Old September 2, 2003, 08:46   #301
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 09:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Everyone knows Spaniards dont shower.
That is true, we don't have showers, we rather bath. You see, that is civilization. The bathhouse in Pamplona is excellent, with a sauna and baths with water of several temperatures. Unfortunately you destroyed the one in Valencia, it was ancient, with beautiful marble sculptures. Ah, you don't know anything of civilization or culture.

soldier Aidun Cian
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; September 2, 2003 at 08:52.
Old September 2, 2003, 08:50   #302
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 07:45
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
...there was no stopping you...
RP (or BF anyway ) has finally come to there senses!!

I think my signature is going to change (once I get home and can use IE instead of notes...)

Edited because a stupid space....

Last edited by Donegeal; September 2, 2003 at 12:42.
Old September 2, 2003, 10:20   #303
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Nice sig Donegeal.
But... you should check your spelling...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 2, 2003, 10:55   #304
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 02:45
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
We are not slaughtering our own citizens. If you ask me, the Spaniards deserve nothing short of death to begin with.

noted for precedential value
Old September 2, 2003, 12:45   #305
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 07:45
Well Shiber, its a quote. If its spelled wrong, bug BF...
Old September 2, 2003, 13:03   #306
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

No, actually, you misspelled regarding...

- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 2, 2003, 13:09   #307
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
No, actually, you misspelled regarding...

GoW don't need no Steenking speling!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 2, 2003, 13:48   #308
Shiber
Emperor

Nice avatar!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 2, 2003, 18:39   #309
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
1-pop towns can cost a lot to conquer and/or destroy, but only 30 shields to replace.
The way I see it, this is the most cost-effective manner of reclaiming the south.
Maaaybeee. Also maybe we have no troops in the south. Maybe killing those 4 units(all fortified and with other bonuses), took all but 2 of our units and what you see now are all we got. Wouldn't you feel silly if that is the case and 2 units held off all the rp and gs armies. Truly that could be embarrasing. Imagine moving slowly and cautiously while there were so few units in the south.
Aggie
Old September 2, 2003, 18:46   #310
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:45
Aggie, what is embarassing is 2 nations backstabbing a single nation , those nations having their GA´s and UU´s, and still these nations being scared to death from attacking a Single City!!!!
Come and get us you cowards!!!!!! We at Pamplona bravely await!!! HAHAHA!!!
Old September 2, 2003, 18:52   #311
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Nuclear Winter. for SPIN.

Thank you very much.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 3, 2003, 09:27   #312
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun

That is true, we don't have showers, we rather bath. You see, that is civilization. The bathhouse in Pamplona is excellent, with a sauna and baths with water of several temperatures. Unfortunately you destroyed the one in Valencia, it was ancient, with beautiful marble sculptures. Ah, you don't know anything of civilization or culture.

soldier Aidun Cian
Historical Note

If you really are roleplaying Spain that is inaccurate. Taking a bath in Spain was a death sentence. After the Moors lost power those remaining were forced to convert to Catholicism. If you took a bath (a sin for Christians, but a common practice for Infidels) it meant you hadn't truly converted and were executed as a heretic.

/Historical Note

Since you admit to taking a bath that means you are not Christian and are in fact an Infidel. Perhaps Togas should behead you now.......................

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 3, 2003 at 12:41.
Old September 4, 2003, 06:12   #313
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Historical Note

If you really are roleplaying Spain that is inaccurate. Taking a bath in Spain was a death sentence. After the Moors lost power those remaining were forced to convert to Catholicism. If you took a bath (a sin for Christians, but a common practice for Infidels) it meant you hadn't truly converted and were executed as a heretic.

/Historical Note

Since you admit to taking a bath that means you are not Christian and are in fact an Infidel. Perhaps Togas should behead you now.......................
I am Aidun Cian, former Duke of Zaragoza and nephew of Pope Aidun I. My knowledge of the Bible is not the least. I have studied for several years at the monasterial schools of Pamplona. I go twice a week to the church and I pray a lot. You are not going to tell me that I am not a good christian. What do you know of it, have you been converted?
Bathing is not a sin for a christian. It has never been and will never be, those who think it is should be hanged by the Inquisition. I'll write Pope Calixtus I to make sure there is not one left of the people that have such heretical thoughts.
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old September 4, 2003, 07:15   #314
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun

