Old September 3, 2003, 07:33   #1
M-Rex
Settler

Local Time: 08:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
no Xp run!
Hi. I have a problem that I cannot solve.
I've made a clean install of WinXP pro portuguese in my hard drive, after an upgrade of my computer. So I now have a AMD Athlon 1800 w/ 256 Mb RAM and a GX something card which deals w/ the Nokia 800x600 and handles the sound. Everything was going O.K. untill I installed the most important program after win and Office, Civ III basic. But the game won't start! The screen gets all black as it should, the game tries to adjust the monitor settings to run. It can't and WinXP STOPS! I installed win98 in a second hdd and then civ III. It runs completelly O.K., so the problem can't be with the hardware! What's wrong? What can I do? I want to play Civ III in my WinXP, so i don't have to boot in and out to go to the other problems.
P.S. Nice the inclusion of Portugal in Conquests. Finnally some credit the country the gave new lands to the world WITHOUT any bloodshed! Luso to the END as in the beggining!
M-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2003, 11:45   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If you are saying the monitor/video only run at 800, that is a problem for CivIII. Look for the thread about running at 800. If that is not what you mean, then I don't know.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote