Old September 6, 2003, 22:01   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
First Turn Chat Underway Now!
Server: Apolyton.net (use the fee java provided, if you don't have your own client)
room: #civ3dem
Old September 7, 2003, 00:19   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

3550 B.C.

Chat Log

Summary:
We started slow, due to ISP errors on my end. After much discussion, New Asgard was founded 3900, and started a new scout.

Our first scout popped an empty hut, but our second scout popped a settler!
Attached Files:

Last edited by Octavian X; September 7, 2003 at 00:29.
Old September 7, 2003, 00:20   #3
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 03:21
Screenie, 3550 BC, after getting the free settler:
(sorry for bad quality, i'm not an expert at this screenshot thing)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	demogame3 3550.gif
Views:	199
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	52733  
Old September 7, 2003, 02:00   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Our first scout popped an empty hut, but our second scout popped a settler!
Boo-Ya! The joys of having expansionist. That will really speed up the growth of our empire...or at the very least allow us to almost keep pace city-wise with the AI civs.
Old September 7, 2003, 02:02   #5
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

BTW, based on the lack of being able to get to the north area for awhile, and the fact that there is a barb to the south, I'd recommend building a warrior after this next scout. Three ought to be enough to sniff out the enemy.
Old September 7, 2003, 03:28   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Heck, we may be on an Island; two scouts are more than enough, build some troops to protect against those barbs and to promote happiness in our cities.
Old September 7, 2003, 04:35   #7
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 10:21
I guess we will loose our scout and there will be only one. But I think one may be enough. Let's concentrate on warriors and REX.
Old September 7, 2003, 09:49   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

who-aah , with a second city this early

great play guys

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 10:31   #9
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

The attachment in reply #2 returns the screen shot instead of the save.

Could someone please fix?
Old September 7, 2003, 11:03   #10
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by roadcage
The attachment in reply #2 returns the screen shot instead of the save.

Could someone please fix?
I have a save. Keep in mind it's not the official, presidential save, but it should be the same, and you can use it for the time being...
Attached Files:
Old September 7, 2003, 15:13   #11
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

The location of the second settler looks good. its close enough to the coast and can best utalize them .
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine
Old September 7, 2003, 15:17   #12
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

he could move one , to get the wheat within later city range , .....

we should not have moved our capital away from the spanish , it would have been nice to take that fish later on , .......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 15:25   #13
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

By closer examination, we can move that settler closer to the cattle and mine it.
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine
Old September 7, 2003, 15:28   #14
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by CivGeneral
By closer examination, we can move that settler closer to the cattle and mine it.
hi ,

actually the best would be to put it on top of the plains ( one move , keypad number 4 ) , this way it would get both a grain and the cattle , .....

some long term investment , .....

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 15:36   #15
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I think New Asgard's production should be immediately switched to a warrior for some protection. We can still consider a third scout after seeing what the surviving scout finds in the southwest.

I would favor moving the settler 8-8 or 8-8-8 and founding near New Asgard. Less distance so less corruption. 8-8 can work the cattle immediately, plus a bonus grass once Asgard's radius expands; the downside is not being able to share the wheat tile, and it'll take a while to get the cattle irrigated (mining won't have any effect in despotism). 8-8-8 can share the wheat and two bonus grass, but will have to expand culture borders to get the cattle, which is pretty much impossible since we need to be building warriors, settlers, and workers right now, not expensive 60-shield temples.
Old September 7, 2003, 15:44   #16
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
I think New Asgard's production should be immediately switched to a warrior for some protection. We can still consider a third scout after seeing what the surviving scout finds in the southwest.

I would favor moving the settler 8-8 or 8-8-8 and founding near New Asgard. Less distance so less corruption. 8-8 can work the cattle immediately, plus a bonus grass once Asgard's radius expands; the downside is not being able to share the wheat tile, and it'll take a while to get the cattle irrigated (mining won't have any effect in despotism). 8-8-8 can share the wheat and two bonus grass, but will have to expand culture borders to get the cattle, which is pretty much impossible since we need to be building warriors, settlers, and workers right now, not expensive 60-shield temples.
hi ,

yes but then we where to loose two or three turns , .......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 15:57   #17
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
yes but then we where to loose two or three turns , .......
Two or three turns spent now to settle in a better location will pay dividends down the road. Less corruption, etc will allow us to use the city resources even better. I favor Kloreep's 8-8 city settlement plan.
Old September 7, 2003, 16:00   #18
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Two or three turns spent now to settle in a better location will pay dividends down the road. Less corruption, etc will allow us to use the city resources even better. I favor Kloreep's 8-8 city settlement plan.
hi ,

ones that city grows a bit , has a couple units in it , its ideal to be used as worker and settler pump , .....

