Old September 3, 2003, 06:53   #31
Sikander
King

Local Time: 01:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

Hmmmm... I suppose it depends on taste. Personally, I don't think the UK has a problem at all in that way. Although whether I would consider many of the townies attractive. You just look at them and see their attitudes I'm happy though
I can't claim to have done an exhaustive study on English women, but a lot of people think that they tend toward ugly. Five friends of mine who have lived and travelled through Europe extensively all gave England as their worst or second worst country for looking at women. Reading a Patton biography this evening he complains about the same thing in 1942. It's all anecdotal though, I wish I could get funding and do a proper study. Perhaps Elijah can turn his talents toward something worthy like this?

As for the townies, if they're young they are salvageable in most cases. If they're hot they may be worth the effort.
Old September 3, 2003, 10:57   #32
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 02:08
Good luck with college, Elijah!
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old September 3, 2003, 11:01   #33
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 08:08
Thanks Dip!

Townies are basically a waste. I'm sure they are attractive, just not under six inches of foundation that requires a team of archeologists for make up removal! Not to mention the fact that they seem to think they look good when they go out wearing pyjamas!

Quote:
I can't claim to have done an exhaustive study on English women
College is going to rule!

Quote:
but a lot of people think that they tend toward ugly. Five friends of mine who have lived and travelled through Europe extensively all gave England as their worst or second worst country for looking at women. Reading a Patton biography this evening he complains about the same thing in 1942. It's all anecdotal though
Indeed, Russian/Eastern European chicks are incredible!! Scandinavians are high on the list too! (I like blondes... it helps!)

Quote:
Perhaps Elijah can turn his talents toward something worthy like this?
It is my sworn duty!
Old September 3, 2003, 11:18   #34
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 09:08
i had 60% attendence in college, the fact i had to travel 15 miles (coupled with the fact that i'm a lazy, lazy bastard who spends too much in the pub) was probably to blame. then again, i missed out on the university i wanted to go to (by 3 marks, ffs!), so maybe i should have made more of an effort.

english girls aren't ugly, they just don't come out in the winter, come here in the summer and see all the 'sunshine shelias', it's great and anyone who east european birds are fitter than english birds is having a laugh. i work with loads of them, all i can say is i know why men there play games like russian roulette if that's all they've got to look forward to when they get home!

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old September 3, 2003, 12:05   #35
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:08
Okay, what's "townie?"
Old September 3, 2003, 13:02   #36
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 08:08