Old April 20, 2004, 22:29   #511
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Farb is apparently back. He showed up about 10 minutes after I posted this (and in a few other PBEMs I'm in with him) He said he would be getting to his PBEMs very soon.
I think GF is lying, I dont think he is capable of an effective Balderdash anymore, I think we scared him away
Old April 21, 2004, 14:56   #512
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
..... Rest In Peace .....
Old April 21, 2004, 18:58   #513
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Bah! After hardening my military skills in the depths of the Louisiana Swamplands I have come back to Oklahoma where I organized a small rebellion of 75+ soldiers and marched on the offices of our five Federal Congressmen, two Senators, State Governor, and several network news stations.Sorry for the long hiatus, but I am released from Active Duty (on terminal leave) and back home in Oklahoma. Good news is there should be no more delays on my end.[/

Our goal: finding out what happened to our Per Diem! (My goal: to become a local warlord similiar to those in Afghanastan and Iraq and stake out a new feudal kindgom in central Oklahoma.)

Spoiler:
Sorry for the long hiatus, but I am released from Active Duty (on terminal leave) and back home in Oklahoma. Good news is there should be no more delays on my end

Uh, no one has sent me the save. I got an email from GK but no save was attached.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; April 25, 2004 at 23:20.
Old April 26, 2004, 19:28   #514
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

GF has (I hope) gotten a new email with the save attached. Truthfully, it was not my fault that GF doesn't know how to open his email.....

Hopefully, it will start moving again. In my other pbem, I just got nuked back to the stoneage, then I got to launch all my tridant missles back - verrrrry bad feeling when you open a save, and see that 3/4 of all your cities are glowing ruins, but that they never did find any of my subs - so 4/5 of the rest of the world is now ruins (I nuked everybody, just in case - good to have 40 subs floating around).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old April 26, 2004, 22:42   #515
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
....and stake out a new feudal kindgom in central Oklahoma.
I thought the American mid-west already was a feudal kingdom.
Old April 27, 2004, 19:52   #516
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

I thought the American mid-west already was a feudal kingdom.
What's your point?

Sent to conmcb25.
Old April 27, 2004, 20:01   #517
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Some guy called Jason Farber forwarded me the save, it cant be GF though because we all know he is too intimidated to Balderdash anymore.

And OH Ya, hey Beta, liberals suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*con is glad this one is moving again*
Old April 27, 2004, 20:14   #518
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Hmmm, I could've swore I forwarded it to a Steve Knapowski................
Old April 28, 2004, 12:37   #519
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Some guy called Jason Farber forwarded me the save, it cant be GF though because we all know he is too intimidated to Balderdash anymore.

And OH Ya, hey Beta, liberals suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*con is glad this one is moving again*
CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play the save and send it to the next player already!

Or have you given up already?
Old April 28, 2004, 12:38   #520
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play the save and send it to the next player already!

Or have you given up already?
Who said I didn't
Old April 28, 2004, 14:05   #521
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Who said I didn't
Everyone, seeing as no one has played since you received the save and you YOURSELF have never said you sent the save on or even played it.

I'm starting to take a dim view to the way you are holding up the PBEMs I'm in.

Old April 28, 2004, 14:21   #522
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

Everyone, seeing as no one has played since you received the save and you YOURSELF have never said you sent the save on or even played it.

I'm starting to take a dim view to the way you are holding up the PBEMs I'm in.

Ok fine then I quit
Old April 28, 2004, 15:44   #523
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 00:31
As much as I'd love to blame this on con, he did send me the file. I'll play it later today...probably tonight .
Old April 28, 2004, 15:47   #524
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
As much as I'd love to blame this on con, he did send me the file. I'll play it later today...probably tonight .
Its Ok blame me I quit!!!!!!!!!!

That Democrat in "Republican" clothes finally got to me, Im not going to stick around and see the world filled up liberal bull$hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 28, 2004, 19:31   #525
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

23 days and counting since I last saw a Balderdash save... 140 days of play and only 16 turns in this game... that's 8.75 DAYS PER TURN.

Old April 28, 2004, 22:41   #526
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Too...Freakin'...Long

3250bc to Darekill
Old April 29, 2004, 05:00   #527
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:31
Well it must be that stupid german that is playing so slow!
It's always the germans.
Always!
And don't blame me I'm korean dressed in egyptian clothes and speaking german.
Old April 29, 2004, 08:16   #528
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

DK

Now - we could do an analysis - see who has caused the longest delay - and call for A Crusade for their elimination. In fact - I think this hsould become a standard practice in pbem's.

Hmm... that might be an interesting premise for a game.

To ZargonX.
Old April 29, 2004, 14:33   #529
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
DK

Now - we could do an analysis - see who has caused the longest delay - and call for A Crusade for their elimination. In fact - I think this hsould become a standard practice in pbem's.

To ZargonX.
Um... you failed to write any balderdash with your post. Everything you said about declaring crusades against the slowest player was completely reasonable.

So what's the penalty for Beta failing to write actual balderdash when he sent the save?
Old April 29, 2004, 20:02   #530
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Quote:
I think this goes against every principle of ettiquette and good taste previously discussed in this forum...

...Ok, sign me up for the cut-throat speed demon game.

Turn to GF

[BTW, I've upgraded this game to v1.25b, everyone will need the new patch to play]
Old April 30, 2004, 01:48   #531
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel2D
[BTW, I've upgraded this game to v1.25b, everyone will need the new patch to play]
That had BETTER be your balderdash post... I'm already running dual install of C3C and I am NOT going to run *tripple* install of C3C merely for the benefit of a PBEM game that moves at a rate worse than one turn a WEEK. It's just not worth it... you'll kill the game. You want to change the version of the PBEM? We hold a vote on it.
Old May 1, 2004, 08:02   #532
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Whoops, by bad. GF I need that save back so I can retro-patch it.
Old May 1, 2004, 08:25   #533
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

What the he11 is 1.25?
Old May 1, 2004, 14:22   #534
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Received from Beta and off to Arn
Old May 1, 2004, 15:10   #535
Arnelos
Emperor

Game received and sent for the first time in nearly a MONTH. In celebration, magic jungle voodoo powers were used by the holy clerics of Babylonia to remove the pesky Farbians from the game. Please note that the save no longer needs to be sent to them, which should improve the pace of play by several times over.

Save to GodKiing.
Old May 2, 2004, 11:12   #536
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

TO GF.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 2, 2004, 12:18   #537
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Sent to conmcb25.

One of our most enthusiastic grass roots campaigners reported a very strange sight today. He observed a dark skinned individual covering himself in dye, not sure if it was a black skinned person covering himself in purple dye or a purple skinned person covering himself in black dye though.
Old May 3, 2004, 00:00   #538
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

What the he11 is this I said I quit damit!!!!!!!!

The save has been deleted.

And Im not telling you guys my password.
Old May 3, 2004, 00:55   #539
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

You should quit. No one likes you. Bucky Katt is still hunting you, you Monkey!

3200bc to Darekill
Old May 3, 2004, 04:57   #540
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
TO GF.
I guess the period is your balderdash of the turn...