Old September 3, 2003, 20:59   #61
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 04:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yeah, I guess you gotta watch out for that State Secret Police, eh?

Don't you live in Austin? That's as liberal as Texas gets.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:01   #62
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
I'm sure they'd agree. They'd be alive if it weren't for Osama's desire for vengeance.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:02   #63
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There's no chance that Texas will go to anyone but Shrub in the election.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:05   #64
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
I'm sure they'd agree. They'd be alive if it weren't for Osama's desire for vengeance.
No. I doubt it. I think they would find Osama's vengeance unjustified and ours justified.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:11   #65
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
There's no chance that Texas will go to anyone but Shrub in the election.
So? That's just the culture. You make it sound as if Brownshirts are harrasing you at the voting stations ("There is no Opposition")
Old September 3, 2003, 21:12   #66
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

It is so tough being an ex-wrestler, Longhorn, double-major, leftist-libertarian. The world is full of angst.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:13   #67
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TCO
It is so tough being an ex-wrestler, Longhorn, double-major, leftist-libertarian. The world is full of angst.
Ah. A T-sip, that explains all.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:15   #68
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

At least they have women there.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:19   #69
Lonestar
inmate
King

I defy you to find five ugly women at A&M.

And the Corps Whores don't count.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:24   #70
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I visited UT as a USNA middie. It is target rich. They just lie out there on the lawn. And drink on 6th (5th?) street. This was back when the drinking age was 19 or 18 or such. We were of age as youngsters.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:24   #71
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
No. I doubt it. I think they would find Osama's vengeance unjustified and ours justified.
That might be. But the opposite is probably true for the innocent civilians that have been killed by the US in Afghanistan.

But that isn't what I was saying. Again, they'd be alive if some people didn't believe that revenge was a moral course of action.

Quote:
So? That's just the culture. You make it sound as if Brownshirts are harrasing you at the voting stations ("There is no Opposition")
My bad, I guess I should've spelled it out. Forgot you were a feeble-minded Aggie. What my statement means is, "There is no opposition significant enough to challenge Shrub."

In a fascist state there usually is opposition BTW. There's a reason for brown shirts, you know.
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:26   #72
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

So you find Osama's actions comparable to ours? You were against the Afghan war, weak-knee?
Old September 3, 2003, 21:26   #73
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I defy you to find five ugly women at A&M.
Livestock doesn't count as beautiful women.
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:29   #74
Lonestar
inmate
King

Jeebus, you're picky.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:32   #75
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
So you find Osama's actions comparable to ours?
Who said I did?

Quote:
You were against the Afghan war, weak-knee?
I supported the war, but in retrospect I think my position was wrong. The Afghan War only managed to diffuse Jihadis, while keeping the people under the heel of ruthless warlords (i.e. Khan) who often keep women under Taleban-like subjagation. And Shrub is too chickenshit to bring the Afghan people true liberty, because he doesn't want to committ enough troops to cover places other than Kabul and Kandahar, or piss off his precious allies in the "war on terror."
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:36   #76
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Glad to see you clarify your position. (insert mud allusion) Do you think we are justified in killing Osama and his helpers or not?
Old September 3, 2003, 21:40   #77
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yes. But only insofar as it's the only way to stop him from killing others. Revenge is an idiotic motive for killing someone.
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:42   #78
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Has a preventative effect, no? Certainly the abscence of such action has the opposite, no? Ever study game theory?
Old September 3, 2003, 21:43   #79
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Deterrence isn't the same thing as revenge.
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:43   #80
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Plus, I have no problem with vengeance here. Osama deserves it.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:50   #81
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That's the same mentality that Osama had. That it's ok to do something bad to the enemy, just because he did something bad to us.
-Bokonon
Old September 3, 2003, 21:57   #82
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yes. but our actions are in response to his. Fighting Hitler is different than being Hitler.
Old September 3, 2003, 21:57   #83
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
US media isn't government funded.
but not government controlled...

Quote:
Plus, I have no problem with vengeance here. Osama deserves it.
Unfortunately, the US has a terrible history of supporting more evil people in an attempt to kill the evil people who are our current enemies. Remember, we once financed Osama and the Muhajadeen to fight the Soviets; then we financed Saddam against Iran. I bet in a decade or so, the Northern Alliance peoples will be our enemies... and then you'll have more people to hate, TCO...
Old September 3, 2003, 21:57   #84
Lonestar
inmate
King

I don't recall intentionally killing 2,000 or so civilians....
Old September 3, 2003, 21:59   #85
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

More people who think that osama and the US are equivalent.
Old September 3, 2003, 22:00   #86
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
I don't recall intentionally killing 2,000 or so civilians....
oh yeah, the innocents the US kills are "collateral damage", right? The Muslim world doesn't care about the distinction between the two.
Old September 3, 2003, 22:11   #87
Lonestar
inmate
King

But it is a distinction. We go to great pains to avoid Civilian causalties, even to the point of limiting our OOB. Osama et al tries for Maximum civilian deaths. I would hazard to say the Muslim world has (collectively) the IQ of a retarded eggplant if they can't see that distinction.
Old September 3, 2003, 22:13   #88
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
But it is a distinction. We go to great pains to avoid Civilian causalties, even to the point of limiting our OOB. Osama et al tries for Maximum civilian deaths. I would hazard to say the Muslim world has (collectively) the IQ of a retarded eggplant if they can't see that distinction.
I don't think they care... because as much "great pains" we take to avoid civie casualities, we still kill many, many, many more innocents of there's then they do of ours.
Old September 3, 2003, 22:16   #89
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

So you find Osama and the US morally equivalent? Are you also against the Afghan war, Sava-girl?
Old September 3, 2003, 22:16   #90
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:10
MATH QUESTION:

Whats 3000 multiplied by 2?