Old August 29, 2003, 13:18   #31
blockhead
Settler

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
2 games a DAY ??!! What are these, small map arenafests ?? They must be on small maps or tiny maps
you end lot of MP games early or do not finish them because they are decided.. (this only shows you do not play MP)

Quote:
Tell you what . . . If you are the best player, we could probably line up a few folks to show you what good play means. Perhaps a comparison SP game where you can use your no crawler strat or a PBEM . . I wonder if one of our stronger players could be bothered to demonstrate the fallacies of your no-crawler strategy.
when ppl here do not play normal MP, it's laughable
MP is something different than SP and how would you compare?? you can compare only by playing in 1 MP game

Quote:
The best player I have ever played is a guy named " buster" over at CGN. As far as I am concerned, until you show something against some established players, you are just talk.

A lousy player is still a lousy player no matter how many games you win if you only play other lousy players. For you to proclaim your superiority without testing yourself in this playing community is just plain arrogant.
when you did not play online, this quote is nonsense, because you do not know anything about it, the only player from apolyton who plays MP is chaos theory (but very rarely), so i guess ppl here really do not know what MP really is

btw how can i show something when you do not play online???????

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 13:29   #32
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:56
Quote:
Originally posted by blockhead

you end lot of MP games early or do not finish them because they are decided.. (this only shows you do not play MP)
No this shows I play competent opposition that cannot be crushed by simplistic tactics and that I play in games where people have the sense to team up against a clear leader
Old August 29, 2003, 13:34   #33
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:

btw how can i show something when you do not play online???????

blockhead
The game is the game whether online or PBEM . Why do you seem to fear PBEM so ?? I can't play online since I have a job and a young son. Why can't you PBEM ? It is the purest form of the game.

I would have figured that the BEST PLAYER would be the best regardless of the form of MP.
Old August 29, 2003, 13:40   #34
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 07:56
How is playing "MP" as you so charmingly call it, any different from playing PBEM (which strangely is also MP, at least in my experience) Its the same game, just takes a bit longer.

Anyway, there's a number of people who play IP (as I assume you mean) games. I do for a start, Lazerus, Dreifels, actually most of us do sometimes however, as the posters on 'poly are from all over the world, its pretty hard to get people together for an IP game. That's why we prefer PBEM on the whole.

And NO NO NO we're not talking about SP (single player) - most of us are regularly playing against HUMAN opponents in PBEM games. And very probably the greenest newbie among us could easily beat your no crawlers strategies.

Come on, if you are the BEST play against some 'poly posters. But prepare to be humilated

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old August 29, 2003, 13:43   #35
Flubber
Deity

Oh and I did play a few games through ip connection a couple of years back but found the opposition lacking in skills. I don't know if that was representative of the group or if the good players weren't volunteering to play me because I was a relative unknown. Perhaps you should provide a link to your gaming community or playing group for the benefit of anyone here that wants to try your form of the game.

WE also played some IP in a game before switching to a PBEM. I enjoyed the ability to get 40 years done in 2 hours but in a 4 player game, turns quickly became too long to enjoy if playing online style.

Just curious, if this community of PBEMers are not playing real MP, why do you bother to come here ?
Old August 29, 2003, 13:46   #36
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Otherwise we can't find out who the BEST is, silly

-Jam
Old August 29, 2003, 13:50   #37
blockhead
Settler

are you really stupid or what?
pbem takes ages to play and that's something i cant do
and you were not even able to name players who really play(ed) often online, so that means you never played that

btw if you have time to play pbem, you should have time to play 1 online game against me (let's say 1 game/month or something like that, pbem takes time some time too)

you are saying here what nonsense i am talking, but it's you who do not try to play just 1 game with me online (requesting to play 6 months to play and not be able to spend just 1 day to 'test' me is clear nonsense)

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 13:53   #38
Flubber
Deity

still waiting for that link to the online community where you are so revered
Old August 29, 2003, 13:54   #39
Jamski
Deity

Me too.

Shall we take on their best two Flubbs?

-Jam
Old August 29, 2003, 14:05   #40
blockhead
Settler

Quote:
still waiting for that link to the online community where you are so revered
there is not such thing, there are 2 large lists with icq of the people who play(ed)

you are extremly stupid, unable to play online for no reason and i hate you !

