Old September 4, 2003, 14:43   #1
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
California Legislature Passes law allowing Illigeal Alliens to get Drives Licenses
Here is a link to the text of the bill that Gray Davis is expected to sign right away.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/s..._enrolled.html

This will allow people here in United States illigealy to obtain drives license. I have tried to find a news story on this, but it seems like there is none, and I heard about this on a local talk shows.

There are many concerns by people who oppose this bill.
One it is feared that terrorist that sneak in could find it easier to get a legal drivers license.
Second that it will allow illigeal alliens to registure to vote. Because of federal law, all demartment of motor vechicals hand out registration cards for voting when you go to get a license, and they dont even check to see if you are allowed to vote. All you have to do is check off a box and say you are a citizen of the US and sign it and no one checks it unless some one reports you to the DA or county registure office.
Also many fear that these will only encourage more illigeal immigration.
Old September 4, 2003, 14:45   #2
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
For those of you opposed to this measure: You do realize this might just be a mouse-trap, right?
Old September 4, 2003, 14:47   #3
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Also Gray Davis has veto similar laws in the past siting national security and terrorist. But now this the recall in full swing he is again selling himself and trying to apeal the the democratic base.
Old September 4, 2003, 14:49   #4
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

hmmm... a politician pandering... this is a new development...
Old September 4, 2003, 14:55   #5
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:14
This is all about getting more votes for the Democratic party. Since all that is required to register to vote is a Driver's licence the DP thinks some of the 3 million illegals in the state will register (illegally) but will end up voting for them.

Remember when fairness and the national good came before partisan politics? Right, neither do I but supposedly it used to happen sometime in the past.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 4, 2003, 14:57   #6
Oerdin
Deity

I just find it so funny that 4-5 weeks before the election the DP is passing a law which defacto will allow illegals to vote and then they're claiming the election has nothing to do with it.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 4, 2003, 14:57   #7
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 04:14
Quote:
Remember when fairness and the national good came before partisan politics? Right, neither do I but supposedly it used to happen sometime in the past.

This does seem pretty crazy. Anyone care to defend it?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 4, 2003, 14:58   #8
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Mousetrap, I hope.
Except I have to say, I'm still against entrapment.

NOT a mousetrap?
Japher! WTF is wrong with your legal beagles?
Old September 4, 2003, 15:01   #9
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 08:14
No idea.
If them liscense don't come with a pair of shackles and a one way ticket to TJ I'd be damned if I don't find myself drunk and naked urinating on the capital building in Sacto!
Old September 4, 2003, 15:02   #10
Jack_www
King

I can just see the fraud that could result from this law. I just hope there is way to overturn this law before its too late.

Also some states said they would refuse to accpet California drivers licenses as valid ID if these law was passed.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:03   #11
Oerdin
Deity

I'd love to but with all the post 9/11 security it will be hard to find a spot you can piss on without the cops seeing you.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:03   #12
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Well, let me pull up a spot next to you.
I want to be a Democrat so bad, and they insist on raising the ante to the point that I can't play.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:04   #13
Japher
Emperor

Thank god I have a passport. I hope the Feds step in if this passes. All they need to do is point, laugh, and slap all the fools in the senate with a penal suit for endagnering the lives of all Americans.

Thanks, dipsheits!

Heck, I complained enough about this yesterday

blah!
Old September 4, 2003, 15:08   #14
Jack_www
King

I would like to ask the people of apolyton in other countries, Does your country give drivers licenses to people who are in your country illigealy?
Old September 4, 2003, 15:09   #15
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
I would like to ask the people of apolyton in other countries, Does your country give drivers licenses to people who are in your country illigealy?
if you're going to go down that road, you should ask other countries about their immigration programs...
Old September 4, 2003, 15:11   #16
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
This is all about getting more votes for the Democratic party. Since all that is required to register to vote is a Driver's licence the DP thinks some of the 3 million illegals in the state will register (illegally) but will end up voting for them.

