Old September 4, 2003, 17:14   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 1 Schedule
Well, this is it. No turning back on SPDG-3. Let the games begin!

Save may be found here.

Now men, gather your axes, bows, sheep, and all your other weapons of war! Let us now decide for a date for our first assualt on the world.

I'm free for raping, pillaging, burning, etc. this Friday or Saturday night, US EDT. What about our other ministers?
Old September 4, 2003, 18:32   #2
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Friday, between 6:00pm - 8:00pm (I would like it if it was 8, but for some that might be 3am!) Saskatchewan time(GMT-07:00)
Old September 4, 2003, 20:06   #3
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 01:14
Does 12 PM Poly time on Friday work for anyone?
Old September 5, 2003, 01:30   #4
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 10:14
what means 12 PM Apolyton time? Noon at GMT?
Old September 5, 2003, 01:46   #5
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:14
Friday's better for me too - have dinner with mum on Sat (just about anytime on friday is good fyi)
Old September 5, 2003, 03:14   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Friday Sept 5, from 1 PM-4:30 PM PST. PST is GMT -8

I have school and work before and after those times.

I hereby appoint WhiteBandit to be my back up in all cases where I cannot make a chat.

I will post orders for all to see before the turn is played.

How many turns do we want to do in this session?
Old September 5, 2003, 03:21   #7
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:14
YES!
I shall do my best to attend in the meantime.

BF knows how to contact me. I have a shindig/party thing tomorrow evening, but I should be able to be there up until 6pm Pacific Time or so which should be fine.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 5, 2003, 03:30   #8
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

OctavianX, you should also set a channel up. If you let me know I can register one and have it up for all to join. I can even post directions on how to get there for those not familiar with IRC.
Old September 5, 2003, 06:59   #9
Asmodeus
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:14
This is my first time on the Demo games, do you meet and chat on Apolyton or do you use things like ICQ? Looking forward to joining in.

I am free all this weekend in GMT land
Old September 5, 2003, 09:33   #10
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 04:14
why do we need to register a channel? #civ3dem has always been fine unregistered.

Asmodeus - yes, we meet on apolyton chat
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 5, 2003, 12:14   #11
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Ditto to Panzer. Why bother.

So, has a time been decided yet?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 5, 2003, 14:10   #12
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 10:14
please, specify the time zone too.
Any time between 7 am and 22 pm GMT is ok with me.

the channel is #civ3dem. Good, i know at least one thing
Old September 5, 2003, 14:20   #13
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Perhaps its time to either start a new thread explaining turnchats and how to access them, or bump an earlier one. I'm not sure where one is in here to bump though.

We have a lot of new members for this game, and a refresher course in IRC chat, etc. would probably be helpful for both them and people coming back to the game that haven't been involved lately.
Old September 5, 2003, 15:41   #14
MattH
King

Local Time: 08:14
Anytime is fine for me.
Old September 5, 2003, 16:10   #15
Madcaptn
Chieftain

#civ3dem but on what Network please?
Old September 5, 2003, 17:01   #16
BigFree
Deity

apolyton.net
Old September 5, 2003, 17:10   #17
BigFree
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
why do we need to register a channel? #civ3dem has always been fine unregistered.

Asmodeus - yes, we meet on apolyton chat
One reason is so that a room can always have an OP in it. OP's are nice to have in order to bring order to a room and to change topics.

The first person who joins an unregistered room is OP'ed. If, before they OP other, they get booted or ping out, then the room is left without an OP.

Tell me, what is the harm in registering it? Other users that have are elected officials can be added to the access list for that room and will automatically be given OP status upon entry into the room.
Old September 5, 2003, 17:27   #18
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I'll set up #civ3dem will work on apolyton.net.

As for time, someone is pressuring me for a phone at the moment. I'll figure something out soon...
Old September 5, 2003, 18:07   #19
Octavian X
King

Ok, here's the deal...

My new computer came in today. It runs at 2.4 ghz, as compared to the 400 mhz of this machine. Problem is, my original Civ3 disk is scratched up pretty badly, so it's installation files are missing. Basically, I need to transfer the HD it's on (thankfully, that's not this comp's main one) and a few registry entries into the new computer. Depending on how sucessful the operation is tonight, we should have a chat soon, with a game that will hopefully move 6x faster.
Old September 5, 2003, 19:04   #20
Tassadar500
Emperor

Can't we just do it through undernet?
Old September 5, 2003, 19:11   #21
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

We are waiting in Apolyton.net #civ3dem for the OctavianX et al.
Old September 5, 2003, 19:26   #22
BigFree
Deity

I am there. But we need the President for at least the first turn, else we could go with only the VP. I say we wait for OctavianX, else we play tomorrow.
Old September 5, 2003, 21:39   #23
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Got dragged away and didn't see this until just now When are you going to try to have it tomorrow?
Old September 6, 2003, 02:00   #24
Octavian X
King

Sorry, sorry!

My mother was sick, and her condition worsened between this post and my last.

Because it is sooo late, we'll call if off for tonight.
Tomorrow, in #civ3dem on Apolyton.net, we'll start the first chat at 10 PM US EDT (Sunday, 2AM GMT, 7PM on the US West Coast).

And, if I'm late, feel no qualms about starting without me. My schedule loves to change itself without a moment's notice.
Old September 6, 2003, 09:27   #25
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

that time for me will work for me
Old September 6, 2003, 11:36   #26
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

OK doughnut man. Hopefully I can join. Hope your mum is OK.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 6, 2003, 18:00   #27
Makahlua
King

Set myeslf to lurking in the channel, so I'll see you folks later

Now where did I put that durn PtW disc?
Old September 6, 2003, 20:29   #28
BigFree
Deity

I will not be there. I have to work.

OctavianX will have to assume my dutuies. Or, if he so sesires, he may temporarily appoint someone.
Old September 6, 2003, 20:47   #29
Octavian X
King

If someone who's just a bit more competent than me wanders into the chat, I'll ask him...