Old September 2, 2003, 23:14   #1
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 04:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Daily Blueprint Special Edition!
The Daily Blueprint

President ZargonX Creates Political Upheaval!
Final Act as President Shocks Nation

Legopolis, 195 AD: On a day when he was expected to announce to the nation his intent to run again for the office of president, ZargonX instead left his citizens momentarily stunned when he instead announced that as his final act of office, he would be abolishing the office of President and Vice-President.
"It's time we became a democracy in the truest sense of the word," he stated to the crowds gathered outside the palace, "no more shall a figurehead be needed; all the people of Legoland shall have an equal voice!"
Though the crowd was left speechless at first by the announcement, as the meaning sunk in, the people rejoiced.
"I'm very excited by this new direction," said local citizen Miles Sawhorse, "it really makes me feel like I'm a part of a greater whole!"
Not all were pleased with the decision. Current VP Vondrack was overheard commenting "What the hell? So if I kill him now, I won't be getting a promotion? I think I'm going to kill him anyway." He then excused himself to find some sword polish.
His announcement complete, ZargonX continued his streak by eliminating two office staffing positions, a potted plant, and abolishing several doughnuts at lunch.
Old September 2, 2003, 23:26   #2
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Heh... now how many of you saw that headline and thought this was going to be something that would lead to a brand-new flame-fest
Old September 3, 2003, 01:18   #3
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 09:08
Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!
Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
Not all were pleased with the decision. Current VP Vondrack was overheard commenting "What the hell? So if I kill him now, I won't be getting a promotion? I think I'm going to kill him anyway." He then excused himself to find some sword polish.
Hilarious, Zargon, hilarious!
Old September 3, 2003, 07:55   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!
Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
The Daily Blueprint

President ZargonX Creates Political Upheaval!
Final Act as President Shocks Nation

.....when he instead announced that as his final act of office, he would be abolishing the office of President and Vice-President.
"It's time we became a democracy in the truest sense of the word," he stated to the crowds gathered outside the palace, "no more shall a figurehead be needed; all the people of Legoland shall have an equal voice!"
Which raises the obvious question - who is going to play the turn? All of Lego?

Btw - this sounds more like anarchy.
Old September 3, 2003, 12:41   #5
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
Re: Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!
Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

Which raises the obvious question - who is going to play the turn?
Obviously the unfortunate minister caught outside Anarchy, the latest and coolest party house in Legopolis, renown for its wine and hookers.

Until now the rule was that when the save arrived, someone called the President (or the VP, when the Pres. was drunk or busy with a hooke ...err... hooked-nosed diplomat) out to play the turn. Because of this no one wanted to be President or VP anymore.

It could be that Lego will play its turns slower from now on because of this. We have to establish a democratic rule first, to leave Anarchy for short time on a rotational basis (you rotate a person and if he doesn't fall down on the stairs, he is able to play the turn).
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; September 3, 2003 at 14:11.
Old September 3, 2003, 12:45   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:08
Quote:
Because of this no one wanted to be President or VP anymore.
I'll be president

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 3, 2003, 13:29   #7
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I'll be president

ahem - I think by default the honour goes to a member of the closest civ - geographically. And that would be...

*Beta roots around in his closet looking for his al-Sahhaf outfit.

.... Vox Controli!
Old September 3, 2003, 15:20   #8
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Ba, humbug. Let unortho play. He will destroy Lego's chances of winning just like he did with GoW

Those heathen dogs of GoW cower in fear. You can tell they are heathens as they burn down city after city in their retreat. Cowards.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 3, 2003, 15:49   #9
Nuclear Winter
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineSpanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 05:08
Ah damn.... Do I hear the hounds of War again? Do I?
Old September 3, 2003, 15:52   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:08
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Ba, humbug. Let unortho play. He will destroy Lego's chances of winning just like he did with GoW

Those heathen dogs of GoW cower in fear. You can tell they are heathens as they burn down city after city in their retreat. Cowards.
Yes, we burn down SPANISH city after SPANISH city as we 'retreat' right across the SPANISH homeland.

If more spanish would only fight as bravely as those Red Zealots who met their fate in the mountains outside of the Alamo...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby