Old March 21, 2000, 02:20   #1
JPetroski
Prince

Local Time: 01:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I need to put Civ2 on hold for a week or two
Sorry to those who are waiting patiently for Aufstieg to be released (and this will be quite some time), but I need to postpone my work on it for a week or two.

I need to do this because I am currently attempting to test out of High School. You see, when you are as big of a trouble maker as myself, but still have the brains to get A's, and your teachers recognize this, you get benifets! I proposed to teach myself the material over the rest of this school year to test out of my current grade, without having to go to school. I am extrememly confident, my only problem is that I need to focus. Anyway, if I get a 70 average out of the Mid Term and Final, (or better of course), I get the credit for what others have to sit in the classroom for 180 days to earn.

My thoughts as to how to do this, is rather ambitious, as I would be the first person in the history of my High School (or at least that is what they tell me), to self-teach myself the ciriculum. Here is my plan:

Now to end of school year:

- Test out of 3 years (what I have left) of History, and also test out of Phycology (im taking that test on Friday). If I do well, my confidence will grow, and I will attempt to test out of as many History electives as possible this year.

Over the Summer:

- Since I allready have basically a whole year worth of Summer, I will attempt to test out of 3 years of Math. This is not my best subject, and it will be the most difficult subject to self teach myself, but I am confident in success.

Next School Year:

- Bargain my way into just attending school for Science classes, but arrange my schedule so that I have 3 or 4 of them per day. In other words, finish Science in one year. This is the class I really need to be in a school for since I need to learn how to do the labs.

Next Summer:

- Test out of 3 years worth of English (this like History should be a breeze, its one of my better subjects).

- Pass the proficiency test for a foreign language.

My plan is ambitious, but I know it will be accomplished.

My one concern, would a college look favorable too someone who taught himself, or would they disregard it and turn one down?

Sorry for rambling,

------------------
John Petroski
Vudak@aol.com
Old March 21, 2000, 21:22   #2
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Go to a Canadian University - their fees are much lower than those in America but the quality is the same.
Old March 21, 2000, 22:43   #3
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

How the hell did you get a soft deal like that!? I had to sit through school like everyone else!
Old March 24, 2000, 01:42   #4
JPetroski
Prince

Well,
Basically I caused such ruckus in school for the few months I went this year, got in more trouble then anyone else, managed to keep a clear criminal record through it all... Well when they were faced with the prospect of me staying back multiple times, and being there until I was 21 (when they can just kick you out and never let ya back in), they pretty much are willing to do anything to let me get the heck outta there.

Besides, having a "2000 style" teacher for a Mom (she firmly believes that not every child learns in the same way, and that it is the school's responsibility to find a way to reach every child), and a Lawyer fer a father does not hurt either. It's kinda funny going to their meetings, the social worker might say "oh well then we are just gonna do this", and then good ol' Blood and Guts John Petroski Sr. comes out and says "no you actually can't".

Thank You,

------------------
John Petroski
Vudak@aol.com