Old December 9, 2003, 11:48   #151
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Question - (and I know I should know the answer) can you play with 7 or 8 civs on a standard size map?
Nope, it causes a fatal system error and can't be corrected because its hard-coded.

Gotta use Large.

Random Vanilla is fine with me.
Old December 9, 2003, 12:27   #152
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 03:31
Ya, right.

Have you played a large map game with 6-8 civs?

That is all I have to say on the matter.
Old December 9, 2003, 12:28   #153
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

No it isn't, you'll say something else in a little bit. Otherwise you wouldn't belong in this PBEM.
Old December 9, 2003, 18:30   #154
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Random everything, oh smelly ones.

and please, the smaller the map, the better. A single 20 square island with all of us starting on it would be great!

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 9, 2003, 22:03   #155
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Random everything, oh smelly ones.

and please, the smaller the map, the better. A single 20 square island with all of us starting on it would be great!
A man after my own heart.
Old December 9, 2003, 22:59   #156
Beta
lifer
Deity

Ok - lets get the locations and time zones right,

Darekill is Germany.

Beta is Toronto.

GK is Detroit.

Arrnelos is Virginia???

GF???

ZargonX????

I have two other inquiries out. We will start soon. Random civs, and random settings - except for landmass. Pangaea.

Standard size map. Maybe even small if there is only six of us.

Difficulty - regent?
Old December 10, 2003, 00:08   #157
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

GF lives in a swamp

Zargon is an east coast liberal elitist

Arnelos is in AZ but visits VA occassionally

What is going on here is this PtW or Conquests?

Map size and number of civs?

What if I cant think of propoganda on a turn?

Does the propoganda HAVE to relate to the game or could I just slam liberals?

(Zargon, I hope you know this is in all good fun and I fully expect to get it back with BOTH barrels)

Im Indiana so right now (in winter) Im EST and in summer Im CST.

Dont know if I can do this or not, I need some answers first!
Old December 10, 2003, 12:34   #158
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Anyone ever see The Waterboy with Adam Sandler? That's where I'm at. Deep in a Lousiana swamp which is suddenly not so bad as I am just a few hours from two NCAA Bowl Games.

I have no problem with conmcb25 joining but I am concerned with having too many players and slowing the pace down. So what if conmcb25's a little to liberal in his political views than I care for, this IS the Balderdash PBEM.
Old December 10, 2003, 13:48   #159
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 00:31
Beta asked me to join yesterday and I originally said no, but would like to reconsider that if you still have room.

I guess I'll have to get better at my Ghengis bashing...err balderdashing.
Old December 10, 2003, 14:05   #160
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
I'm moving back to the DC area in the next 2 weeks. So I'll be a conservative living in the capital of the free world (assuming you can still call it "free" after the Supreme Court voted to restrict free speech, of course ).
Old December 10, 2003, 14:18   #161
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
What is going on here is this PtW or Conquests?

Map size and number of civs?

What if I cant think of propoganda on a turn?

Does the propoganda HAVE to relate to the game or could I just slam liberals?

(Zargon, I hope you know this is in all good fun and I fully expect to get it back with BOTH barrels)

Im Indiana so right now (in winter) Im EST and in summer Im CST.

Dont know if I can do this or not, I need some answers first!
Conquests.

Small and 8. But that won't last long.

No problem. Just come up with a doubly good one the next turn.

Anything goes - but game related is preferable. And watch it - I am a very liberal Canadian, which from what I can etll, would be put right of the scale on the American political spectrum.

My American hero is Michael Moore.

So - are you in you gun toten' redneck? Or are you going to wuss out and leave all your fighting up to the American Military?

And Rhoth - welcome - great to have you on board.
Old December 10, 2003, 14:26   #162
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Wow, you guys are pretty good!

Dont worry, Im an equal oppurtunity liberal basher!

I got an idea since Ghengis is afraid too many will slow down the PBEM lets just throw him out of it.!

If you guys need me fine Ill play but if its too crowded Ill pass.