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 14:05   #41
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Blockhead: If you come on here with nothing but alot of wind and no math to back it up, of course everyone is going to realise you're utterly full of sh*t.

Your claims that PBEM isn't a valid test of skill is, if anything, even more ludicrous than the idea that you could beat a skilled player without building roads.

You think you're such hot sh*t, why don't you post a game showing how building without roads gives you better economy or superior development. If you've beaten anyone without building them, you're likely facing scrubs. Prove me wrong.
Old August 29, 2003, 14:10   #42
Flubber
Deity

Quote:

blockhead
are you 8 years old or something ??
Old August 29, 2003, 14:16   #43
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:

blockhead

Can't believe one could come to the strategy forum and see such an entertaining play.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 29, 2003, 14:21   #44
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Can't believe one could come to the strategy forum and see such an entertaining play.
stick around . . . I'm waiting for him to call me a "poopiehead" LOL

I couldn't believe that someone could assert they are even a moderately competent player without using roads OR crawlers.

Last edited by Flubber; August 29, 2003 at 14:35.
Old August 29, 2003, 14:35   #45
blockhead
Settler

all i said is true
when you do not give me chance to play with you online (because pbem would take 6 months = you would find nothing), it clearly shows how good and fair you are

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 14:43   #46
Flubber
Deity

Now you show your lack of knowledge-- A 2 player duel of say 150 years could be easily played in less than 3 months -- 2-3 turns a day EACH is common and I have several 4 player games (with the right opponents,) in which I can see the turn twice in a day even into the 2160s .

I also have games that take over a year but thats a matter of having the right opponents.

. . . and your posting is improving -- no insults this time. . .
Old August 29, 2003, 14:45   #47
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Blockhead, just for my curiosity, how long does you MP game normally last and which year would it be? You know if you were not talking about taking the entire 24 hours for 2 games you might be able to find somebody who is willing to do a online game with you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 29, 2003, 14:47   #48
blockhead
Settler

when you cant make time just for 1 game then you are an idiot (when you can play several times a day turns in pbem, you can surely sometimes play online)
you are just giving some stupid nonsense that you cant play online, almost it seems like you are afraid

btw i am probably going to be without inet in 1 month, so i even cant play pbem now

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 14:48   #49
Flubber
Deity

I am curious blockhead -- With no online community, is there a standard rulset that you use to deal with the various game bugs-- Please post the rules you play by-- it should only take a few seconds to paste them into a post here
Old August 29, 2003, 14:50   #50
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
when you cant make time just for 1 game then you are an idiot (when you can play several times a day turns in pbem, you can surely sometimes play online)
you are just giving some stupid nonsense that you cant play online, almost it seems like you are afraid

btw i am probably going to be without inet in 1 month, so i even cant play pbem now

blockhead
Hmm-- 2 insults that time-- they really add nothing to any points you are trying to make
Old August 29, 2003, 14:50   #51
Snowflake
Princess

blockhead, seriously, no matter how good you are, you need to learn to talk in a respectful manner, before you can go anywhere in any community.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 29, 2003, 14:55   #52
blockhead
Settler

my MP games last to less than 2250 i guess and it takes usualy 1 or 2 nights (on large map)

i do not play by any special rule set, because most players know bugs (there was some page but i forgot) (but now there's lack of players, so i started to look for some here)
the only special rule we made was to not use probe teams when pacted, and not using bugs is obvious thing

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 14:56   #53
Flubber
Deity

Quote:

blockhead
NO the difference is flexibility-- I often PBEM when home alone with my young son. I play while he sleeps. I can leave the turn to attend to him and come back hours later to finish-- IP does not give that flexibility-- and there is no way this game ever gets priority over his needs

I can also PBEM short turns early in the morning or on my lunch break at work. The early turns are less than 10 minutes each.
Old August 29, 2003, 14:57   #54
blockhead
Settler

Quote:
blockhead, seriously, no matter how good you are, you need to learn to talk in a respectful manner, before you can go anywhere in any community.
how can i respect someone who is unfair and talking nonsense? i am not disgusted only because of roads but because of early SPs thread too

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 15:05   #55
Snowflake
Princess