Yeah I think that is the main reason the Democrats supported this bill, to get more votes for the party from illigeals. Also I heard some of the democratics who debated in the legislature, and they ridiculed those who had concerns and say that since Illigeal Alliens know its illigeal for them to vote that they will not vote. So they are saying that simply because its illigeal no one will do it.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:13   #17
Japher
Emperor

They obviously don't know what the word Illegal means
Old September 4, 2003, 15:13   #18
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The horror! God forbid that the state shoule encourage people who are going to drive anyways, to learn how to first!
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old September 4, 2003, 15:15   #19
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
The horror! God forbid that the state shoule encourage people who are going to drive anyways, to learn how to first!
First off its not that hard to drive.
Second they could have put safeguard in that would prevent terrorist from getting a license and that would prevent Illigeals from voting, but they did not.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:15   #20
Japher
Emperor

They shouldn't be driving anyways. Anyone who is pulled over w/o a liscense should have their car taken and should be required to show proof of citizenship before they are let go. If they can't do that, boot 'em to the curb.

It's the wrong law to prevent the problem.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:26   #21
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
First off its not that hard to drive.
So? The driver's license exists to ensure that someone can drive.

Quote:
Second they could have put safeguard in that would prevent terrorist from getting a license and that would prevent Illigeals from voting, but they did not.

1. A terrorist? The people who participated in the WTC attack were here legally. Most of the people involved in terrorist attacks in the US are backed up well financially. If they really wanted to, they'd have absolutely no problem getting a fake driver's license.
2. You need proof of citizenship to vote. A driver's license isn't proof of citizenship. You need a social security card or a birth certificate.

Quote:
They shouldn't be driving anyways.
And that's your opinion. Thankfully, not everyone in California is xenophobic.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon

Last edited by Ramo; September 4, 2003 at 15:37.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:28   #22
Japher
Emperor

If Xenophobia is being afraid of someone who is not liscensed to be driving on our roads, and is uninsured... than I guess I am.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:31   #23
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
So they are saying that simply because its illigeal no one will do it.
And all of the people we are talking about are already criminals who have commited felonies before.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:32   #24
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I'll have to call bullshit on that. Are you trying to tell me that every legal alien can vote?
-Bokonon
Old September 4, 2003, 15:34   #25
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
If Xenophobia is being afraid of someone who is not liscensed to be driving on our roads, and is uninsured... than I guess I am.
So let me get this straight. You don't want illegal immigrants to be able to get driver's licenses because you don't want unlicensed drivers driving on our roads.
-Bokonon
Old September 4, 2003, 15:35   #26
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
And that's your opinion. Thankfully, not everyone in California is xenophobic.
Ramo, before you go callling Japher Xenopobic maybe you should see that he's basing his argument upon the claim that people should respect and follow the law. So how is it xenopobic to ask that people should follow the law and not commit felonies?
Old September 4, 2003, 15:36   #27
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The law is immoral, and ought to be defied.
-Bokonon
Old September 4, 2003, 15:39   #28
Japher
Emperor

Stay in Texas Ramo...

Giving illegals more rights make legality less right and therefore defies the whole point for me to be citizen, pay taxes, work hard, and do what I have been told I is right... not break the law.

The solution to preventing ILLEGAL aliens from driving illegally is to not legalize ILLEGAL driving, it's to uphold the law that exists, which seems to be being ignored. Not even addressing the fact that these ppl are not even suppose to be in this country in the first place! Why are we giving them more rights!

Drunk driving is a big problem in the states. So, instead of continuing to bust drunk drivers, lets just make it legal
Old September 4, 2003, 15:42   #29
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
The law is immoral, and ought to be defied.
Please explain why immagration and naturalization is immoral. BTW You didn't answer the question of how asking people to respect democratically imposed laws is xenophobic. Can you please do so? I'd like to understand your position.
Old September 4, 2003, 15:42   #30
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 04:14
The uninsured issue is relevant here, no? Can an illegal immigrant get insurance? If not, they cannot drive.

The point is that this is a stupid law. Either you change the immigration laws and make these people legal aliens or grant them citizenship, or you deport them! What the ****! Illegal immigrants, by definition, are here illegally, and thus should not be getting driver's licenses. The idea of licensing people who, according to a different law, shouldn't even BE HERE, to drive doesn't strike you as insane, Ramo?

If you believe that these people should be allowed to stay, then it's immigration law you need to get changed. Not licensing laws. This is bizarre.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.