Old February 29, 2000, 15:17   #1
JPetroski
Prince

Local Time: 01:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Aufstieg, progress, map needs work
Well, Ive been conversing with Nemo over the past few months, and it looks like he will be the artist for Aufstieg, at least with the tanks.

Allard, if your listening out there, I tried emailing you many many times but never got a reply, so sorry but I passed the torch to Nemo.

Anyway, I have a problem with this map. I figured since Nemo is now doing the units, but since they all wont be done for quite some time, I figured that I would fine tune this map and make it ABSOLUTELY perfect. Problem is, as a few of you know, I am not very good at that. Mike Daumen has made a nice map for the scenario, but I think it might need some fine tuning.

I figure since Fast Eddie has been city-proofing the map, I will probably just redo the thing in Civ2 since just about every stinkin city is wrong... =) that's my fault. Anyway, before I do that Im going into Map editor to correct some stuff. I was wondering if anyone out there would like to proof the MAP, and tell me any changes right now. This is basically your last chance to get this map right in your opinion. I'm tired of people telling me what's wrong with my scenarios after I finish them. This time around I figure step by step I will get your criticisms at the first stage so that I can get them all worked out.

Further more, please email me at Vudak@aol.com, it is my new screen name.

Thank you,
John Petroski
Old February 29, 2000, 20:38   #2
NickC
Prince

Local Time: 05:54
Sound Update:

Battle sounds compiled at about 10, with speaches still in progress. Some sounds will be used in Operation Sea Lion and Rising Sun (Kyok.), but not all of them.
Old March 1, 2000, 03:00   #3
JPetroski
Prince

Ok,
For any of you who still care (and i dont see how you could), Fast Eddie sent me the cities, and so now I will spend this week getting them all set. After that, all that needs to be done is finishing up improvements, and then placing the special terrains such as roads on the map.

Once that is done, I will go through every city, and edit their improvements, change their sizes etc.

During this time, Nemo and Nick will probably work on sounds and art, which I will then incorporate into the scenario.

After that, I must put the units into the scenario, and make sure everything is perfect before starting the 1939 events.

It will be awhile, but believe me work is getting done. Just slowly. The pace should pick up this week.

Hopes for March:
- Get the map DONE, cities, improvements, etc.

- MAYBE, place units, although the art for them is not done yet. I'm thinking this should happen in April though.

- Then, in April or May, type up the first events, and get it tested.

So basically, the scenario should be ready late summer, early fall....

Im workin on it!

------------------
John Petroski
Vudak@aol.com
Old March 1, 2000, 12:42   #4
Coug
King

Local Time: 17:54
Erwan has a really cool unit collection. While his units are mostly from the time-span not conserned with tanks and planes, he does have a cool infantry unit. Looks kinda WWII Americanish. Let's see if I can find the address to it...

Ah, there it is:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/erwanc...html/civii.htm

There might also be some cavalries in the Cavalry section (surprise) that might interest you. At least one kinda modernish cavalry dude there.

Hope this helps.
Old March 1, 2000, 18:17   #5
NickC
Prince

Local Time: 05:54
Yes.

Also:

The website is under massive renovations. I am trying to make it look very "snazzy." I suppose Fast_Eddie and Captain Nemo are two new members of the team too. Great!
Old March 1, 2000, 19:44   #6
JPetroski
Prince

Actually,
I would not say that either Captain Nemo, or Fast Eddie, are actually members of the team without asking them first. Captain Nemo is very kind to lend his services to just ONE massive scenario and I will in no way hold him to lend them to numerous other ones.

Thank you,

------------------
John Petroski
Vudak@aol.com
Old March 2, 2000, 19:36   #7
Fast_Eddie

I just find where the cities are