Believe me, there are more you need to learn before you decide somebody is unfair or something is nonsense. If you don't start to learn how to listen and talk to others, you'll soon find you are going to be left with no friends, and no rivals perhaps for that matter, and you'll be left behind by others while you are thinking that you are the best.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 29, 2003, 15:09   #56
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
my MP games last to less than 2250 i guess and it takes usualy 1 or 2 nights (on large map)

i do not play by any special rule set, because most players know bugs (there was some page but i forgot) (but now there's lack of players, so i started to look for some here)
the only special rule we made was to not use probe teams when pacted, and not using bugs is obvious thing

blockhead
SO 150 turns

lets assume the first 50 turns can be done in an hour

and the next 50 in 10 minutes per turn so thats 500 minutes or 8 hours 20 minutes

From year 100, my turns will usually take 30 minutes each as I move multiple formers, crawlers and units, check infiltration on people etc-- That would take about 25 hours

How do you play fast enough to accomplish this in 2 nights-- Do you play silmultaneous moves?

Also-- if there is no ruleset, is there agreement on issues such as the stockpile bug, reverse engineering and upgrading in the DW-- people play those different ways sometimes here and thats why I asked what you do for rules--
Old August 29, 2003, 15:10   #57
blockhead
Settler

Quote:
Believe me, there are more you need to learn before you decide somebody is unfair or something is nonsense. If you don't start to learn how to listen and talk to others, you'll soon find you are going to be left with no friends, and no rivals perhaps for that matter, and you'll be left behind by others while you are thinking that you are the best.
stupid ppl and teachers think so.., but i have wasted a lot of time in my life with stupid ppl

if you are unable to play online for no reason, let's set up pbem game, but i would not enjoy it so much
tell me if there are any special rules and how do i comunicate with human players

blockhead
Old August 29, 2003, 15:14   #58
blockhead
Settler

Quote:

SO 150 turns

lets assume the first 50 turns can be done in an hour

and the next 50 in 10 minutes per turn so thats 500 minutes or 8 hours 20 minutes

From year 100, my turns will usually take 30 minutes each as I move multiple formers, crawlers and units, check infiltration on people etc-- That would take about 25 hours

How do you play fast enough to accomplish this in 2 nights-- Do you play silmultaneous moves?

Also-- if there is no ruleset, is there agreement on issues such as the stockpile bug, reverse engineering and upgrading in the DW-- people play those different ways sometimes here and thats why I asked what you do for rules--
i forgot to tell i am the fastest player (i am not so fast now as i was, but still i can say i am fastest)
we play simul and when war we usualy reload
when it takes 30 minutes, it does mean you are especialy slow, but i dont care
tell me what ruleset you have and i will tell you, but i always play fair and do not use bugs and if i find other ppl using them, i usualy quit the game (only stupid idiots are using bugs)
Old August 29, 2003, 15:20   #59
Flubber
Deity

Quote:

stupid ppl and teachers think so.., but i have wasted a lot of time in my life with stupid ppl

if you are unable to play online for no reason, let's set up pbem game, but i would not enjoy it so much
tell me if there are any special rules and how do i comunicate with human players

blockhead
The standard ruleset "poly rules" are in several places in this forum and each individual game adopts them or modifies them as they see fit. They appear at the start of many of the threads in the MP forum

Communication is not permitted ( usually) until you meet in the game and then you do trades and talk via the commlinks but detailed negotiation is done by email.

Oh and I gave my reason-- other than work, I can hardly even call any discrete time period my own. Pbem is flexible. IP is not . . . I can't expect an opponent to wait for what could be 10 minutes or could be 4 hours. THats my reason. I really don't feel the need to give you but gave it anyway

On the fainess thing . . if someone does not want to play with you thats just tough. If thats the most unfair that life is to you, you are fortunate indeed. I do find it amusing as an employed married professional, to be repeatedly insulted by someone that must be a child.
Old August 29, 2003, 15:21   #60
Snowflake
Princess

It's ok. You'll grow up. And you will not have to deal with teachers then.

As for fastest player, I'm sure not having crawlers may save you some time, not managing each base may save you more time, and if you are defeated early by those ones who spend time to do those things, well that definitely saves time.

Grapefruit Garden