Old September 5, 2003, 04:28   #1
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Aquatic options
so it at least looks like i'm doing something usefull
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 5, 2003, 04:34   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Please have a look at Googlie's site to get an idea of the aquatic factions. Or download my edited version of Googlie's factions, where I deleted many of the free facilities, as they seemed unbalancing IMHO, and where I boosted the Angels, Cult and Pirates.
Old September 5, 2003, 05:17   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 08:16
Normal game - cheaper ships I like the idea of naval battles, but would rather go for a land style game, it seems more balances IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 5, 2003, 14:46   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 02:16
Everybody liked cheap ships.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 5, 2003, 15:29   #5
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:16
Cheap ships for everyone!

Yay!
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 5, 2003, 19:15   #6
Lemmy
King

/me wonders who voted for the free banana
Anyway, this doesn't decide anything..Aquatic and Normal are tied
Oh well...at least we'll all have our own boat.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old September 5, 2003, 21:53   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:16
/me breaks the tie

Thanks for this Lemmy!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 7, 2003, 06:07   #8
Lemmy
King

Nooo, you were supposed to break it the other way around!

Oh well...as long as there is a people's court, a few unwilling victims and a prison, then i'm happy
Old September 7, 2003, 06:30   #9
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:16
Can I be the unwilling victim?

Umm, I mean.... No don't make me a victim!
Old September 7, 2003, 18:19   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Oh well...as long as there is a people's court, a few unwilling victims and a prison, then i'm happy
ah, memories
Old September 8, 2003, 00:22   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Do I get to burn some heretics at the stake?
Old September 8, 2003, 10:43   #12
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

What is this about?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 8, 2003, 16:10   #13
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
why, Lemmy's trial, of course
Old September 8, 2003, 16:29   #14
Lemmy
King

oi, stop threadjacking!
This about playing an aquatic ACDG or normal ACDG
Old September 8, 2003, 16:40   #15
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:16
Although I have no idea what this thread is all about, I honored it by my vote

Assuming this is a principle discussion, I favour a normal land based game, but having cheaper ships adds some flavour to it.
All aquatic games take many of the unit types away, which lowers the fun factor. Unless you "invent" lots of new ship types, the battles will become boring, so does the civil part of SMAX.

Now could anyone please tell me who wants to play the match this poll is about? And when?
Old September 9, 2003, 05:59   #16
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Micha Welcome back. This is about a new ACDG that is being started, playing as the Hive. This poll is for whether we play Googlie's aquatic mod, or a normal game, and the cost of ships.

Old September 9, 2003, 10:28   #17
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Ah, I see.

Seems as if some people aren´t fully stretched, no?
You should rather put more efforts into your current faction!
Old September 9, 2003, 10:35   #18
Corellion
Prince

Well, it looks like the results so far are:

Aquatic Game: 13
Normal Game: 12
Cheap Ships: 21
Normal Ships: 4
Xeno Game with Free Banana: 1

Looks like we're going for an aquatic game with cheap ships!

(That'll teach you Lemmy to try and vote-split )
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old September 9, 2003, 10:44   #19
Drogue
staff

IMHO we need a vote of between aquatic and normal, both with cheaper ships. Since normal won on specifics but not overall, I don't think we can take it as said that is the will. I will start another poll for it, because of the vote split. We cannot take the highest option because of the vote split, but to take the 2nd highest might not be representative IMHO. Someone might have wanted all aquatic with normal ships but would rather have a normal game with cheaper ships than an aquatic game with cheaper ships. Therefore we need another poll between those two, since they are so close. However I think we've decided on cheaper ships, with that kind of majority.

I know it's not finished yet, but we have almost all votes now, and whatever happens, we will need a repoll of the top two IMHO. Therefore I think we should post the repoll now. Nothing will change the top 2 here with those majorities.