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 16:17   #19
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

But any city settled that far away from our capitol will have corruption enough to cripple it as a settler pump for a while. Settling 8-8 and irrigating that cattle tile will allow that city to work as a very effective settler pump right now. It won't take that long to get the cattle tile irrigated as it is only two tiles from a river. I agree that the city near the flood plain wheat will be a great city down the road, but it would be stagnant with corruption and completely undefended for at least the ten turns it would take to build a warrior in the city (and there are barbs out there we have to remember). A city built closer to New Asgard can benefit from the protection of warriors built in New Asgard while spitting out a worker to improve the cattle tile and quickly turning the city into an effective pump much earlier than the city near the flood plains
Old September 7, 2003, 17:21   #20
Madcaptn
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:21
Yea we really need a Warrior instead of the Scout and I think that's what will happen next turn.
Old September 7, 2003, 17:27   #21
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Madcaptn
Yea we really need a Warrior instead of the Scout and I think that's what will happen next turn.
Agreed. Another scout would be nice, but we need some defense since we know barbs are out there.
Old September 7, 2003, 17:48   #22
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

move the settler on the plain , we shall get two floodplain ( can later be used by other city on the other side of gems ) , one wheat , one forest and one plain , .....

by the time the city has grown bigger we shall be able to build something there to let expand our culture , ones thats done we shall have a huge settler worker pump , ......

as for corruption , well it aint that far away and we shall be able to gain what ever we loose due to its rapid growth and production , .....

our current capital might be relocated anyway since it aint in a good spot , ......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 17:51   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Madcaptn

hi ,

since chances are high that we are on an island or a small continent we should indeed go for warriors , .....

with spain so close we have a reasonable chance at this level they shall declare war on us really soon if we are to stay weak , .....

and our new free settler twon is going to need some protection , ......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 17:54   #24
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
hi ,

move the settler on the plain , we shall get two floodplain ( can later be used by other city on the other side of gems ) , one wheat , one forest and one plain , .....

by the time the city has grown bigger we shall be able to build something there to let expand our culture , ones thats done we shall have a huge settler worker pump , ......

as for corruption , well it aint that far away and we shall be able to gain what ever we loose due to its rapid growth and production , .....

our current capital might be relocated anyway since it aint in a good spot , ......

have a nice day
Hmm, we have two definitely differing viewpoints on what to do with our new settler from Kloreep and panag. DM Nuclear Master, care to start a poll on the matter? Kloreep's has my vote though.
Old September 7, 2003, 17:57   #25
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Hey this is a perfect opportunity to start up new political parties. Kloreep can lead the "cattle party" and Panag can lead the "flood party".
Old September 7, 2003, 17:59   #26
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
Hey this is a perfect opportunity to start up new political parties. Kloreep can lead the "cattle party" and Panag can lead the "flood party".

hi ,

from what we can see now panag's plan would lead to at least the cattle , one wheat and two floodplains , .....

thus resulting in a supercity with great production , lots of income , science , etc , ......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 18:57   #27
CivGeneral
Warlord

Quote:

hi ,

actually the best would be to put it on top of the plains ( one move , keypad number 4 ) , this way it would get both a grain and the cattle , .....

some long term investment , .....

have a nice day
Hmm, sounds like a good Idea. I never thought about that before .
Old September 8, 2003, 03:57   #28
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

I don't think two squares more or less will result in the corruption of the new city because we don't have others.

And we can build panag's supercity later when it will be well protected. Building it now will leave us without gold (because the barb warrior will take it).
Old September 8, 2003, 08:49   #29
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

looks good, now, about that 2nd city, I'll agree with panag, but try to build it on the coast, get the cattle, and 2 flood plans, if possbily, (I think to do thta, we maybe need to build on the cattle, which can't be good.)
Old September 8, 2003, 11:27   #30
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

We should move the settler up, 8-8, and take advantage of the cattle. It will be good to have a second city close to the capital so soon.