Old August 21, 2003, 21:31   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 07:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unauthorized Transmissions....(letter to His Grace, the King of Spain)
***several bursts of static and white noise***

(yes, that noise IS coming from the mouths of the carrier pigeons chickens themselves, since we have not yet invented the radio)

To the People of Spain, and their Worthy King:

I only recently heard about the troubles of your fair Kingdom, having been mired in the events of another troubled land....a small and insignificant Kingdom by Your Grace's standards, (a little land called "Candle'Bre"), but one which has required my constant attention.

Nonetheless, having heard of your plight, I made for home with all speed, and have been in regular contact with the Stormian governing council.

My position on the war you face is simple and straightforward. This is a war for Spanish survival, pure and simple....it is a war for your very right to exist as a free People, and I have committed myself fully to your cause, duly and humbly presenting myself, through my Stormian homeland, to your service until this crisis has passed, and your nation is once again strong.

The singular, burning goal in my mind as I make this pledge of self, is to see a strong Spain that need never again fear the wrath of her neighbors, who have seen fit to join forces at the height of their power to bring about your complete undoing.

If your enemies believe that the "height of their power" is sufficient to undo mighty Spain, I submit that they have sadly underestimated you and your allies, and our resolve in this matter.

If your enemies believe that your nation is on the verge of extinction, and if their words have you even partially convinced of this proclaimed "fact," then I urge you to take heart and pay their words no heed. We are with you. All of us.

Spain will not only survive, she will thrive, and come out of this war stronger than ever, so that her enemies will never again be able to threaten her.

For your brave and stoic defense of your homeland thus far, you have not only made a friend of the Stormians in general, you have made a friend of me personally, and I take up the cause of your victory in this war as my own.

I join your fight, if you will have me at your side.

-Respectfully submitted,

-=Velociryx=-
Wayward son of Stormia
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Last edited by Velociryx; August 21, 2003 at 22:34.
Old August 21, 2003, 23:04   #2
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:41
Oh Boy ... I can't wait for the Truthometer to decipher this one

Old August 21, 2003, 23:58   #3
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:41
Truth-O-Meter!!!

where's the damn thing when you most need it!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old August 22, 2003, 00:36   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:41
Glad to have you on our side Vel.... now lets go roast some GoW Swine

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 22, 2003, 03:29   #5
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:41
I want to thank the great Nation from Stormia for their valued alliance in this unholly war started against Spain in a most unholly fashion. Perhaps all will be righted that was wronged; May the Godz have mercy on those responsible for the commited atrocities.
Old August 22, 2003, 04:18   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:41
Thank you.

As for the official Spanish response to comments made in this thread by various members of various teams:

No Comment
Old August 22, 2003, 09:58   #7
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Whoever thinks this GS campaign's objective is to help RP has their socks on too tight! I smell the GS-RP propaganda machine grinding up
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 22, 2003, 10:37   #8
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

A resounding clarification for the folks who do not believe my words here:

* I have no formal position in the power structures of GS. I am not a diplomat....I am not a general....I hold no governmental power whatsoever. I am an advisor, and as such, have helped shape policy on both fronts (diplomatic and military) in indirect ways (you might remember a little war GS was involved in not long ago, in which the tide was rapidly turned....I cannot, and would not even pretend to take full credit for that turnaround--my part centered mostly around the military aspects, and it was our city planners who deserve the lion's share of the credit--but I will share in that credit, as I was actively involved in shaping the strategy that helped make it happen....just to give an example). The views in this letter are MY views, and in fact, the team was not even consulted before this letter was posted.

* As these are my personal beliefs, this is the mindset and viewpoint from which I will be advising in the days and weeks that follow, as this war unfolds, my input into our plans will reflect this primary goal, and the truth of my words will be borne out for the world to see. Thus, you can cry "propaganda" all you want, but when these words are revealed as truth, those who do will only make themselves appear foolish....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Last edited by Velociryx; August 22, 2003 at 10:50.
Old August 22, 2003, 10:51   #9
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Ok so GS is here to save Roleplay, eh? Then why don't you gift them some old Voxian city and get off Bob?
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 22, 2003, 10:55   #10
Velociryx
staff

I can answer that question in general terms without revealing anything of our future plans, and so, I shall.

The specific reason why we did not do thusly is simply because ND and GoW do not decide what becomes of Spanish lands (much as they would dearly love to). SPAIN decides that. Spain.

And we will ensure it.

-=Vel=-
Old August 22, 2003, 11:06   #11
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Nice to hear from you Velociryx.

I am personally glad to hear that GS is so fully commited to this cause, I would have it no other way. Whatever your reasons, real or roleplayed, I wish you all the best, really, but make no mistake. While I personally went into this war committed to remove RP from the game, I would much prefer now to defeat GS and send them back to Estonia to lick their wounds. It will be an honor to face such a noble and esteemed team on the battlefield, now let's civ and may the best alliance win.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 22, 2003, 20:34   #12
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Estonia
What's Estonia?
Old August 22, 2003, 20:53   #13
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:41
Estonia is the Voxian name for the smallest continent that is currently under GS control.
I believe that every person may name geographical features in any way he pleases. Naming is an aspect of culture, and as we cannot enforce one culture upon another, we cannot enforce the global use of a certain name, nor do we want to.
So as long as UnOrthOdOx doesn't call Estonia/Stormia by names such as Stinkland or Putrid Isle, I don't mind how he calls it.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 22, 2003, 20:57   #14
Velociryx
staff

Greetings, Master UnOrthOdOx!

