Old August 20, 2003, 23:38   #31
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 10:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oerdin, I am already in the reserve forces. Every man is. There is no money in it. They don't pay you anything.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old August 20, 2003, 23:48   #32
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 03:39
Suckers!

You might try getting a long-term room at a hole-in-the-wall hotel until things sort out.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old August 20, 2003, 23:49   #33
Pekka
Emperor

No such things in here .
Old August 20, 2003, 23:50   #34
DanS
Deity

No reasonably-priced hotels?
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old August 20, 2003, 23:53   #35
Pekka
Emperor

Not for my economy there isn't. We don't have those cheap things where folks go and sleep with prostitutes. They exist only in movies and other countries.
Old August 20, 2003, 23:55   #36
DanS
Deity

Quote:
where folks go and sleep with prostitutes

Red Roof Inn would be insulted.
Old August 20, 2003, 23:55   #37
Pekka
Emperor

I mean, 20 bucks a night is the cheapest I have ever seen in this country. Now, I need to live there let's say a month? That would mean 600 bucks a month! After getting support money for the rent (~200 bucks) plus my student support money (~150 bucks) and my MAXIMUM loan (~200 bucks), I'd still need 150 bucks. Plus money to live, like food etc. So that's out of the question, with that money I could rent a very decent place with more than one room.

edit: ups.. I mean 50 bucks. Plus all the money I need to spend to just live. So.. that's not an option.
Old August 21, 2003, 00:24   #38
Pekka
Emperor

Looks like the problem is now solved.

But anyway, if anyone has any ideas to make fast money, share it please.
Old August 21, 2003, 00:54   #39
The Vagabond
Prince

Local Time: 07:39
Under the Bridge Inns, Inc. will be happy to help you with the housing. We'll just need some time to get in touch with our Finnish affiliates.
Old August 21, 2003, 01:01   #40
Pekka
Emperor

Nah this is just a challenge. I found out, that I can't have that place anyway. So I'll just to do some magic tricks and get something else. I'll work it though, no problems. This just adds to the excitement. YEAH BABY!
Old August 21, 2003, 01:13   #41
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 00:39
Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
I mean, 20 bucks a night is the cheapest I have ever seen in this country.
How about a youth hostel? Once when I was at school, do to my poor planning, there was a two week period where my lease was up at my old place but I couldn't yet move into my new place. I was very luckly to have a friedn's house to stash what little furniture I had and then I would sleep on a different friend's couch each night. A few nights though I couldn't find a place because people where out of town or had other guests so I ended up renting a bed at the local youth hostel. The place was clean, the showers hot, and breakfest was included all for like $12. While there I met two guys from Australia who had been staying at the hostel for a month and they got to stay without paying because they agreed to paint the place and fix a few broken things which needed mending.

Maybe you can reach a similiar agreement with the local hostel?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 21, 2003, 01:14   #42
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The Vagabond
Under the Bridge Inns, Inc. will be happy to help you with the housing. We'll just need some time to get in touch with our Finnish affiliates.
That is a good one. Still he is in Finland so it will be very cold under a bridge.

Another thing I did while I was temperarially homeless I slept in my car once and twice I went to a nearby (less the 15 minutes up the ocast) state park where I paid a $5 over night camping fee. If you have a tent and sleeping bag then for a small fee you can sleep there and most places include a hot shower as well.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 21, 2003, 01:15   #43
Pekka
Emperor

Oerdin, that might be a possibility. We have naturally youth hostels, but I think you need to have interrail card to be able to get in, though I'm not sure. I'll look into that one.
Old August 21, 2003, 01:18   #44
Oerdin
Deity

Hmm, the one I stayed at let everyone in who had the cash.
Old August 21, 2003, 01:21   #45
Pekka
Emperor

I'll look into it. But I'm sure I'll manage to get something, though in hurry.. but I'm confident. I just won't be picky about it, like if it's a house for ex-cons, drunk rehabs.. only adds to the excitement .