Old August 26, 2003, 10:47   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I need a volunteer from RP.
Who wants to become another character in Trappings?

Contact me via PM for details.

I need a name for your character, and a name for your son.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2003, 16:32   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I suppose you all hate me too much now, huh?

Anyway, this is not intended to be a vile and treacherous character such as MrWIA agreed to, more of a backstory really.

If there are no takers by tomorrow, I will rewrite/make up someone.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2003, 16:47   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:52
Oh heck. You can use me.

You can even use the headless ghost from the inquisition past if you want to. My family is the Major Domo for the Togas clan. Our primary duties are keeping the chamber pot clean at all times.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 26, 2003, 23:27   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Thanks for the sentiment GK,

But it appears that RP sees me as the epitome of evil. That's fine, I can play that role too. I no longer need a name, I'll rewrite it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 28, 2003, 04:53   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:52
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

But it appears that RP sees me as the epitome of evil.
Wha?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 28, 2003, 05:07   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:52
UnOrthOdOx, if you need any volunteers from GS just let me know.

P.S. I had the same first impression as MrWIA.
If you keep pretending that RP really sees you as some spawn of hell, you'll only make yourself look ridiculous. Unless, of course, you role-play it; then you'll get a big from me and a number of other people.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 28, 2003, 08:54   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

It was more a comment how no one wanted to volunteer. Either out of fear I would make them villainous as I did WIA, or that they just plain didn't want to help Trappings because I am, admittedly, the enemy.

That and a comment to those who felt the need to PM me to go to hell over it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 28, 2003, 10:00   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:52
That's harsh.
Anyone who did that deserves a big fat .
I can understand your anger now, though IMHO you shouldn't direct it at RP as a whole. Individual acts are just what they are - individual acts.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old August 28, 2003, 10:07   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

It all worked out. WB PM'd me and I used the original version. I was seriously going to RP the spawn of satan there for a moment though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 8, 2003, 11:24   #10
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

If you want to , you can also use my family name in your work. We are the Eta Tamali Family, specializing mostly in Wondering Entertainment (i.e. Gypsies, but please don't call us that to our faces...).

I currently don't have a character in RP as the others have died off. The first Eta Tamali was Iwana Eta Tamali and his son, Letus Eta Tamali. We lost Iwana Eta Tamali in the Great Storm (when poly first crashed) and Letus died of old age shortly after the game crashed.

Not only has the family been Wondering entertainers, but Iwana was formerly Govenor of Saragossa and he and his son were instramental with the palace move from Madrid to Pamalona. Letus was Govenor of Valencia at the time of his death.

The main family is large and has mostly been wondering from here and there over the last several years. Some of them might not even be aware of the current war, being so far away and lacking timely news.

You are welcome to create new character, as long as you keep the naming theme. And if he survives your work, then I'll take him over in the RP forum....

Hope that will help give you something to work from.

E_T
Old September 8, 2003, 20:39   #11
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:52
If you want help, PM me and I can send you excerpts from the great history of the Winterius Clan, since the humble beginings of Theodoricus WInterius as a carthagian trader, to the part where Ancestralius Winterius Kills Theodoricus and steals the leadership of the family to himself, moving in to Spain, when his grandson took place as the first of the WInterius.
You can always use the Winterius too.
Old September 9, 2003, 12:55   #12
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

/me is starting to think that the RP forum has more posts than the Off-Topic....

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 9, 2003, 13:00   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Of course we do. That is what this team is all about.

That, and of course, the total and systematic destruction of all GoW.

Have a nice day.

--Con
Old September 9, 2003, 17:07   #14
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

MZ, you weren't here when MarkG had posted the number of threads/posts in each private forum, but RP was 2nd (to GS, IIRC). Which also caused a bit (at the time) fun trashtalking in that same thread.

E_T
Old September 9, 2003, 17:41   #15
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I'm sure GoW would be last...

Warmongers eat babies, not needless chit-chat

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 9, 2003, 17:59   #16
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 02:52
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
MZ, you weren't here when MarkG had posted the number of threads/posts in each private forum, but RP was 2nd (to GS, IIRC). Which also caused a bit (at the time) fun trashtalking in that same thread.

E_T
Would love to see an update on that.
Old September 9, 2003, 19:41   #17
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Who eats needless chit-chat?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 9, 2003, 22:47   #18
Master Zen
Deity

EXCERPT FROM EACH FORUM

Vox

Thread: Rembember the times

[Beta] Oh and remember when we landed on Bob? Perhaps we should have sent our Immortals there in force
[HarryH] Yeah, we should have done it, well, maybe if we had attacked 5 turns earlier...
[Jon Miller] So, if this ends up in a UN vote, who's going to set up the Pay Pal account for the bribes?

