Old October 22, 2003, 19:19   #151
Merepatra
BreakAway Games

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Louis XXIV
Is this true for Statue of Zeus as well?

The others were obviously screenshots from the Mesopotamian Scenario, but this one appears to be the main game.
You are correct, the Statue of Zeus screenshot was taken from the main game.
Merepatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2003, 19:26   #152
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Merepatra, whilst you are here and, as a fellow Aussie , could you possibly tell me what the current status is in regards to editor flags for buildings! In particular, will it now be possible to give Small Wonders ANY of the flags that are currently available for Great Wonders? After PtW, all flags but 'Double Happiness' and 'Counts as X in Every City' had been made available for Small Wonders-but, for the sake of a Mod I want to do, I'm hoping that these flags have been made available too! If you don't personally have the answer to the question, could you please pass it on to someone at Firaxis? Any help you can give me on this matter would be very, VERY much appreciated !!!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
The_Aussie_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2003, 15:23   #153
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:49
Updated with the new info available on Gamespot (last Civ profiles)
There are fewer holes now
Spiffor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2003, 06:56   #154
Myrddin
Warlord

The designer diary for the Fall of Rome Scenario implies that the 'enslavement' option allows a choice of unit produced depending on the unit doing the enslavement

eg a military unit attacks and wins a battle, enslaves and produces another military unit for the attacking side - some interesting possibilities

Old October 25, 2003, 08:06   #155
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Myrddin
The designer diary for the Fall of Rome Scenario implies that the 'enslavement' option allows a choice of unit produced depending on the unit doing the enslavement
A designer diary for the Fall of Rome scenario? Where?
Old October 25, 2003, 08:18   #156
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 02:49
I have a question about marshes. Can these be changed to another terrain type, like jungle to grassland? If not this is a uneless terrian. Then again, if fish is a bonus resource here, making it into grassland would seem a bit silly.
Old October 25, 2003, 11:03   #157
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Actually, I hoping that marshes can't be converted into other types; it would seem to be pointless to have another version of the jungle.
joncnunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2003, 11:15   #158
WarpStorm
King

If you get a marsh start, you'll wish you had a jungle start.
Old October 25, 2003, 13:18   #159
Spiffor

Updated again with the info on the Fall of Rome scenario. Added links to the designer diaries.
Old October 27, 2003, 04:11   #160
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

oh my oh my, i just saw the stats for the last 3 civs.

Quote:
Mayans:
Traits : Agr and Ind
UU: Javelin Thrower 2/2/1 cost 30
these seem to be gods! it's an expensive bowman (imho not a very useful unit because neither special offense not special defense), but with enslavement ability! which means early free workers if you dare to rush.
the traits are probably one of the most powerful combinations (i don't know how good industrial pays out now). i can imagine that this is a killer AI if the computer uses the javelin thrower enough!

Quote:
Portuguese:
Traits : Exp and Sea
UU: Carrack 2/2/4 cost 40
as someone stated earlier: getting ocean travel with astronomy (so 2-6 techs earlier which means 10-30 turns earlier) means domination to communications. good trading and beeing fortunate that the other continent is rich but behind in techs can be great! also the portuguese have a great advantage when picking out the best islands and unpopulated islands for conquest.

Quote:
Sumerians:
Traits : Agr and Sci
UU: Enkidu Warrior 1/2/1 cost 10
now this is basicly a very cheap spearman. great for sending off with your settlers (no need to research bronze working) and great with raging barbarians. traits: one of the strongest and one of the weakest, or differently said: one of the best ancient traits (other one expansionist) and one of the best industrial/modern traits (other one commercial).
Old October 29, 2003, 12:26   #161
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis XXIV
Is this true for Statue of Zeus as well?

The others were obviously screenshots from the Mesopotamian Scenario, but this one appears to be the main game.

EDIT: I believe Knights Templar builds a Crusader (5.3.1) every so often.
hi ,

check the link below i sig for the screenshots

have a nice day
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2003, 22:37   #162
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Hum, I'm thinking that just surviving as the Netherlands in the WW II scenerio will be even tougher than winning as the American Indians in the Age of Discovery.
Old October 30, 2003, 08:13   #163
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Hum, I'm thinking that just surviving as the Netherlands in the WW II scenerio will be even tougher than winning as the American Indians in the Age of Discovery.
hi ,

, well since the dutch where spread out over the whole world , that seems unlikely , ..... okay agreed they had not a lot of " power " but still , as a player one could maybe concentrate on survival , a couple actions here and there , ....

but in a game one does never now , if one can pull a victory with the neutral's in the CIV II WW II scen , well then seems almost anything possible , ......

have a nice day
Old October 30, 2003, 14:57   #164
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

Quote:
Actually, the Native Americans have a pretty good shot in AoD, depending on a few factors...
Fried-Psitalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2003, 17:41   #165
joncnunn
Emperor

Panag, I mean having any cities on the WW-II Pacific map at the end of that game if playing the Dutch; not their off-map possesions.