I am Aidun Cian, former Duke of Zaragoza and nephew of Pope Aidun I. My knowledge of the Bible is not the least. I have studied for several years at the monasterial schools of Pamplona. I go twice a week to the church and I pray a lot. You are not going to tell me that I am not a good christian. What do you know of it, have you been converted?
Bathing is not a sin for a christian. It has never been and will never be, those who think it is should be hanged by the Inquisition. I'll write Pope Calixtus I to make sure there is not one left of the people that have such heretical thoughts.
Then your not being historical in your Roleplaying, Infidel. You should be burned at the stake for pretending to be a Christian!
Old September 4, 2003, 12:51   #315
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:45
Hmm, maybe the fact that we have this large jungle on our northern frontier, and all this ´´Warm climate´´ thing caused our people to make those ´´bathing houses´´. Not that we love it the most passionately, but in the warm days of summer, at least in the north, from where I came, we take the baths. We also take sea baths many times, but for health recovering purposes, at the coast of Portugal.
Old September 5, 2003, 10:28   #316
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I suppose this is as good a place as any to post this.

What very well could be the motto of thise game:

"No fact is right or true only it is the persons interpretation of what they think they see or hear." - Clyde Lewis

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 7, 2003, 14:45   #317
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:45
First off, I've waited a while to read this thread, as my time has been very pressing to try to keep up with so many things...

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
My take on Spite and Malice:
[snip]
It is quiet the contrary. .... I even have tremendous respect for my old nemisis, ET from the original SPDG. Him and I had banged heads constantly in that game. But the one thing I grew to understand, is that he knows the mechanics of the game as well as the coders of the game do. All the disagreements were game related and are behind me. I have even had a private conversation with a high ranking RP member telling him that I hold no true "Spite" or "Malice" towards him or any RP member
Thank you Donegeal.

As you might be aware (although some others won't be), Even after all of the attacks in the old SPDG, I had still wanted to have you work with me (as past of my team) and not against me. Having to explain things to you about some of the things that I was doing in that game, helped me to gather my arguments and make better presentations to the whole of the DG. And there were times that I found that you were right and I was wrong and that was one of the main reasons that I had continually asked you to work with me, even after some of the things that you had said there. I have NEVER felt that you were an enemy to me or the opposite.

And I still had a lot of things to learn, even now, I am still learning things about this game.

Thank you again.

E_T
Old September 7, 2003, 15:11   #318
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
The problem is that most GS members try to validate every action they take as the high moral ground.
Morality is in the eye of the beholder. One persons morals are another's degredations. You can't expect everyone to agree with your points of veiws, because sometimes they just can't see it from that perspective. The theory of Relativity extends to the realm of social interations, but it's not accepted as being such.

E_T
Old September 7, 2003, 15:49   #319
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
This old Hawk can say without any presumptions that the fact that there was a certain concentration of DIA members on RP it most certainly did play into his voting. At least as much as the Togas incident early in the game.

So, yes, I am guilty of targeting RP slightly more than other teams before the game started simply due to their members, though I would have laid that aside until the incident that happened IN this game. Beyond that I admit to deriving a little pleasure from being at war with the DIA members of RP.
I was never a Hawk nor a DIA member (or any other party). My philosophies ascribe to both and neither, but never one over the other. That's why I was able to go from DM to SMC in the old SPDG and was able to be successful in both.

E_T
Old September 7, 2003, 17:55   #320
E_T
Emperor

Re: Tsk Tsk
Quote:
Originally posted by ManicStarSeed
WOW....

I have been lost to RL for over a month and a half... After reading this thread (It took 2 days to get through it), I think I am going to stay there a bit longer. It is a shame that folks need to bicker back and forth (so viciously) over something that doesn't really matter.

What have we all learned from all this?

I have learned that Civ is a Machiavellian game and as long as folks want to play the game emotionally (that is ...allow it to affect their actual emotional state), there will be interpersonal problems to contend with and the emotions will drasticly affect diplomacy.

I have also learned that in a forum..."No matter how careful you are, what people say is different than what they mean which is different from what is heard by others"

These days I have FAR more importent things to be doing, so I regret not doing my share here, but in all reality, does any one of us really need this shite?

Remember...
Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

Mss
/me nods and applauds MSS's post

Yes, I was first shocked and amazed, when I had first started learning of people leaving teams ( not just the one) because of they way that they took the things that were being said on the public forum a bit too seriously.

It then had became a form of sadness, because I know that they will be missed, for whatever reason.

Then a form of pity, for those people aren't able to put these things aside, not let them bother then and allow themselves to move on.

Are these observations cold, somewhat. Are they true, as far as I can see, yes. What can we do about it, well, really nothing, because it's up to them to see those facts for themselves. All we can try to do is to point them out, help them to see, but in the end. it's up to them.

Yes, Life is too short and there are more important things in life to worry and fret about, but this game shouldn't be one of them... atleast not on the scale that we are seeing.

