Old September 4, 2003, 21:47   #91
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
(the world according to Sheep, plus additional info garnered from posts)

12/27/86- destruction of major Soviet refinery and oil fields.

3/29/87- War begins with Soviet invasion of West Germany.

3/30/87-Soviets capture Iceland.

4/2/87- (Game begins) Soviet Invasion of Alaska.

4/3/87- Soviet bombing of American Gulf of Mexico oil fields. Soviet bombing of Guam and Hawaii. Soviets capture governor of Alaska and annex it. All Arab states pledge loyalty to USSR as KGB had taken them over. Arab states invade Israel.

4/4/87-Soviets have damaged 25 of American Pacific Fleet and captured 10 thousand American sailors. Warsaw pact launches invasions into Northwest Germany, Denmark, and Southern Germany.

4/6/87- Israel falls to Arabs.

4/7/87- With help from Iraq, USSR invades Iran and Iran surrenders. Oil begins flowing into USSR immediately and easily. Soviet Army continues push through Europe. Pro-Soviet movememnts in the west have started to rise up against their "oppressors". Fighting continues in Alaska.

4/8/87- USSR invades and conquers Greenland. Soviet Navy blockaded Europe. In Europe the Democratic Republic of Denmark is proclaimed and immediatley joins the Warsaw Pact. The Soviet Army crosses the Elbe after using chemical warfare. Soviets stop counterattack on Czechoslovak border. Bombing of Western Europe prevents adequate production from occuring. Red Navy captures North Sea oil platforms.

Note that I believe much of the above is acceptable, but a serious evaluation needs to be made as to what is outside the spirit of this NES.
Old September 4, 2003, 22:33   #92
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:55
Is this the current map then? I can easily update it if anything is wrong.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	amap.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	52595  
Old September 4, 2003, 23:21   #93
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 17:55
Only about half of Alaska is in Red hands. Austria was overrun, and Turkey is secretly allied to the USSR. Also China is its own color. Thanks Tassadar.
Old September 4, 2003, 23:33   #94
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

The Second Week of War

A hastily called up conscript army has crossed into Norway. Using weapons captured from the Iranians, the Soviet Army quickly makes short work of the Norwegians as their allegience to NATO falters.

The government soon flees as the Soviet Army captures Oslo. The remnants of the Norwegian Army a shattered force retreats to Britian.

To Finland and Sweeden

Pledge neutrality in this war and we shall gaurantee this neutrality.

Soviet forces continue their invasion of Alaska. Meeting stiff resistance. The US forces match the Soviet forces there now, however the damage is done. The US Army in Alaska will not be convoyed to Europe anymore, preventing US hegmony in Europe. A stalemate has started, as the US Navy is being driven back from the Aluteians by Red Naval and Air power in the Pacific.

The emergence of a Third Soviet Army in Europe is troublesome for NATO. Using the rail network, the Soviet Army in Iran has quickly redepolyed within four days. It has now crossed into Greece and is readying itself with the Greek forces to cross the Adriatic into Italy. Iraqi forces now assume control over Iran as Soviet conscipts take control over the Oil facilities.

The Soviet invasion of Germany reaches the Rhine as Soviet forces overrun the defences of Hamburg. However the port ity is reduced to rubble from the intense bombardment and much of the populae is fled or killed from the chemcial agents used there.

In Vienna the Democratic Republic of Austria was proclaimed.
Old September 4, 2003, 23:37   #95
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Most current map that I know of. I should note that countries in dark < color > are secret allies of the aformentioned colour.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	amap.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	52602  
Old September 4, 2003, 23:45   #96
Nubclear

To the Soviet Union: Greece has agreed to no such thing!!! *Secret* Though we'll do it anyway. Give us some of your uniforms though, so we can pretend it was you and not us. */Secret*
Old September 4, 2003, 23:53   #97
Sheep
King

Greece (secret) Uniforms on their way.
Old September 5, 2003, 00:23   #98
Nubclear

The Hellenic Republic STRONGLY CONDEMNS the USSR for its illegal invasion of too many nations to mention.

To USSR: *SECRET* Thanks.
Old September 5, 2003, 00:38   #99
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 23:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I thought I could do this NES with out moding, but I am going to have to mod the battles. Of course I will give up my postion as the United States and let foolish_icarus take over USA. Please Comrade Tassadar dont take over the US and say its now a communist state and abandon NATO to the Soviet Union.

