Old August 29, 2003, 09:01   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 17:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Attempt at creating a turn simulator
I was attempting to replicate our lands cities, production etc.

The two main problems I came across before giving up was getting the rainfall patterns exactly the same (6 squares had incorrect rainfall despite all my effforts), and I found I got the map size wrong so the number of B-drones, tech rate were incorrect.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip hive, 2101.zip (29.3 KB, 1 views)
Old August 29, 2003, 09:18   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
K:

The attachment can't be downloaded - the "you are not logged in or don't have permission to access" page comes up

G.
Old August 29, 2003, 09:23   #3
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Not that problem again. Upload it?
Old August 29, 2003, 10:11   #4
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Kody/Hive2101.zip
Old August 29, 2003, 20:15   #5
Kody
Emperor

Well I probably need to find another 6 hours sometime to remake the terrain with the correct map size.

In the mean time what I've put up currently can be used to test a few builder strategies with the hive.

Just wondering Googlie, why is your large size map bigger than the default large map setting?
Old August 30, 2003, 10:08   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 07:59
He's always changing his Alpha.txt.... yes Googlie?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old August 30, 2003, 18:15   #7
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
Oh - most of us changed that years ago

To get a more even progression:

#WORLDSIZE
Tiny planet|(early conflict), 24, 48
Small planet, 32, 64
Standard planet, 40, 80
Large planet*, 48, 96
Huge planet|(late conflict), 64, 128

* versus the default 44:90, which didn't make sense

G.
Old August 30, 2003, 18:21   #8
Kody
Emperor

I figured out the map size last night, and now the rainfall patterns match.

However, you wouldn't happen to know why I can't replicate the beaucracy drones? I plant the bases in the same order.
Old August 30, 2003, 19:54   #9
Kody
Emperor

Some testing revealed that beaucracy drones are actually dependant on how many bases other factions have planted. Also it appears the hive got unlucky with beaucracy drones. Normally only 1 appeared in my test, but sometimes 2 appeared as in the case with the ACDG. I can't seem to make the drones appear in the right order though. I think it has something to do with the gobal order of base placement. So the calculations need to include other factions.

Anyway the land is perfectly replicated with the squares that I have discovered so far.

The new file is reuploaded.
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Kody/Hive2101.zip
Old August 31, 2003, 03:07   #10
Kody
Emperor

Okay I've figured out how the B-drones work.

There's a gobal list of cities. Depending on where your base is in the list the cities gets a drone.

The list works as follows.

If the first beaucracy limit is 7, (for the map googlie made it is).

Then on the 8th base, the bases 7,14,21,28,35 in the list will get drones.

When the 9th base is planted bases 6,13,20,27,34 in the list will get drones.

When the 10th base is planted bases 5,12,19,26,33 in the list will get drones.

As you see the pattern continues until we get 14 bases. Then I assume on the 15th base we get the 2nd set of beauracy drones.

So technically it's possible to build 13 bases that are free of beauracy drones. However that would require that your 13 bases are in the base order of 8,16,24,32,40,48.... etc in the gobal list of bases.
Old August 31, 2003, 05:51   #11
Kody
Emperor

Okay I've replicated the B-drones. Newer bases may not have correct B-drones as that depends on when other factions place their bases.

I have only replicated the drone's just enough to have the same amount of commerce for the hive side.

I haven't tried replicating the tech costs, as that depends heavily on what we can trade with the drones. Also the tech costs change slightly depending on what techs other factions have. I haven't quite worked out the formula for exact the tech costs. However, you can use the scenerio editor to add techs.

Also I wasn't sure which of our units have already gotten monolith upgrades. Although the morale is correct for all the units.

Base placement, mineral production, land improvements, rainfall, nutrients production, energy production, units, terrian (only so far as what we have discovered) have been replicated perfectly as far as I can tell.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Kod...ulator2132.zip