View Poll Results: Give us a Supreme Military Commander to command our military supremely!
BigFree 23 54.76%
Torkkeli 17 40.48%
The War Banana (abstain) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 29, 2003, 11:50   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Election: Supreme Military Commander
The Great Vikings of Apolyton have risen from their lands with the desire for plunder in their hearts, the urge for combat in their minds and bloodlust running within their, er, blood.

A Supreme Military Commander is needed who will direct these great forces to benefit all Berzerkers!

The Supreme Military Commander is responsible for directing troop movements, including all units except settlers and workers, and planning military maneouvres against other civilisations.

Candidates:

BigFree
Torkkeli

Let these two worthy warriors battle it out for control of our battle-scarred army!

5 Day poll.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 29, 2003, 12:04   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 00:59
I know BigFree can do the job, but part of MrWIA's post earlier was to get more people involved who haven't been as involved before so...Torkkeli.
Old August 29, 2003, 12:13   #3
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 09:59
Let the campainging begin!

A little background about me:

I've played the Civ series games since 1994, so played all of the games.
However I do not think me as a good player, never got above prince in Civ 2 and currently playing Regent level.

More detailed version to be published Monday...
Will be out this weekend, so I'll answer the questions on Monday.

As I stated in the nomination thread I probably wont be able to attend many, if any, turnchats. But I'm willing to make very detailed orders.

Then the campaing:

We need more military!
Currently we have 1 military unit, the scout. This has to change!
My proposal to the Domestic Minister is that we should recruit a warrior force from our city and station it to protect the city. After that we need more scouts to see what kind of terrain is near us.

So what to do with the scout?
General order would be that explore W and then S always when possible ending turn on higher ground.
The first move would be W,W. This move would allow us to decide where to build our capitol. If there is more bonus grasslands under the fog I think we should build our capitol on top of the bonus grassland West of our starting location.

This is Torkkeli, going on a refersing weekend in the countryside.
Old August 29, 2003, 12:50   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:59
I liked your post so I voted for you.
Old August 29, 2003, 13:36   #5
Tassadar500
Emperor

BF any reasons why you could be the best SMC?
Old August 29, 2003, 14:27   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Torkkeli - because I want BF to focus on helping to destroy those heritics from ND and GoW

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 29, 2003, 17:15   #7
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I've played Civ for too long now to recall. If I added up the hours I've spent either playing or researching the game....I'd probably be locked up.

I usually play at Emperor, though I do dabble at Deity.

I'm currently pretty busy with the ISDG (Consul) and keeping tabs on GoW/ND in the PTWDG. But I feel like I would have enough time to serve a term or two in this game. I like playing as the Vikes, just ask MZ, Togas or WB.

Playing against the AI, we will rarely see any surprises. In the begining of this game, getting to as many Goody Huts as possible will be an early goal as well as scouting out future city locations; luckily those two things usually coincide with each other.

Plans for the path of our scout is pretty simple; you make the first move to a tile that allows a second move, then you make the second move to allow yourself another first move to a tile that then again allows a second move. If possible, you end the scouts movements on terrain that allows for greatest visability while keeping him away from ending turns that may have a barb encampment in the tiles next to him.

If there's a path around the lake towards the Spanish, a nice little Archer rush should be in our plans for them soon.
Old August 29, 2003, 20:44   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:59
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Torkkeli - because I want BF to focus on helping to destroy those heritics from ND and GoW
Good enough reason to vote for BigFree. Besides now BF gets to have fun destroying the Spanish. I don't want to hog all of it in the PTWDG.
Old August 30, 2003, 03:10   #9
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Good enough reason to vote for BigFree. Besides now BF gets to have fun destroying the Spanish. I don't want to hog all of it in the PTWDG.
See, that was funny and not insulting at all. Perfectly good jab.
Old August 30, 2003, 07:35   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

See, that was funny and not insulting at all. Perfectly good jab.
Your just being nice because I voted for you.
Old August 30, 2003, 08:05   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Ah, but he already has your vote that you can't really retract, so there's no need to be nice anymore.

Old August 30, 2003, 16:06   #12
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Big Free and Ghengis are being nice to each other. The world IS coming to an end.
Old August 30, 2003, 16:13   #13
Tassadar500
Emperor

Darn pressed the vote button to quickly. Could you add one vote to Torkkeli and subtract one from BigFree?
Old August 31, 2003, 13:30   #14
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

let the new blood lead the way

have a nice day
Old August 31, 2003, 15:37   #15
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

I have voted for Torkkeli too. The newbies should support each other
Old September 1, 2003, 10:16   #16
Torkkeli
Warlord

Thanks guys.

This seems to be a close one.

Hopefully we don't have to have a recount and recounts recount.
Old September 1, 2003, 13:41   #17
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 04:59
My vote is to BigFree
Old September 2, 2003, 00:44   #18
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:59
A close race, indeed. Great candidates...
But I have to make a decision.
BigFree.
Old September 2, 2003, 02:18   #19
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

BigFree and the vikings... brings me not too fond memories

(ok, FYI he kicked my arse in a PBEM with them, oh well, I was Korea and had much crappier land, how's that for excuses!!)

so, just because of that I vote for him

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 2, 2003, 11:27   #20
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 02:59
Voting for Bigfree and Archer Rushing Spainish.
Old September 4, 2003, 07:04   #21
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

An exciting election and a good battle between two worthy Warriors! Well done BF, may your axe strike true and never dull. Torkkeli - it was a good race, and you came but a few votes from the job. I am certain you will be the one to take over from BigFree once our army has grown from a few volunteers to an organised fighting force ready to survey the land and lay waste to all those in our path.

Old September 4, 2003, 09:24   #22
Torkkeli
Warlord

Hail the new SMC!

No doubt you'll do at least as good as I would have done.
Old September 4, 2003, 17:17   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Torkkeli
Hail the new SMC!

No doubt you'll do at least as good as I would have done.
hi ,

dont forget to run next term , .......

have a nice day
Old September 5, 2003, 03:22   #24
BigFree
Deity

Yes, one term in a row is enough for me, especially with school just now starting. Thanks to all who voted for me and piss on those who didn't! Just kidding guys. Lets go kick some arse!
Old September 6, 2003, 16:31   #25
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Yes, one term in a row is enough for me, especially with school just now starting. Thanks to all who voted for me and piss on those who didn't! Just kidding guys. Lets go kick some arse!
hi ,

, you could always start to train some else so he can take over in the next term , ......

have a nice day