Yes yes...it would seem the die is well and truly cast then, for we will not abandon our allies to the fate you and yours have in store for them.

That said, I return your noble and gentlemanly gesture of a wish for the best, tip my hat to you, and....we'll see you out there....

-=Vel=-
(Wayward son of Stormia)
Old August 22, 2003, 21:09   #15
Panzer32
Emperor

I say we call it putridland. Then stinky isle as an adjective.

...or we could just go with Estormia.

Its like we call Bob "Bob" whereas ND calls it Borconia IIRC...
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 22, 2003, 21:17   #16
Velociryx
staff

Or, you could just call it....Daddy?

-=Vel=-
Wayward son of Stormia
/trashtalk mode off...
Old August 22, 2003, 21:25   #17
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Estonia is the northern region of the isle of Stormia. That is what the natives there call it, anyway.

Britain > British > Scotland

Stormia > Stormians > Estonia

It's pretty simple, really.
Old August 22, 2003, 22:19   #18
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Maybe one day we'll call it ours..
Aggie
Old August 22, 2003, 22:21   #19
Panzer32
Emperor

so the proper term is Great Stormia??
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 22, 2003, 22:26   #20
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Maybe one day we'll call it ours..
Aggie
Maaaaaaaaaybe.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 23, 2003, 02:26   #21
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
so the proper term is Great Stormia??
More technically, it's the United Republics of Great Stormia and Estonia.
Old August 23, 2003, 11:53   #22
Panzer32
Emperor

hmm... the UK covers northern Ireland as well... you guys aren't planning to take northern Bob are you?

only then it would be the United Kingdom of Great Stormia and Northern Bob.

(ie the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland )
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 23, 2003, 12:06   #23
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
...only then it would be the United Kingdom of Great Stormia and Northern Bob.

(ie the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland )
Doesn't GS already have the United Kingdom of Great Stormia and Southern Bob...well, at least a foothold there?
Old August 23, 2003, 12:10   #24
Velociryx
staff

The tides of war will, no doubt, shift the borders on Bob repeatedly as time goes by, but I fully acknowledge that we are guests in Spanish territory for the time being, and that we deeply appreciate the use of Spanish bases to help us prosecute this war.

-=Vel=-
Old August 24, 2003, 04:43   #25
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

They are yours for as long as you need them. It just blows GoW's minds' to think that we (GS/RP) could actually coordinate as well as we have without GS having some kind of evil ulterior motive towards RP.
Old August 24, 2003, 05:31   #26
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:41
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
They are yours for as long as you need them. It just blows GoW's minds' to think that we (GS/RP) could actually coordinate as well as we have without GS having some kind of evil ulterior motive towards RP.
The co-ordination has certainly been mindblowing
Hey.. lets leave all RP cities undefended so that they can be captured by ND & GoW.

No-one believes that GS has any motive, other than satifying their own needs and wants. They wanted presence on Bob..and RP gave it to them.

For that.. RP will be at war until the are willing to negotate a fair peace, and GS will have to suffer a game long war, until they are driven from Bob.
Old August 24, 2003, 09:50   #27
Velociryx
staff

Thank you, BigFree! And yes, the level of cooperation and coordination has been simply outstanding, and soon, the silliness of the words that the enemies of Spain are spewing out as fast as their guilty lips are able will be all too apparent.

I look forward to playing my part in the re-strengthening of Spain, and it will be a fine day indeed when her borders are once more secure, and she is strong in the face of her enemies.

-=Vel=-
Old August 24, 2003, 10:22   #28
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:41
Quote:
I look forward to playing my part in the re-strengthening of Spain, and it will be a fine day indeed when her borders are once more secure, and she is strong in the face of her enemies.
When did we start talking about a restart???
Old August 24, 2003, 10:25   #29
Velociryx
staff

Who said anything about a restart? There are some PERFECTLY GOOD ND cities that would make FINE Spanish holdings....Better give them to Spain while there's still time....you know, so those naughty GS'ers don't extend their presence on Bob....

-=Vel=-
Old August 24, 2003, 11:31   #30
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Who said anything about a restart? There are some PERFECTLY GOOD ND cities that would make FINE Spanish holdings....Better give them to Spain while there's still time....you know, so those naughty GS'ers don't extend their presence on Bob....

-=Vel=-
Nice!

BTW, Spain has not taken to kindly to the disbanding of our cities nor the renaming of others! The infidels shall pay dearly for this.

Bob shall belong to the righteous. Is that the moral high road I'm taking...Nope, I just think that we are 'right' and ND/GoW are wrong.