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, well since the dutch where spread out over the whole world , that seems unlikely , ..... okay agreed they had not a lot of " power " but still , as a player one could maybe concentrate on survival , a couple actions here and there , ....

but in a game one does never now , if one can pull a victory with the neutral's in the CIV II WW II scen , well then seems almost anything possible , ......

have a nice day
Old November 1, 2003, 13:46   #166
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Panag, I mean having any cities on the WW-II Pacific map at the end of that game if playing the Dutch; not their off-map possesions.
hi ,

oh , dont worry , you shall still have some , .... but in what shape they are going to be is an other Q , ......

have a nice day
Old November 6, 2003, 20:00   #167
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:49
For those of us stuck without C3C for a while yet, can someone please update this a bit? Even adding the readme would be fantastic.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2003, 23:33   #168
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 19:49
And tell us everything that's new in the editor - even some screenshots would be nice.
Old November 7, 2003, 04:01   #169
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

is it true that you can now define the exact victory rules.
eg. max. number of turns, needed victory points, percentage of population & world size for domination?
if so... arty:

and a question about enslavement: can you only enslave other civ-units or will barbarians work too? if latter: looks like the maya will have to be played with raging barbarians
Old November 7, 2003, 04:33   #170
Merepatra
BreakAway Games

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
is it true that you can now define the exact victory rules.
eg. max. number of turns, needed victory points, percentage of population & world size for domination?
if so... arty:

and a question about enslavement: can you only enslave other civ-units or will barbarians work too? if latter: looks like the maya will have to be played with raging barbarians
Looks like you can
Under Game Limits in the Player Setup screen you can now change the number of turns, the number of cities that need to be eliminated for an Elimination win, the Culture point goals for both 1 City and Civ wide Cultural wins, the Domination win terrain and population goals, the number of Victory Points required for a VP win, and the number of Victory Points that you get for a long list of things.

And yes barbs can be enslaved too
Merepatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2003, 04:54   #171
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:49
I've never played with raging barbs before (or anything close to it) but now there's a benefit to dealing with those pesky people.
G'Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2003, 05:57   #172
sabrewolf
Emperor

merepatra!

thanks for the great news... now i wonder if the other rumours i heard are true too!

my all time biggest wish of civ3 was to get rid of the hardcoded stuff. a few things (eg. bomber range) were solved with the early patches. but customizing these finishing limits is paradise for scenario creators.

a further question about these limits:
can these be different for various civs? eg. in a real world mod the americans need 20% of the area to win, but russians need 30% and a smaller european nation 15% (because of the beginning differences)?

of for mods without maps: can you say that the tiny world culture aim is 25'000 whilst on huge it's 150'000?

anyway.... GREAT WORK!!! the more i hear the more itchy i'm getting
Old November 7, 2003, 10:47   #173
Stuie
King

Local Time: 03:49
Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf a further question about these limits:
can these be different for various civs? eg. in a real world mod the americans need 20% of the area to win, but russians need 30% and a smaller european nation 15% (because of the beginning differences)?
The area/population settings are global in the editor, not Civ specific.

Quote:
of for mods without maps: can you say that the tiny world culture aim is 25'000 whilst on huge it's 150'000?
This would be possible by creating different scenarios for different size maps. You wouldn't be able to do this in a single scenario file.
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2003, 13:04   #174
sabrewolf
Emperor

gracias!
Old November 7, 2003, 15:13   #175
Alfonso
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
gracias!
Que bonito es ver a la gente hablar español...

Old November 7, 2003, 17:51   #176
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
And tell us everything that's new in the editor - even some screenshots would be nice.
hi ,

those are now posted in the screenshots thread , link below in sig , enjoy

have a nice day
Old November 8, 2003, 20:53   #177
dasaecor
Settler

Good work
tks for the info.
dasaecor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2003, 01:36   #178
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Is it possible to now edit the power of nukes with the editor?

Sell your photos
Sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2003, 19:18   #179
Kaos XIII
Warlord

Nice screeshots Panag!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alfonso
Que bonito es ver a la gente hablar español...
Es la pura verdad!
Old March 17, 2004, 20:16   #180
Quezacotl06
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

What bonus' do the seafaring and agricultural types yield?
Quezacotl06 is offline   Reply With Quote