E_T
Old September 7, 2003, 18:31   #321
E_T
Emperor

And with all of that being said (and finally being caught up in this thread), I can say that this is the strangest game that I have ever been envolved in. It's been interesting, it's been fun at times and sometimes, not so fun. But it's not been entirely booring, either.

As for the flame wars, well if that didn't go on, this public forum would almost be dead. People say that they don't like the flames, don't like being called (through whatever perceived means) various bad things that they feel that they aren't. Some want (or EXPECT that it should be) this forum to be a social interaction so that they can still be freinds with the other players and are hurt when it isn't. But, if it's hurtful to them, they still comeback and subject themselves to more, until they can't take it any more and leave for good. Some of them have even left the site, from what I have come to understand, because they didn't like the way that they were treated by their "freinds".

People, this is a game. All of this flameful interaction that has happened, not only in this war, but the other wars in the past, ARE going to be a part of it. AND, some of it, is part of the war, because Phycological Warfare is STILL a form of war. And don't tell me that the smarter of the people who have been posting, in the past, haven't realized this fact (at least in your subconscious). Because it's what has been happening, to some extent. And yes, there have been casualties, maybe unintended, but nontheless casualties.

Being able to realize all of these things is what is needed to try to make this all fun again.

And before people get into another multiplayer DG, they have to realize that these things are going to happen and decide for themselves as to if they will be o.k. with those facts. If not, then it's sad to say, but then they don't belong here.

I think I've said all I have to say on this matter, now, lets kill some Riders and Ansars....

E_T
Old September 7, 2003, 23:13   #322
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

E_T
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 8, 2003, 00:50   #323
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

minus the very last sentence

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 8, 2003, 00:53   #324
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
E_T, you actually just brought up the FIRST new concept (or said it in a new way) to cause me to materially respond in this thread.

Here's the thing:

It is not just a game. This, the PTWDG, to me, is not just a game.

And no, of course, it is not RL, either.

Damn, what a conundrum!

I speak for GS (or just me), at least. We, as individual RL human beings, have chosen Civ3 as one of our main passions in life for the last 1.5+ years. We have chosen to invest our time in not only playing, but in sharing our experiences and teaching each other and others what we have learned. We like to think that we have participated in creating the best such community in that light, and there are a number of principles and mores that have been inherently part of that effort. We've also created some strong bonds, friendships, and a common language along the way.

I care about every single bit... a lost production shield, or a mis-move of a Galley, gives me a heart-ache.

Call me crazy.

I know all the teams, and the team members, do not feel the way I do...

So, is it a game?

Sure.

Is it RL?

No, but I *CARE*. Civ3 is part of MY REAL LIFE. And 'poly is part of MY REAL LIFE.

I know that the members of GS who have walked away feel the same.

So, ipso facto, for some of us 'poly and this the DGs are REAL LIFE...

Settle down, OK?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 8, 2003, 03:04   #325
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 08:45
Sure it's a part of my life. It's the entertainment I seek after a long day of work. Although there are other options. Like having a beer with friends, a nice walk over the hills or an evening with the family. As long as it's an interesting challenge with friends, I'm game. If it turns into a trolling and flaming contest, then sorry, my spare time is too precious to participate in this mess. And yes, I disagree with some of the chief trolls here. It's not "just a game, so take it". It's my free time, which can be either well spent or wasted. As long as it's well spent, I'm in. Doesn't feel so, lately.
Old September 8, 2003, 03:30   #326
E_T
Emperor

Yes, It is (and has been) a part of our lifes, otherwise we would not be here. But when people can't take a little (or in some cases, a lot) of stupid sillyness that is cloaked in trash talking and let their emotions get involed, post those emotions, which then gets someone else going and they post, etc, etc, etc.....

It's when that first person lets it get to them and not let it go as what it's really meant to be, then that's were the problem comes from, and gets passed around.

[a simplified example]
It's like getting into a school food fight, it's fun at first, until they start throwing the plates, silverware, glasses and then someone gets hurt, sometimes seriously. But that wouldn't have happened if the people who had started throwing the plates, silverware and such, had just kept to the fun part of a simple food fight and then no one would have gotten hurt.

In a way, that's what's happening here. And the thing is, that like, in a Groundhog day kind of way, the food fight will always take place. And it's up to us to have fun and laugh while we are getting plastered with todays menu, instead of feeling that the spagetti that was just dump on our heads is too much of an affront and we start slinging plates and such around (and others start to join in because they were hit with that first plate).

It's not up to the other person to make it fun for us, it's up to ourselves to keep it fun for us all.

E_T
Old September 8, 2003, 04:22   #327
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I just want to ask a question, very respectfully, no flame or sarcasm intented, to the GS members.

