Old January 4, 2000, 08:03   #31
Captain Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 05:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
For the treaty:
Leave the negotiations open between the Germans and the Bolcheviks... Give the Bolcheviks the great wall or UN so the Germans ultimately have to offer them peace. Edit all the dialogue in the Game.txt file to relate to the Brest-Litovsk treaty, open the game with the Russians losing a city or two to the Germans... The human player must then choose to either try to recapture what he has lost or let it go and let the Germans keep it... However for this to work the Bolcheviks need to have control of at least the cities in Western Russia so they are the ones at war with the Germans...
Old January 4, 2000, 18:51   #32
Djugashvili
Emperor

Sounds pretty good. I'll see if I can work it out and the game would be that much more interesting. And I was planning to have the dialogues changed, so at least I figured that much out...
Thanks!
Old January 4, 2000, 23:14   #33
Djugashvili
Emperor

Wait, I was just thinking about that idea and something occured to me: Wasn't a whole bunch of territory given to Germany AFTER the treaty was signed? I was having trouble attempting to simulate this. Or does it really matter? Well, I think it does, but I'm not sure how to recreate this in a fun-sorta way...
Back to the drawing board...
Old January 11, 2000, 21:00   #34
Djugashvili
Emperor

Here's what I've been thinking/doing lately:

-I've placed several more cities onto the map, and I've realized that, because of it's relatively small size, it will be slightly crowded in some areas, especially Europe. Do you mind playing on crowded maps that much? The problem isn't too severe, but I want to kow your opinion now while it's still early enough to fix it without a big problem.

-I've eliminated the 'Other' civs and changed them to the Germans. Then I figure that, after ww2, they would become the Communist Bloc under the direct control of the USSR, as opposed to the Communist States who run their own, albeit Soviet-backed, government. This way, WWs 1 and 2 will be easier to simulate, no?

-I've got somebody working with me on some of the flags, so that's gonna be taken care of...

-I think I'm reaching to the conclusion that this scen will start right at the beginning of the Civil War, not the eve of the October Revolution, as I had previously wanted. Not a whole lot occured between Oct17-March18, so I don't think we'll be missing much. It simplifies the early stages tremendously...

-I've nearly complted a units list for the first part, but most of them are infantry. Any specific ideas for mech, air, or sea units? Thanks.

I'll continue to update this thread from time to time...

------------------
"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past."
Old January 13, 2000, 12:42   #35
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 06:52
Try making Economy the leading factor in this scenario. I am really looking for a 20th century economical scenario, one that handles the innerstate matters.

BTW, Hungary is cool. And I'm not saying that just because I'm their national saint (St. Stephanus-that's my name latinized)

------------------
Follow the masses!
30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
Convinced our voices can't be heard
We just want to scream it louder and louder:
"What the hell are we fighting for?"
"Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
-Brian May (Queen)
[This message has been edited by Stefan Härtel (edited January 14, 2000).]
Old January 16, 2000, 23:32   #36
Djugashvili
Emperor

C'mon guys. I'd like some answers here...

------------------
President of the Apolyton Workers' Union

"Workers of All the World, Unite!!"
Old January 17, 2000, 20:48   #37
Fast_Eddie

Deutschland.

Um...you could...finish it?
[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited January 18, 2000).]

Old January 18, 2000, 01:18   #38
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 06:52
What do you want to know, hear or ask?

I don't really to play on a mpa that is over-crowded. If there is a city every 2nd or 3rd square I get frustrated by it.

If there will be an element of war I can play I like if not all fighting is simple city sieges but takes place on the pampa so there is an option to fight on the countryside.
Old January 18, 2000, 01:28   #39
Djugashvili
Emperor

What? Oh, I didn't want to hear anything in particular, just maybe some answers to my questions.

But I've de-crowded the map some, and there's plenty of open land in central Asia and Siberia for Soviet expansion. I want to make expanding into these areas have huge economic benefits, as they tried to do by constructing industry in these regions.

Germany is pretty thin, however. I think there's only like four spaced-out cities in all of Deutchland. But at the start, Germany includes Austria-Hungary, so they should be pretty well off.

------------------
President of the Apolyton Workers' Union

"Workers of All the World, Unite!!"