Never Know?"

If the mindless idiot known as GhengisFarb would ever care to open his eyes, he would see that Arnelos has them and is seeking Beta's E-mail: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=95243
That's just your word, which I might clarify is worth ......
SQUAT!
Old August 26, 2003, 03:56   #26
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:30
Hey, cool down both of you!
Ask Arnelos instead!
Old August 26, 2003, 15:16   #27
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Cool down? This has been fairly mild I thought...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2003, 16:27   #28
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I actually sent the saves to Beta some time ago...
Old August 26, 2003, 16:29   #29
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

My rankings:

Game 1
Game 4
Game 3
Game 2

Seems that games 1 and 4 are popular.
Old August 26, 2003, 16:55   #30
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

It will make it to me soon then. Good. You infidels shall feel our just and holy might.

GK of the Arabs.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con