Last edited by Drogue; September 9, 2003 at 10:52.
Old September 9, 2003, 11:09   #20
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

IMHO no other poll is needed. This is just an attempt of Drogue to fraud the results, because his preferred option lost.
Old September 9, 2003, 11:23   #21
Drogue
staff

No Maniac. According to the last constitution, if no majority is found, we should repoll with the two top answers. I am not trying to fraund the results. How would having a repol of the top two do that? Do you presume to know how the people who voted for other options would vote between the top two? If you want to have a democratic answer, you need to know which option the most people prefer.

Some of those who voted for "All Aquatic game with normal ship cost" may not want an all aquatic game given that we will be using cheap ships.

Yes, interpretting it as 2 seperate polls, more people want an all aquatic game. However this was not posted as two seperate polls, so you cannot assume that people voted like that. Either you need 2 polls, one for ships, and one for aquatic or normal, or you need to repoll the top two answers, since the top answer was a normal game with cheap ships.

Either interpret the poll as a single poll, where the option with the most votes wins, or repoll between the top two options so that those that voted for other options get to choose their preferance. You cannot interpret this as two seperate polls, since it is not two seperate polls.

Insulting me and presuming to know my intentions do not exactly make a good point. The aim is to find the option most people want. Since no option has a majority, how can you presume to know what the majority want?

Edit: Furthermore, there was no discussion thread. Some people may have been swayed by the arguments presented here. I think you're just trying to push your desired option through rather than find out what the majority want

Old September 9, 2003, 12:27   #22
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Insulting me and presuming to know my intentions do not exactly make a good point.
Well I'm sorry if you perceive my comment as an insult. It was certainly not meant that way. I had hoped the would make the clear.

Quote:
I think you're just trying to push your desired option through rather than find out what the majority want
But of course! Perhaps I would have asked for a second poll as well when the results were close. Anyway, did you really have no hidden motives at all when saying you wanted a second poll? (Or am I the only one whose mind works in such devilish ways? )
Old September 9, 2003, 12:30   #23
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

And I thought you guys could communicate telephathily.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 9, 2003, 12:33   #24
Maniac

Err... only in our private forum.
Old September 9, 2003, 12:37   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Phew! Such a relief.

Imagine an emperor prime function, a former emperor prime function and a fake future emperor prime function getting mad at each other ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 9, 2003, 13:28   #26
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 04:16
IMHO, when the results of the poll depend on the way it is counted, and no counting mechanism was set up beforehand, there should be a runoff between the top two options. I admit I'm biased -- I'd like to see a land-based game, as that gives us an advantage as the Hive, with our Perimeter Defenses. But regardless of the type of game, what I'd really like to see is a poll result that everyone can accept.
Old September 9, 2003, 13:37   #27
Maniac

If there's to be another poll, how about a third option: Most factions (we one of them) start on land, but we all have the aquatic ability (making sea bases not worthless compared to land bases). That would be the best guarantee to have both the sea and land aspects of the game well represented.
Old September 9, 2003, 15:22   #28
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Well I'm sorry if you perceive my comment as an insult. It was certainly not meant that way. I had hoped the would make the clear.
Sorry Stressful day at work. I know it wasn't meant as an insult. My bad.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
But of course! Perhaps I would have asked for a second poll as well when the results were close. Anyway, did you really have no hidden motives at all when saying you wanted a second poll? (Or am I the only one whose mind works in such devilish ways? )
I would want a repoll if it was the other way round. However I must admit it probably did affect the vehemity of my argument

As for the other idea, I think it could work, however I don't think as a 3rd option (which will involve another repoll, with them being so close I imagine). I will start a repoll with the two options, and then if we chose land faction, we can poll of aquatic ability too or not. IMHO Sea bases are not worthless anyway, and help provide a decent faction, with nuts and energy, but I would be fine if they wanted the aquatic ability. The cheap ships make them more useful already I will point out the ability to have the aquatic ability if people want it too.

Old September 9, 2003, 17:45   #29
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I wonder if there are any more floating voters out there.
Old September 9, 2003, 17:55   #30
Corellion
Prince

Calling upon anyone who happens upon this thread! Vote for option two and you'll get... er... eternal happiness at some later, nonspecified date!