Old September 1, 2003, 13:36   #1
dudemanjack
Warlord

Local Time: 04:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Simcountry Award
Anybody still play this game? Yeah..me neither, but that didn't stop me from getting this e-mail from the webmaster of www.simcountry.com

Quote:
Dear Jason Hague,

Congratulations. We are happy to inform you that you have won an award
in the "Game of the Worlds" (http://www.simcountry.com).

You have won the award with the country 'Mentop No More CEOS' which was rated 21 last month in White Giant.

THE AWARD IS 1 GOLD CREDIT.

This allows you to play one month in a Simcountry Gold World, free of charge. The Gold Credit will be added to your account soon.

Best regards,
W3Creative.com
I bolded the 21. They started the "country reset" thing I believe, so that probably explains it. I checked my country now and it's at rank 100 or so now..but I thought this was pretty funny.
Old September 1, 2003, 14:32   #2
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 04:05
Didn't even know there was such a game. While we're talking about Maxis classics, it's be nice if they redid SimLife without the frigging evolution. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about the controversy, but it was really annoying to have your plans continuously screwed over by your elephants randomly growing wings(which made no sense anyway)...
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old September 1, 2003, 15:17   #3
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:05
SimCountry isn't a Maxis game if I don't confuse things here. It's an online game where you play a country or company. I had long forgotten it. It's a mediocre game, but try it, maybe you like it better then me! Don't be surprised if you find it hard to navigate properly sometimes though...
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old September 1, 2003, 19:46   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:05
Funny.

I won two awards while I was actually playing, but left soon after they announced the resets.
Old September 3, 2003, 09:08   #5
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 10:05
:=)
Grats
Now its Time to start bragging about your perfect designed grand Country which runs w/o any human interference by you needed