Old November 29, 2003, 10:41   #31
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 02:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
After playing this game for really long time, I have some change of heart about controls.

GC controls arent as bad as I thought it was. Especially because combination like A+K is so much easier to do. It still sucks to do B+K (damn A is on the way) and shoulder buttons suck because theyre not as sensitive as they should be when pressed with Y. And doing Y+B (B+G) while using thumb isnt practical. In addition, C stick isnt really great.

But overall better than I first started. I actually chose to use GC controllers quite often in tournies, but If I had option to use PS2 controller I'd prefer that instead.

PS2 controller is still the best IMO.
Old November 29, 2003, 11:27   #32
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 03:56
Quote:
speed of the game has been increased in general actually.
Really? The 8-way run seems a lot slower now, particularly when going backwards.

Quote:
Drake arent you in Japan now?
Yes. That's why it took so long to get a US copy of the game.

Quote:
You should hit the nearest arcades. Im sure local arcades around you has plenty of comps.
I'm not good enough to play in a tournament against insane Japanese gamers. You also don't see that many SC2 machines around, from what I've noticed.
Old November 29, 2003, 11:32   #33
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
GC controls arent as bad as I thought it was. Especially because combination like A+K is so much easier to do. It still sucks to do B+K (damn A is on the way) and shoulder buttons suck because theyre not as sensitive as they should be when pressed with Y. And doing Y+B (B+G) while using thumb isnt practical. In addition, C stick isnt really great.
I don't mind the GC controls so far. Certainly not as good as the perfect DC controls, but not unusable. They only really bad things are the B+K and B+G moves, as you said, but I think you can alleviate this with some remapping of the buttons. I use the L-trigger to guard, so I'm thinking of making the B button B+K control. Will then move B+G to the right trigger. I also don't mind using the C-Stick, so I've got those controls available as well.
Old November 29, 2003, 16:32   #34
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
I think references to console games should be outlawed on Apolyton

Asmodean
Old November 29, 2003, 17:46   #35
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

go away pc geek. go endorse your anti-social pc games somewhere else

Last edited by Zero; November 29, 2003 at 18:07.
Old November 29, 2003, 17:49   #36
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Really? The 8-way run seems a lot slower now, particularly when going backwards.
To backdash effectively do 214, or if the character has specific move for 214, use 874.

and 8way speed depends on character. If ur using astaroth i can see why ur complaining about the speed... And instead of holding directions, starting the 8way with double tap motion accelerates movement.

Quote:
I'm not good enough to play in a tournament against insane Japanese gamers. You also don't see that many SC2 machines around, from what I've noticed.
Yeah but you dont have to be good to play a casual game wit them. You'll learn alot from hanging out in the arcades.

Quote:
I don't mind the GC controls so far. Certainly not as good as the perfect DC controls, but not unusable. They only really bad things are the B+K and B+G moves, as you said, but I think you can alleviate this with some remapping of the buttons. I use the L-trigger to guard, so I'm thinking of making the B button B+K control. Will then move B+G to the right trigger. I also don't mind using the C-Stick, so I've got those controls available as well.
Mapping controls is shunned in fighting game communities.

P.S drake, who do u play?

Last edited by Zero; November 29, 2003 at 18:05.
Old November 29, 2003, 23:28   #37
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
And instead of holding directions, starting the 8way with double tap motion accelerates movement.
Already doing that, as I'm still in SC mode. Still seems slower.

Quote:
Mapping controls is shunned in fighting game communities.
I'm glad I'm not a part of a fighting game community, then.

Quote:
P.S drake, who do u play?
Mitsurugi's my main man, with a little Taki and Kilik thrown in for good measure.
Old November 30, 2003, 09:31   #38
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Mitsurugi's my main man, with a little Taki and Kilik thrown in for good measure.
learn to abuse kB2 glitch. Cuts frame time drastically compared to kB and 2k is almost guranteed on many characters afterwards.