Up to you guys just let me know.
Old December 10, 2003, 14:30   #163
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Oh, by the way, I'm a moderate conservative living in California so I'll probably get bashed a bit by the liberals in here (and supported by Arnelos and con if he plays)...but you liberals backed AL GORE!
Old December 10, 2003, 14:47   #164
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

So with me booted out that gives you seven people, any idea when its going to get started?

So far:
Beta
ZargonX
Arnelos
Darekill
GodKing
conmcb25
Rhothaerill
Old December 10, 2003, 14:54   #165
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

We cant start without you GF, it wouldn't be as much fun unless we had you to bash around!
Old December 10, 2003, 18:01   #166
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Besides, the heretics that promised me my own copy of C3C for helping out with the beta still have not come through... so I STILL only have my beta disk which playes, but isn't the same as the final version and so on and so forth. Worse comes to worse I guess I can always buy a copy for the $25 and then give the signed version away as a Hon-i-mas gift.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 10, 2003, 18:15   #167
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

7 or 8 players on a small map with random civs works.
Old December 10, 2003, 18:36   #168
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
7 or 8 players on a small map with random civs works.
yup!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghengis Farb

So with me booted out that gives you seven people, any idea when its going to get started?
Hah - no such luck. You are part of this game whether you like it or not.

And I will start it up tonight.

Stay tuned.
Old December 10, 2003, 23:18   #169
Beta
lifer
Deity

OK - here is the trurn play order:

1. Beta brucehynes57nospamatrogersdotcom

drop the nospam and replace at a nd dot.

2. ZargonX jhaddocknospamatcruncbabledotnet

3. Arnelos ??

4. GodKing

5. GhengisFarb

6. conmcb25

7. Rhothaetill

8. Darekill

The game is underway. We have random civs. We have a small pangaea map, with normal climate and age, and raging barbs.

Admin password is 'admin'.
Old December 10, 2003, 23:19   #170
Beta
lifer
Deity

4000bc save to ZargonX of the xxxxxx.

May you live long and prosper - NOT!
Old December 10, 2003, 23:21   #171
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Why did you put me next to GF in the turn order!

You will pay for this Beta!

Old December 10, 2003, 23:42   #172
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

And after all this time he spells my name wrong!

con already should have my email but it's rhothaerill TA comcast TOD net for anyone else interested.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; December 10, 2003 at 23:59.
Old December 10, 2003, 23:58   #173
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

And you spelled Rhothaerill's name wrong!

You will pay Beta!
Old December 11, 2003, 04:12   #174
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:31
Yes Beta! You will pay for something I don't know yet

Btw. My e-mail is darekillatgmxdotde you know what to do with the at and the dot part....
Old December 11, 2003, 04:16   #175
Arnelos
Emperor

ZargonX apparently already has my e-mail courtesy of other PBEMs, since he just sent me the save

I need GodKing's addy.
Old December 11, 2003, 04:43   #176
Arnelos
Emperor

Save sent to GodKing (thanks to E_T for giving me the e-mail addy).

btw, for those of you curious about what civs you got:

Beta - Dutch (orange)
ZargonX - Greeks (green)
Arnelos - Carthage (brown)
GodKing - America (cyan)
GhengisFarb - France (pink)
conmcb25 - Zulus (black)
Rhothaerill - Portugal (purple)
Darekill - Korea (blue)

Looks like everyone will be quite happy.
Old December 11, 2003, 06:19   #177
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:31

Korea!

You don't mean the Korea with the incredibly strong Artilleryunit as UU,do you?

Nah, can't be true.
Korea
would be blue. And I'm not blue.....
Old December 11, 2003, 07:59   #178
Arnelos
Emperor

btw... I'm not exactly happy with my start, but I'll soldier on as best I can. Numidian Mercs should help, I suppose.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bald4000bc.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	59332  
Old December 11, 2003, 08:15   #179
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
btw... I'm not exactly happy with my start, but I'll soldier on as best I can. Numidian Mercs should help, I suppose.

Random is random.

And sorry Rhoth - I had just finished a bottle of wine when I set the game up. And I checked all the names twice.

But in the spirit of this game:

"Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it!"

(my sister is a school teacher and uses that line with her students. )
Old December 11, 2003, 08:16   #180
Beta
lifer
Deity

Darekill - my address is

brucehynes57 at rogers dot com