Old August 27, 2003, 05:47   #61
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 17:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I've had about seven letters in Time magazine (Australian version). Oh, and another time, I wrote to a local newspaper for their "Youth Forum" section (this was back when I was about nineteen and a quarter) and they took my picture and printed it along with the letter.
Old August 27, 2003, 05:52   #62
Sikander
King

Local Time: 00:51
I was in a few commercials, (one of which ran embarassingly for a few years around the state) a play at the state university (which was a big part, I had the second most lines) and a training film for medical students when I was a kid. I also got on the local evening news when our class all got MIA/POW bracelets and wrote letters towards the end of the Vietnam War. I was also a guest on one of the kiddie shows very much like Krusty the Clown.

As an adult I have managed to keep an even lower profile. I was on TV twice in a month when I was in the Army in Texas, once when my unit took part in a local parade, and another time when some guys from our unit were killed in a plane crash and we had a memorial service for them. As a short guy I was in the front row, and apparantly they got a really good shot of my face as they slowly panned the formation. Military funerals and memorials are always sad for me, so I'm sure that I had the "right" expression.

Anyway, I've had more exposure than I have ever wanted, and I'm happy to remain as obscure as possible.
Old August 27, 2003, 09:40   #63
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 03:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
what are you talking about? are you ok? are you threatning me?

You know, for you to get even I should actually do something to you. So again, I ask you what is your problem?
His problem is that he is a troll and he has suckered you into spamming your own thread. Ignore him. Report him to Ming.
Old August 27, 2003, 09:48   #64
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51
Either troll, or forgot to take medication or joke. But you're supposed to put smileys in jokes, especially if you're threatning someone, to make it clear. I'm a simple man, and from where I come from, we don't make threats to other people if we don't mean it. I don't want to report to mods, I want him to take his words back, or clarify it was a joke.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old August 27, 2003, 10:41   #65
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 08:51
Funilly enough, my name is in the local paper today. Just a coincidence - it's a list of players in a local football team, and my full name is included.

My 15 minutes of TV fame actually lasted 30 seconds. It happened maybe 10 years ago. I'd given an indepth report on a new flight sim for a TV programme on computer games.

The buggers showed the first 20 seconds, and showed the rest of it speeded up for the next 10 seconds. Ah well, it got a few hundred thousand laughs so I can't really complain.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old August 27, 2003, 14:02   #66
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51

I didn't forget to take my medication. It might just not be enough. Should double the dose...
Old August 27, 2003, 14:02   #67
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51
and Feephi you're way too unknown to be elligible to make comments about other posters. shut up or leave.
Old August 27, 2003, 14:27   #68
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
3) 3) TVQ coverage of the St. Patrick's day parade of 1998...and fiddling with my friends Mike and Caspian
blimey, what did your partents say when they saw you on TV fiddling with your friends mike and caspian

i've been in the local rag a couple of times, in 'team wins shock promotion to somerset regional league' and 'football tournerment marred by violence'

also a very brief shot of me and my mates eating lunch in our school cafeteria on some BBC program.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old August 27, 2003, 20:39   #69
Pekka
Emperor

Ecthelion, damn you You evil German man. I suggest consulting doctor before doubling dosages...
Old August 27, 2003, 21:28   #70
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 02:51
Enough of the spamming/thread jack... back on topic or be restricted...
Old August 27, 2003, 21:38   #71
Pekka
Emperor

I've been in the national hockey paper too when I was.. 12? We went to Sweden and won the whole tournament that AIK held.. it was cool, it went all the way to penalty shots and we were more lucky. It was cool, back with a cruise ship, and the big restaurant went pitch black, they announced us and congratulated, and then the whole place went to nuts and gave applauds, and waitresses came with cakes that had some small fireworks in them, in the dark.. and then to hockey magazine.. that was cool. We felt like superstars.
Old August 27, 2003, 21:51   #72
Ned
King

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
I thought Ned is ~25 years old too.
Actually, I am quite surprised and impressed by the quality of discussion from some of the teenagers on this board!

What I have difficulty with is the revisionist view of history that many here seem to have grown up with that conflict with my own recollection of events. I think I have mentioned this before, but I still remember the day my daughter came home from grade school and informed me that Nixon was our worst president in history because he got us into the Vietnam War and that Kennedy was out best president! Wow, is all I can say. The people who teach history to our kids here in California either themselves are complete ignoramuses or are aggressively mendacious.
Old August 27, 2003, 21:53   #73
Tuberski

Local Time: 02:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Actually, I am quite surprised and impressed by the quality of discussion from some of the teenagers on this board!

What I have difficulty with is the revisionist view of history that many here seem to have grown up with that conflict with my own recollection of events. I think I have mentioned this before, but I still remember the day my daughter came home from grade school and informed me that Nixon was our worst president in history because he got us into the Vietnam War and that Kennedy was out best president! Wow, is all I can say. The people who teach history to our kids here in California either themselves are complete ignoramuses or are aggressively mendacious.
My mother and father both think that, except for the whole Watergate scandal, Nixon did a good job. But, I was always taught that he was a bad president as well.

And no, my parents are more liberal than anything.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old August 27, 2003, 22:15   #74
Ned
King

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I actually like a lot of what Kennedy did except for the way he handled the cold war. He got run over by Kruschev and then screwed up Vietnam even before Johnson did his thing. I can't remember anything that Nixon did that I liked except for getting us out of Vietnam. I particular thought his wage-price controls caused the inflation we suffered for the next twenty-five years.