Gathering Storm

Thread: 230 AD Turnthread WF moves

[nbarclay] No, if you move the WF to 14 then we'll only get 8 SPT five turns from now
[Aeson] Yes, but I though we were prioritizing food, Arashi will waste a turn since the courthouse is finishing in 4
[Arrian] Screw the temple, we need another catapult! In AU 206 I used my non-barrack cities to produce only cats before attacking the Greeks.
[nbarclay]another Cat? The courthouse will bring it back to 10 SPT, then we can move WF from 4 to 9 and start cranking pikes.
[Theseus] Only if we make mixed-unit armies!
[Aeson] Btw, Hurricane will be making 6 SPT in 20 turns.
[notyoueither] 20 turns? I told you to run a sim 100 turns ahead!

Roleplay

Thread: Second Inquisition Proceedings

[GodKing] Señor Justinio Togas has ordered the immediate beheading of those which oppose the wedding of his royal daughter!
[NuclearWinter] Hark! Tis my noble duty to inform that the Winterius clan has offered our daughter for the hand of a valiant warrior! The dowry is $500,000 pesetas!
[E_T] Eta Tamali refuses to pay such exhorbitant amount! I hereby accuse the Winterius clan of heresy! Let them burn!
[WhiteBandit] Umm, are we still at war?

GoW

Thread: Who shall we backstab next?

[Aggie] So? Who shall it be?
[MasterZen] Hmm... perhaps we can tell RP to backstab GS, then we can finish them off
[Panzer32] What about Lego? It's time they fought someone...
[UnOrthOdOx] ND... they'll never expect it!
[GhengisFarb] Maybe we can Photoshop some pics of an invasion of Lego
[MasterZen] Cool, I'll "accidentally" send a forwarded ND-GoW military plan mail to Roleplay
[Hot_Enamel] Great, I'll raise some hell in the public forum

Neu Demogyptica

Thread: Roleplay ist kaput!

[Darekill] Zwei weitere Städte und sie werden beendet!
[Zayxus] Wir haben 10 Ansars, ließen uns töten sie jetzt!
[Borc] GoW erklärte uns, daß zu 5 Umdrehungen... verzögert
[Darekill] 5!? Nein! Jetzt!!!

Last edited by Master Zen; September 9, 2003 at 22:52.
Old September 9, 2003, 22:52   #19
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 00:52
You forgot...

Lux Invicta

Thread: Anyone out there?

[Trip] Hey is anyone still around?
silence
Old September 9, 2003, 23:11   #20
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
Gawd, Vox's except is nice and sweet compared to the other teams that Master Zen has portrayed....and Lego's except is curiously missing....
Old September 9, 2003, 23:26   #21
Master Zen
Deity

Lego

Thread: Next wonder build

[ZargonX] We need happiness for our growing empire!
[vondrack] JS Bach's
[Sharpe] Sistine
[vondrack] JS Bach's!
[Sharpe] Sistine!
[vondrack] JS BACH'S!!!
[Sharpe] SISTINE!!!
[Tiberius] Calm down and have a beer!

Old September 10, 2003, 02:45   #22
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52

Hilarious, MZ!
Old September 10, 2003, 12:28   #23
GodKing
Emperor

Excelent!!!!

--Con
Old September 10, 2003, 12:56   #24
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
[ZargonX] We need happiness for our growing empire!
I sound like one of the Civ II advisors
Old September 10, 2003, 13:42   #25
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:52
I really miss those advisors. A shame we can't make our own.
Aggie
Old September 10, 2003, 14:09   #26
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:52
Why did MZ not portrayed History Guy in his Roleplay thread? Is he lazy of typing a 15+ pages worth thread?
as for Vox, you forgot:
[Beta]There was No intention of landing on BoB!!! That was a ruse, a lie, not a failed attack!!!! Vox Controlli Has NEVER lost a battle! Had we landed we´d have lost, but we haven´t, ´cause there was NO landing! No landing took place!!! This villain MasterZen speaks worse chinese than me!!! What shall come now, someone is coming forward to say we lost the war against GS?
Old September 10, 2003, 17:20   #27
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Aggie
Yeah, I really wish they were back so I could try to make my own Advisor Clips!

"Sire, the people or so happy! They are all energetic and bouncy! >bounce< >bounce< Bouncy! >bounce< >bounce< "
Old September 10, 2003, 17:26   #28
GodKing
Emperor

I can just imagine what your advisors would look like........

nice.........

--Con
Old September 10, 2003, 19:45   #29
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

MZ.

NW - you don't really think I would say that, do you.
Old September 11, 2003, 09:48   #30
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 08:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Aggie
I disagree!