Old September 3, 2003, 11:29   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What to do with game #2
I had an idea I posted a while ago, and will repeat it here. If other people have ideas, this is the place to post and discuss them.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 3, 2003, 11:33   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

We stopped game 2 because it was taking Oh so long to get through the game. It was too big. So, I am proposing that we do not abandon it. We simply change it into a sucession game.

What is a sucession game - well, each person playes a bit, then posts the save and writes a report of what they did. I would suggest 5 turn turns. It will probably take around 2-3 hours (at where we are at) to play 5 turns and post a couple of paragraphs about what, where, when, etc.

Another idea that came up was to turn it into some sort of competition - let everybody else play it and compare scores or something like that. I was and am still not in favor of this, but figured I would mention it out of fairness.

--Con
Old September 3, 2003, 11:35   #3
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
GK I think it's a bit late. We are already in elections for the third one. Restarting the second would split the tiny interest there is in half.
Old September 3, 2003, 15:14   #4
GodKing
Emperor

I am not saying restart. I am saying to allow those who are interested to continue playing the game. It might take a year or more to finish, but so what. Game 4 may be going by then. It would just be something in the background like the $game was previously.

--Con
Old September 4, 2003, 06:48   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:09
Or there is the idea of letting the map out to all those who want to play it as a SP, private MP game....

It IS a brilliant map.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 6, 2003, 17:22   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
hi ,

, a small poll would have been handy , .....

trash it and lets focus on what we have now , ......

have a nice civing night
Old September 6, 2003, 21:45   #7
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:09
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Or there is the idea of letting the map out to all those who want to play it as a SP, private MP game....

It IS a brilliant map.
I argee, didn't see it, but would like to see it