Sorry but this is just getting out of hand.
Old September 5, 2003, 00:40   #100
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Sheep why would you take Austria when they got nothing to do with the war?? Also I will be making an offical update for this NES, at least by tommorow.
Old September 5, 2003, 01:06   #101
Tassadar500
Emperor

I just wanted to say something. If a position opens up I would be interested in playing. But if I do get to play bear with me. This is my first time.
Old September 5, 2003, 01:23   #102
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
Please Comrade Tassadar dont take over the US and say its now a communist state and abandon NATO to the Soviet Union.
One small question: Where did this come from?!

1. That was in a different NES
2. I have showed no interest in taking the US in this NES
3. I am Greece
4. I have not illegally posted actions for the US in this thread.
5. In the other NES, I didn't abandon NATO to the Soviet Union

You may be referring to me taking over Greece and abandoning NATO to join the Soviet Union? However, that is GREECE. Greece (aka the Hellenic Republic) and the United States (aka the United States of America) are two very different countries in too many ways to mention.

I'm used to attacks such as this, however usually they have the slightest basis in reality first
Old September 5, 2003, 01:32   #103
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

One small question: Where did this come from?!

1. That was in a different NES
2. I have showed no interest in taking the US in this NES
3. I am Greece
4. I have not illegally posted actions for the US in this thread.
5. In the other NES, I didn't abandon NATO to the Soviet Union

You may be referring to me taking over Greece and abandoning NATO to join the Soviet Union? However, that is GREECE. Greece (aka the Hellenic Republic) and the United States (aka the United States of America) are two very different countries in too many ways to mention.

I'm used to attacks such as this, however usually they have the slightest basis in reality first
I did not mean it as attack, I am just worried that since the United States is now open you would do what you did in the other NES, and it would mess this one up because of the way its set up. I never thought you did anything that was unreal in any NES.
Old September 5, 2003, 01:40   #104
Nubclear

You just said you were giving foolish_icarus the United States. So I cannot join
Old September 5, 2003, 01:41   #105
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
You just said you were giving foolish_icarus the United States. So I cannot join
Well i forgot to say someone else can take it, but he is taking over for me while we wait for someone else to get US.
Old September 6, 2003, 02:13   #106
Jack_www
King

I am almost done with the update, but I dont have the energy to post it now. I am too tired and will be going to bed soon, so I will post it around the time I get up, sorry.
Old September 6, 2003, 02:15   #107
Sheep
King

Who cares the update will be biased towards the US anyways
Old September 6, 2003, 03:11   #108
Nubclear

Greece wishes to propose a resolution to the current standoff.

GOD Becomes President of the United States
The President of the United States becomes GOD
The Comrade in the Soviet Union, well, stays Comrade
Old September 6, 2003, 19:51   #109
Jack_www
King

Update Week One
Alaska

The Pacfic fleet depsite losing one of its carriers(the flight deck of one was destroyed and forced back to port) and the loss of 12 ships and 6,000 sailers dead or wounded, US naval force having advantage in carriers has closed the seas around Alaska. Also no side has been able to take controll of the skies over Alaska. Thus Soviet Troops in Alaska are running low on amo and fuel and are in dire need of resuply. If something is not done soon the commander has said to the millitary command that he will be forced to surrender to US forces.

Middle East

Given such sort notice, the lack of planing, and the fact that most KGB agents lack training in such matters the revolts in the Middle East have failed. THis has only served to anger the Middle East and has united them as one against the Soviet Union. Several religious leaders have called for a jihad against the Soviet Union and all the countries have stated to the United States and NATO that they can station troops in the Middle East and use their bases in an attack against the Soviet Union.

Cuba
The government has stated that it will remain nuetral in the war and will not allow Soviet Union to use the island nation for any attacks on the United States. Castro is fearfull of what the US response would be if the Soviet Union use Cuba as a base for oppoerations against the US.

Northern Atlantic

With the loss of Iceland convoys are now exposed to both air and sea attacks. The NATO alliance is tryint to close the gap in the sonar net by rushing as many subs at they can to fill in the gap. Soviet subs have sunk 30 ships not in convoys, and sunk ten convoy ships and damage 10 others. In return the Soviet navy lost 10 subs, but has greatly hurt the current resuply of NATO.

Europe

With the destruction of the briges on the Elbe river this has greatly slowed the Soviet and Warsaw adavance. Currently Soviet crews are putting up replacement briges even under constant air attacks, and they are almost done. Thus NATO and Soviet forces are evenly matched at the moment , but NATO has lost some ground to the Soviet army and the Soviets are close to capturing Hannover. In Denmark, then entire Denmark airforce has been wiped out and the Soviets have landed troops by sea on to that nation. It looks like the Soviets will soon capture all of Denmark, but the people of Denmark are doing what they can to stop Soviet Forces.

