Old January 17, 2000, 20:46   #1
Fast_Eddie

Nemo didn't invent .bat files, so you're not stealing anything!

Old January 18, 2000, 01:32   #2
William Keenan
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm glad to see you are doing a revision Paul, Firewall is a fun scenario.

Here are the issues as I see them:[*]Unit Balance: Too many weak units that are not worth producing.[*]Tons of obsolete units at the start of the game.[*]City Guards need an attack and movement value.[*]The plot and storyline need fleshing out.
Old January 18, 2000, 01:55   #3
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 06:52
Firewall v2.0
Following on from the decidingly average review that v1.0 recieved in the Scenario League, I`ve been away improving Firewall for another release, and I`d like ideas and feedback from people who played the first one (there must be at least one of you out there ). So far, I`ve added these things:

-Included describe.txt to give more background to the main characters in the story.

-Finetuned the events file to fix slight problems experienced in v1, plus extra events added (new events file for every year of the scenario).

-Got rid of some units and added new ones (some more powerful units appear through events). Tweaked units stats to improve playability.

-Research now plays a bigger factor in the game (despite what was said in Darthveda`s review, Gunpowder always had to be researched). New techs lead to new units and improvements.

-Finally, a bigger plot! The main criticism of Firewall in the review was that it ran out of plot after a few turns, so it will now be in several parts.

So, like I said, if anyone has any feedback or criticisms (make them constructive), then do feel free to post them here.

P.S Do you think that using the .bat files that Nemo used for Red Front and modifying them would be classed as stealing his idea, and should I use them if it is?
Old January 18, 2000, 12:20   #4
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 06:52
Thanks for responding.

Like I said, I`ve tweaked the unit stats and abilities to attempt to give each one a purpose (Archers ignore City Walls, firepower and hit point values changed, for instance). The storyline is going to be BIG this time around too.

City Guards have a movement value of 1 now, but I`m not too sure about an attack value (the AI likes to move them all to it`s capital, so I don`t know what it`d make of them having an attack strength).

Any more feedback, just keep it coming!

------------------
Employee of Ghost Ham`s Apolyton Steel Mill
Old January 18, 2000, 23:21   #5
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Keep in mind that without an attack value of at least one, they'll be useless in preventing unrest.