Old August 26, 2003, 14:00   #31
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well I'm inclined to think it may have been a one-time event - a challenge that Razor Brain saw as being worthy.

He referenced the Tass manoeuver in his e-mail to Tass, maybe recognizing a fellow "shoot disturber", and sent the PWs.

Unfortunately Tass used them to "see if they worked as advertised" and in doing so, of course, saw all the other factions.

So unless RB sends them to everyone - or tass does, then I don't believe that the game is jeapordized. Once everyone gets infiltration - or pacts - with everyone else then it becomes moot.

But why would anyone be such a rat in the first place - to try and ruin a game for 75 other players? Human nature is strange at the best of times, I guess.

G.
Old August 26, 2003, 14:19   #32
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 01:48
He may not have been trying to ruin the game. He probably just was curious and want to see what he can do. And when he did it, it is too big of a secret for him to hold. He wants somebody know that this is a feat that could be accomplished, but only by really intelligent people like him.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 26, 2003, 14:57   #33
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:48
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
He may not have been trying to ruin the game. He probably just was curious and want to see what he can do. And when he did it, it is too big of a secret for him to hold. He wants somebody know that this is a feat that could be accomplished, but only by really intelligent people like him.
Awwwww, thanks Honghu. But theres only one problem...

I have no idea who RazorBlade is. Obviously the email address et al was created SPECIFICALLY for this purpose and if he was truely a friend of mine he would have come out to me without any aliases.
Old August 26, 2003, 14:58   #34
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 00:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
Once everyone gets infiltration - or pacts - with everyone else then it becomes moot.
G.
Well, not quite moot, as infiltration (or pact) only confirms the existence of an army or navy (or air force) - not its location

And good point HongHu. So let's all bow down before Razor Blade's brilliance, then get on with the game

GGLIE
Old August 26, 2003, 15:14   #35
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

I have no idea who RazorBlade is. Obviously the email address et al was created SPECIFICALLY for this purpose and if he was truely a friend of mine he would have come out to me without any aliases.
He doesn't need you to know who he is. He just wanted somebody know that there is this really smart guy somewhere. You know how they catch somebody who made a intelligent crime? In books and movies at least. The person will not be able to hold his tongue 'cause he wants somebody to know his intelligence. So he writes letters to the police, leaves signatures at the crime scene, etc. If there's no public reaction like lots of news reports, he would get mad.

In this case we've already made quite a big fuss, so I suppose we could stop here. I would assume whoever he is he would not use this tool at least for now to gain any more beneficial information. To the smart guy, whoever you are, I assume you should be satisfied that we continue the normal course of this game and not turning this into an ugly battle against you. If you are really this smart, why would it take you more than honest play to beat the other teams?

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 26, 2003, 16:49   #36
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:48
Quote:
Quote:
He wants somebody know that this is a feat that could be accomplished, but only by really intelligent people like him.
Awwwww, thanks Honghu. But theres only one problem...
There I really expected you to say: "I'm not an intelligent person."
Old August 26, 2003, 17:32   #37
Snowflake
Princess

I have to defend for Comrade Tass Prime Function Maniac, for he IS really an intelligent person.

Now where did I hear this sentence before? "It's so obvious it's you that it's obviously not you."

Grapefruit Garden