NATO though still has the advantage in the sky and is the main reason why the Soviet advance has not been as great as planed.

Greenland
The Soviet army was unable to carry out the Soviet leaderships orders to invade Greenland and thus did not carry out the orders. That Close to the the United States, the US has controll over both the sea and air and would have made such an attempt pure suicide.

OOC:
To Sheep:
You cant invade the entire world. No one can do what you posted not even the United States. If you counitnue to do this kind of stuff, Russia will also see defeat after defeat. If you dont like it I am sure I can find someone else to be the Soviet Union.

Last edited by Jack_www; September 6, 2003 at 20:18.
Old September 6, 2003, 19:52   #110
Jack_www
King

Map to come soon in this post.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:47   #111
Sheep
King

Find someone else to lay the Soviet Union. Mainly because the United States has won nearly everything in that post, and it has even less men and less weapons. Like before you prove yourself unable to mod an unbiased nes.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:56   #112
Nubclear

Coup in Athens!!!!

Tassadar murdered. Uh oh! Greece falls into anarchy as government collapses.
Old September 7, 2003, 09:51   #113
Specialist290
Never Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 02:55
Again, I'll be willing to take the USSR and leave Japan to someone else, but if I can't I'll just let someone else take the USSR and be stuck with nothing big to do on some islands off the coast of Korea.
Old September 7, 2003, 10:58   #114
foolish_icarus
King

take the USSR
Old September 7, 2003, 11:29   #115
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Specialist290
Again, I'll be willing to take the USSR and leave Japan to someone else, but if I can't I'll just let someone else take the USSR and be stuck with nothing big to do on some islands off the coast of Korea.
Please then take the USSR.
Old September 7, 2003, 11:30   #116
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheep
Find someone else to lay the Soviet Union. Mainly because the United States has won nearly everything in that post, and it has even less men and less weapons. Like before you prove yourself unable to mod an unbiased nes.
Sheep I just got to laugh at this. You claim to be so smart but have no idea how millitary or intelligence organizations work in the real world.
Old September 7, 2003, 13:38   #117
Specialist290
Never Ending Stories
Warlord

Flew in from Miami on BOAC...
ORDERS FOR THE USSR (which I am taking over):

-Withdraw troops from Alaska via over-the-Pole airlifts and redeploy them to Europe.
-Continue the anti-convoy operations in the Atlantic. Use satellites to coordinate both air and sea attacks.
-Cancel the invasion of Greenland. Instead, use these troops to guard Iceland.
-Take a defensive stance in Europe until reinforcements can arrive.
-Remind the Arab world that Israel also supports the Americans and that they hate the Israelis.
-Use "killer satellites" to blow the US KH-11's out of space.
-Using bases in Iceland and midair refueling capabilities, stage a raid on mainland Canada.
Old September 7, 2003, 16:14   #118
foolish_icarus
King

Nuclear Master, would you be willing to take control of the U.S.?

Air and artillery barrage is making Warsaw crossings of the Elbe very difficult, but enough are getting through to create problems for the Northern flank of NATO forces fighting outside of Bremen. Despite this, the push from the south is also keeping Warsaw troops fighting on multiple flanks, leading to many casualties on both sides and preventing anyone from gaining a clear advantage.

In Denmark the last of the NATO troops have fallen back to the islands and the fortified northern tip.

The strengthening of Red positions around Iceland has thwarted a combined attempt from U.S. and NATO seapower to regain control of the area, however incursions from the North Sea and mid-atlantic have thwarted Soviet attempts to enforce a total blockade, though they have enough control to strangle the needed supplies through the North Atlantic.

Ships from the Mediterranean have dispelled the meager Soviet presence from the coast of Spain, at least temporarily opening up a route for shipping, though it is precarious and there are organizational problems getting the supplies from the Mediterranean ports to where they are needed.

Close support aircraft are on the lookout and more antiarcraft vehicles are being brought up to attempt to lessen the impact of low flying Soviet and Warsaw vehicles.
Old September 7, 2003, 16:34   #119
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 01:55
I would like to change to the USA...and let SPecialist takover Warsaw forces or Nuclear Master...
Old September 7, 2003, 16:59   #120
Specialist290
Never Ending Stories
Warlord

USSR ORDERS

-Keep blowing the NATO convoys out of the water. Change up the schedule erractically.
-Launch a major offensive toward Hannover and Bremen as soon as the troops are in place on the other side of the Elbe.
-Begin the construction of hardened bunkers on Iceland.