Old August 26, 2003, 09:34   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Analysis of drone's game.
I've been thinking about how the drones are laying out their bases. They say they are short on space however their base placement seems very spread out. So I went looking....

http://www.civgaming.net/forums/show...=&postid=18417
Buster said.
Quote:
I also personally just put up as many cities as land masses and strategic considerations allow.
I think what they are doing is putting enough space between their bases that they can backfill them.

Thinking on this I realised they don't need to build sensors immediately as the sensors should overlap to the old bases. This saves them significant terraforming time. (although I would still like to stick with the sensor policy)

Also they will be able to build their later cities faster. This is because, all of their cities can build a colony pod and the bases can be planted nearby. This means there isn't a large traveling time in their later waves of expansion for colony pods to get to the new base sites.

What do people think, about this analysis?

If people agree with me that this is what the drones are thinking. I suggest that we try and predict where the drones intend to backfill their bases. This may provide us with some valuable ideas on optimal base placement.