In my months here and from what I've heard, I've seen flames shot back and forth between every team towards practically every other (perhaps sparing Lego since they have yet to get involved fully in any conflict).

However, I seem to notice that the people who have most been offended by it and have left have been certain GS members regardless of the fact that GS hasn't been the only team victim of that sort of thing.

I'd like to think that this is because most GS members seem to behave rather professionally in this site as a whole. Most of them I rarely see outside the demo game, general or strat forums. Most of their posts are game related, and from what I've heard, handle their teams affairs very meticulously and down to almost perfection.

However, on the other hand we have another 5 teams perhaps don't act so professionally though with no less desire to win. The way I look at it, is like a grown up playing with a bunch of kids and who doesn't find all the fighting and screaming so fun.

Now, I agree totally with Theseus on how this is more than just a game to us, but I also agree with E_T's approach. This might seem contradictory, in fact, I think I've condradicted myself more than once saying similar things, but there is a bit of truth in both: on one hand, it's an activity that we dedicate a huge amount of time (dare I say most of our spare time some of us), but in the end it is but a game for one simple reason: there are many things that should for any reason end up being a necessity, we would put (not without some sacrifice) before the demo games or civ in general.

so, my question is, is GS's professional take of this game discouraging some of its members when faced with the less serious approach of others? In that case some of us have a share of the blame in all this by thinking that GS would take the non-seriousness like we do, but on the other hand GS should also understand that (most) others are taking this, no matter their desire to win, as just a game ultimately.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 8, 2003, 05:01   #328
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 08:45
You see I still bother to read your posts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
The way I look at it, is like a grown up playing with a bunch of kids and who doesn't find all the fighting and screaming so fun.
That nails it perfectly. Perhaps it's so, because some of our more active members (like Theseus, notyoueither and myself) aren't teens or twens anymore and have other standards about what's still fun and what did already cross the line. May be I'm wrong, but at least for myself it's true.

As I already said a couple of times, I left (or let's say better: reduced my level of participation) not because I'm offended or insulted or anything. I just can think of a crapload of other things much more entertaining and relaxing than to participate in trolls and name calling. Doesn't matter at all if it's meant serious or not.
Old September 8, 2003, 05:28   #329
Shiber
Emperor

Well put Sir Ralph.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 8, 2003, 08:37   #330
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
E_T, you actually just brought up the FIRST new concept (or said it in a new way) to cause me to materially respond in this thread.

Here's the thing:

It is not just a game. This, the PTWDG, to me, is not just a game.

And no, of course, it is not RL, either.

Damn, what a conundrum!

I speak for GS (or just me), at least. We, as individual RL human beings, have chosen Civ3 as one of our main passions in life for the last 1.5+ years. We have chosen to invest our time in not only playing, but in sharing our experiences and teaching each other and others what we have learned. We like to think that we have participated in creating the best such community in that light, and there are a number of principles and mores that have been inherently part of that effort. We've also created some strong bonds, friendships, and a common language along the way.

I care about every single bit... a lost production shield, or a mis-move of a Galley, gives me a heart-ache.

Call me crazy.

I know all the teams, and the team members, do not feel the way I do...

So, is it a game?

Sure.

Is it RL?

No, but I *CARE*. Civ3 is part of MY REAL LIFE. And 'poly is part of MY REAL LIFE.

I know that the members of GS who have walked away feel the same.

So, ipso facto, for some of us 'poly and this the DGs are REAL LIFE...

Settle down, OK?

Theseus,

Nice post .. however could you please define what you mean by "Game".

To me, the PTWDG Game includes everything.
Yes .. the lost shields/wrong moves/ tactics and such..

But for me, it also includes the trash threads, diplomacy, taunting, negotiating, claiming of foul deeds and counterclaims of whether spaniards take baths or not.

To me.. this is all part of the I call "The Game".

Many from GS (from what I understand) do not like this human element of the game.. the trash threads, humor, and taunts...and have since left the game.
I personally find this disappointing. Sir Ralph has the right attitude that I respect ..He doesnt like it so he limits his time reading the trash threads.
We all have our opinions.

If there are people like yourself who prefer to stick with the study of the game mechanics and squeezing every bit of efficiency from every turn, then why is it not possible to do this and not read the public forum ?
Set me and Master Zen on ignore ?
Or simply not read any thread that starts with "The Glory of Manifestos" or "Spite & Malice"

Theseus, I respect your comments and hope that I have not misinterpreted what you are trying to say.
If so .. I appoligise in advance.

For you .. it is more than a game..fair enough.
But for me..it is only a game.

Regs