Old August 24, 2003, 20:44   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Restart: Democracy Game Nominations Term I
Apologies for the weekend away, but I am glad to see we have a map, we have a start and we even have a few people actively pestering me for a start!

The one thing that the new game needs is a Government. What follows is a bit of an explanation of what roles must be filled in the government of the glorious Apolytonian Vikings.

We need 5 separate positions filled, and it is these people who will prompt the game along. We need a President, whose job it is to actually play the game and host "turnchats", where everyone can play along with the President and have their say in what goes on. A Vice President, whose job it is to post an election nomination thread every month and to take over if the President needs a break. A Foreign Affairs Minister, who ensures all deals and relationships with other civs are known at all times, and negotiates with them for the best trading agreements. A Supreme Military Commander, who commands the nation's scouts, soldiers, navies and air forces. Finally a Domestic Minister, whose job it is to arrange worker actions and detail what each city builds.

(Personal note here )

If you have ever wanted to join in a Democracy Game but have feared of how much time is required, or you felt you weren't the greatest strategist, or you just weren't sure what to do - this is the perfect time to start. We start with a scout, a settler and a worker, so there is very little to do in term I, and it is the perfect way to start a game.

If you are ever worried you don't know what to do, never fear - the veterans are around and will help out. And if they don't - who cares?! This game is all about the fun and testing new ideas out, not necessarily the winning.

So, if you are convinced you want to run for a position, tell us for what and who you are. If you are only half convinced, go for it! You will soon see it was the best decision to make. And if you don't think you can do it, then nominate yourself - absolutely anyone can do these jobs right now! Get in quick whilst the goings easy (you can't get easier than a new game, can you?), and I promise you will learn a HELLuva lot, make good friends with those who play civ best and just generally up your post count DRAMATICALLY. How else do you think Trip and MasterZen made it to Emperor so fast? Democracy games.

So, nominate away....

President
OctavianX

Vice President
Makahlua
GodKing

Foreign Affairs Minister
123john321

Supreme Military Commander
BigFree
Torkkeli

Domestic Minister
Nuclear Master

Chief Whiner
OPD
UberKruX (in absentia)

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; August 29, 2003 at 11:39.
Old August 25, 2003, 07:29   #2
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:47
I nominate myself for chief whinner, first priority start location's not good enough

Don't get me wrong I do have every faith in BFM and Togas to make a decent and balanced map I'd just like one of them to say that there is a chance to do well on this map on diety, perhaps there are advantages for the vikings that cannot yet be seen?

Anyway, back on topic if you've read down to this point you're commited enough to be on the government so nominate yourself for a position.
Old August 25, 2003, 09:52   #3
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 09:47
I second OPD for being the chief whinner! You've done a good job so far!

I might run for the position of SMC. (That is if you don't get anyone else to do it...)
As we currently have 1 unit available I think I can handle that. (I have even planned the first move already!)
I won't able to attend many if any turnchats though.
But I belive that good orders make up for that.

Anyone have an idea of how long the first term is going to be?

And MWIA why don't you run for the Prez?
You've done a good job before.
Old August 25, 2003, 09:54   #4
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 01:47
I'm thinking about running for Foreign Affairs Minister, since I'm a civ2 demo vet., maybe....
Old August 25, 2003, 16:41   #5
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Well, since it's earlier in the game, I'll go ahead and usurp power by running for President.
Old August 25, 2003, 18:54   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:47
Sign me up for Supreme Military Commander. I've played as the Vikes before and did pretty well.
Old August 25, 2003, 19:29   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I second BigFree as SMC and OctavianX as Pres.

