Old September 4, 2003, 05:35   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Military Clash on the Inter-Arandian Border
Local media outlets in Lower Arandia are reporting that a major incident occurred earlier today along the disputed frontier between Upper and Lower Arandia. Details are still unclear, but the Lower Arandian government was quick to denounce the stalinist north for its "Flagrant aggression against the sovereignty of the free and democratic Dominion of Arandia," alleging that the incident had occurred after three tanks from the Royal Arandian Army were fired upon by Upper arandian troops while moving up to the front line. Further updates as the situation develops.

OOC: Both Upper and Lower Arandia are mine, but I've asked ACAB (who's a friend of mine IRL) to play Upper Arandia, so that I'm not just playing against myself. If any other ntions want to get involved, you're welcome to, but please at least ask me first, and try to keep things reasonable.
Old September 4, 2003, 23:57   #2
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:13
OOC: Is this Old or Neo Apolyton?
Old September 5, 2003, 03:55   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Old poly. Should have mentioned that in the title.
Old September 8, 2003, 00:55   #4
Squeblish Nef?
NationStates
Prince

Location: Warning: This text is next to an Avatar. DO NOT READ UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
Re: Military Clash on the Inter-Arandian Border
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Local media outlets in Lower Arandia are reporting that a major incident occurred earlier today along the disputed frontier between Upper and Lower Arandia. Details are still unclear, but the Lower Arandian government was quick to denounce the stalinist north for its "Flagrant aggression against the sovereignty of the free and democratic Dominion of Arandia," alleging that the incident had occurred after three tanks from the Royal Arandian Army were fired upon by Upper arandian troops while moving up to the front line. Further updates as the situation develops.

OOC: Both Upper and Lower Arandia are mine, but I've asked ACAB (who's a friend of mine IRL) to play Upper Arandia, so that I'm not just playing against myself. If any other ntions want to get involved, you're welcome to, but please at least ask me first, and try to keep things reasonable.
OOC: Playing against yourself is a good way to develop schizophrenia, which really interferes with your studies.

IC: The Upper Arandian government challenges the little Lower Arandian sneaks to show the video footage of the alledged 'incident'. So there.
Old September 8, 2003, 04:50   #5
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Greater Silvera, in the far West, declares its support for Upper Arandia.
Old September 8, 2003, 05:05   #6
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

The Dominion feels no need justify itself to it's blatantly aggressive and repressive neighbour, but in order to ensure that the international community believes us, we'll supply the requested film anyway.

[A combination of satellite photos and footage and grainy film shot on the spot plays, showing the Lower Arandian tanks moving toward their positions and being fired upon from the Upper Arandian lines, and then Lower Arandian forces returning fire]

As you can see, the incident did occur, as we claimed. In the course of the fighting, sixteen Lower Arandian soldiers were killed and twelve injured, and all three tanks were destroyed. We have no idea how many casulties were suffered by the Stalinist enemy.
Old September 12, 2003, 01:05   #7
Squeblish Nef?
NationStates
Prince

Location: Warning: This text is next to an Avatar. DO NOT READ UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
Oh? And just why did you forget to include all of the incident?
Here's what really happened.

[A birds-eye recording plays, showing a mortar shell hitting an Upper Arandian position, who attempt to return fire, attacking the nearest targets (tanks) with anti-tank rockets, as the Lower Arandian infantry open fire]

23 Upper Arandians were killed, four from the unprovoked mortar shot. 45 were injured.

And, as a reminder... we are not Stalinist!
We have elections, don't we?
Sure, there are no opposition candidates (well, not for long...), but that's because we all love the president!
Old September 12, 2003, 04:14   #8
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Pretty good for a work of fiction, but you forgot one crucial detail - the geography found on the tape does not exist anywhere in the area in which the incident occurred or even nearby.

In response to the escalating crisis, the King has ordered the DoA army to move o full alert, and increase troop strength along the border. We will not be caught unawares by a Stalinist sneak attack.
Old September 18, 2003, 02:31   #9
Squeblish Nef?
NationStates
Prince

Curses, foiled!
No matter, the sergeant responsible for the attack (and his subordinates, if you wish) will be handed over to Lower Arandia as reparation for the unfortunate exchange of fire (and to avert a possibly very nasty war).
Happy?

Just as a cautionary measure, all airmen are on standby and the Upper Arandian 3rd and 4th Armoured Companies have been mobilised to ward off any treacherous assault from the decadent Lower Arandian swine.

[psst]Can any of you chaps sell me some nukes as a sort of bargaining counter against the Lower Arandian traitors?[/psst]