Old August 24, 2003, 02:25   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 17:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Official - Hive tasks
I'm going to use this thread to post things that needs to be done.

Basically I want to get authorisation from the rest of the hive if we're going flexibility or restriction lifting.

Why is it important now? Because the drones finish their social pysch research in 2 turns. So we have 1 more round before I need to write a dipolmatic message asking if they want to leapfrog to obtain flexibility. If we don't do that then flexibility may be a far way off.
Old August 24, 2003, 02:27   #2
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

We still need someone to do the proper in game spying on the other factions.

Also what facilities should we be building in future. I figure we need to build recycling tanks, but what else and I would also like a report on why we need to build those facilities.

Few more tasks that need doing here. You don't need any approval to start doing the tasks.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...55#post2283355
Old August 24, 2003, 11:36   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 07:46
Well, I shall be studying keeping our people happy. A happy base is a big base, and a big base is a productive base.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old August 25, 2003, 02:44   #4
Kody
Emperor

The rush buying needs to be calculated. I can explain how this is done if someone wants. Basically you want to look at how to improve speed up the next build is, by using the extra minerals left over from the last build. Because it's better to rush buy minerals when crawlers are nearly finished.

Also you need to take into account the extra minerals generated by the crawler. Which is either 1 or 2 depending on the topology.
Old August 26, 2003, 10:12   #5
Kody
Emperor

We need someone to regularly check that the other factions haven't got Loyalty (needed for command nexus). Also we need to someone to regularly report on the SP production window to see if we have some sneak SP building. I've been trying to do this every turns, but sometimes I forget especially when I'm trying to figure other things out.

It only takes 1 turn to build a SP, so we can't expect to catch it in time if we're not astute.
Old August 26, 2003, 10:13   #6
Kody
Emperor

Drone spymaster wanted.

Someone should be allocated to reporting on what they can find through the infiltration window. Again this is something I try to do, but sometimes forget about. It would be good if someone worked on this and refined the techniques I've developed for figuring out what the drones are doing.
Old August 26, 2003, 10:30   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 01:46
Tell me what you want me to do. I believe you now have a good accessment on my intelligence level so give me something I can work please.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 26, 2003, 10:49   #8
Kody
Emperor

Well if you don't have much time, just check the SP's and loyalty. If you have a bit more time you can just scroll through the infiltration screens for the drones and say anything important you've noticed.
Old August 26, 2003, 10:55   #9
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Ok let me make sure I understand the task.
When I get our turn, check share tech in dip window for all factions, look for loyalty. (One can only see whether they have what we have right? Not what we don't have that they have?)
Then HQ for SP being currently built.
Where is the infiltration window for the drones?

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 26, 2003, 11:13   #10
Kody
Emperor

Right on all accounts.

Infiltration for drones is you bring up the F2-F12 windows. This will default display hive information. Near the bottom center of the screen you can see some icons. Click on the icons, and one of them will change to the F2-F12 windows of the drones.

If you're really keen you can check each faction's profile. Go to commlinks and rightclick and select profile. However, checking that is so boring that even I've mostly avoided it in favour of other more interesting tasks (it rarely changes aside from votes and we can check up on it later). Later when we actually get treaties or infiltration of people. We will be able to see the diplomatic status of every faction that we have treaties or infiltration of in that faction profile window.
Old August 26, 2003, 11:42   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Great! I'll start doing it the next turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 16, 2003, 01:50   #12
Kody
Emperor

* I'm going to leave it up to you guys to post turnchats or MSN chats.

* Polls on what kind of tech trades we would accept from the pirates need to be done.

* Someone should help write a roleplay description of the hive. And a player description of the hive. This will be used to attract new members.

* pirate party still not done

Last edited by Kody; September 16, 2003 at 02:24.
Old September 16, 2003, 08:23   #13
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 08:46
I´d like to do some boring espionage on all the other factions, but I can only start next week...

Anything else?
Old September 16, 2003, 09:40   #14
Snowflake
Princess

That reminded me I haven't done my report for this turn yet. Will do so tonight.

Grapefruit Garden