I also second OPD as Chief Whiner and volunteer to assist him in that office.
Old August 25, 2003, 19:48   #8
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 03:47
you might want to get Uber Krux in that whiner position too... he did a great job of it last game
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 25, 2003, 20:07   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
you might want to get Uber Krux in that whiner position too... he did a great job of it last game
Oh no. I have perfected my whining skill to the Master level. Uber can't touch me anymore.
Old August 25, 2003, 21:00   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:47
Hmm.... I could run for Chief Heckler, but I figure there are others better suited for that position.
Old August 25, 2003, 21:43   #11
Tassadar500
Emperor

Well I could run for DM if the same thing was done for me as last time.
Old August 25, 2003, 21:47   #12
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Hmm, I don't know what was done for you last time. I know you have a Mac; do you need screenshots for each turn?
Old August 25, 2003, 21:50   #13
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'll follow and support this game as much as I can, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to run for an office.
Old August 25, 2003, 21:54   #14
Tassadar500
Emperor

What happened was just a thread and some screenshots were put in there. But I wouldnt need much except inside citys. Maybe not even that.
Old August 25, 2003, 23:06   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Well I could run for DM if the same thing was done for me as last time.
We have a Dungeon Master?!?
Old August 26, 2003, 00:21   #16
Tassadar500
Emperor

I decided I'll run. I will just keep track of everything Domestic Minister here I come!
Old August 26, 2003, 00:35   #17
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Well, since it's earlier in the game, I'll go ahead and usurp power by running for President.
I am sorry to have to bring this up, Octavian, but the President of the SP DG is given mod status on this forum. By the way the forums are set up, that means that person gets mod power to the ISDG sub forum (I do not think authorisation by Beta is required for access).

Could you either...

A: Assure us that you will not receive mod powers of this forum if you become President (let the VP have that), or...

B. Withdraw from running for this position.

I would prefer A. However, I would like the admins alerted to this before hand so that there is not for a moment even the hope of an appearance of potential for a problem. To paraphrase, it is the appearance of the potential for a problem that is worse than a real problem itself.
Old August 26, 2003, 01:54   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:47
DOH! Good point nye. OctX - if you still want to go ahead and be Prez, I can certainly mod whatever you want, or if we find a VP then we can get the spellZ to them. Or maybe, if I don't need to ever play (at most once or twice and only on weekends), then I could be VP?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 26, 2003, 01:54   #19
Tassadar500
Emperor

Easy answer to this problem. Assign the powers to the DM or VP. The top two in the chain of command.
Old August 26, 2003, 02:56   #20
Torkkeli
Warlord

Local Time: 09:47
I'll run for the Supreme Military Commander also.
Old August 26, 2003, 03:14   #21
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
C) Move the ISDG Forum so that the MOD power from this Forum does not carry over automatically.
Old August 26, 2003, 09:34   #22
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

I going to run for Foreign Affairs.
Old August 26, 2003, 09:57   #23
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
C) Move the ISDG Forum so that the MOD power from this Forum does not carry over automatically.
Is that possible without creating a new forum and moving all of the threads to it? Then you'd have to set up the permissions for that all over again too.
Old August 26, 2003, 11:05   #24
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Is that possible without creating a new forum and moving all of the threads to it? Then you'd have to set up the permissions for that all over again too.
I have no idea.
Old August 26, 2003, 15:43   #25
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Oh heck - VP. Not that they have to do anything this term. Unless some newbee wants it. In which case I will gladly withdrawl.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 26, 2003, 15:50   #26
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
A: Assure us that you will not receive mod powers of this forum if you become President (let the VP have that), or...

B. Withdraw from running for this position.
I hate to say this Oct, but you will probably be better off to either not run or not accept the Mod Powers. Even if you never misuse your powers people will acuse you of it.

Just basing this on our history.
Old August 26, 2003, 19:35   #27
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

What the heck - I have some time, I'll nominate myself for Veep (the mostly looking pretty job ^_^ V
Old August 26, 2003, 19:51   #28
Epistax
Prince

I dunno I think for the first term, the foreign affairs is the most sitting pretty job. Won't even be any map trading (until possibly the very end).
Old August 26, 2003, 19:59   #29
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
I dunno I think for the first term, the foreign affairs is the most sitting pretty job. Won't even be any map trading (until possibly the very end).
Or you kidding? We start the game in contact with the Spamish.
Old August 27, 2003, 03:52   #30
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
I dunno I think for the first term, the foreign affairs is the most sitting pretty job.
This time, you might be mistaken... :wink: