Old September 6, 2003, 23:30   #1
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 01:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
xgalaga
I have a very modified version with lots of bonuses added and rewritten cannon code. Anybody interested in trying it?
Be warned, it's been a long time since the last time I rebuilt it, there may be some nonworking code. Please advise me of any such errors you find, I'll do my best to fix them quickly.
Attached Files:
File Type: bz2 xgalaga_modified.bz2 (416.5 KB, 4 views)
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:33   #2
geeslaka
Prince

The changes file was too big to fit in the tarball with the rest. This tarball includes the executable I've been using, for those too lazy to build it and lucky enough to have it work.
Attached Files:
File Type: bz2 xgal_changes_and_executable.bz2 (407.9 KB, 2 views)
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old September 7, 2003, 04:05   #3
geeslaka
Prince

Shameless plug.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	xgal_screenshot.png
Views:	60
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	52742  
XGalaga.
Old September 7, 2003, 06:35   #4
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 09:21
I played Galaga on MAME a few times, the music sounds abit ripped off from Star Wars and i was crap.
Old September 7, 2003, 12:32   #5
geeslaka
Prince

I just remembered something. If you use the executable, then the keys will be:
6 or e = up
y or f = down
t or j = left
u or i = right
If you decide to compile it, make sure you check the key settings, they are at the bottom of defs.h.
The strange key combos resulted from my brother and I preferring different key layouts but not wanting to have to do anything when we traded off.
XGalaga.
Old September 8, 2003, 01:25   #6
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:21
Hey, that big green mother, isn't that from Star Control?
Old September 8, 2003, 01:31   #7
geeslaka
Prince

I don't know, I didn't make the ship graphics, though I made several of the bonuses.
Isn't anyone going to try it? It's a really good game.
XGalaga.
Old September 9, 2003, 23:43   #8
geeslaka
Prince

If compiling it gives you the error "make: *** No rule to make target `xgal.man', needed by `xgal._man'. Stop.", just ignore it. The executable is compiled before that so it doesn't matter. If you figure out what is causing this error please tell me and I will fix it.
XGalaga.
Old September 12, 2003, 02:40   #9
geeslaka
Prince

New version.
Changes are:
  • New prize movement code. Before, the prizes simply fell straight down. Now, they move around the screen, with various random effects at the edges.
  • Seeking lemons option. If you define SEEKING_LEMONS in defs.h before you compile, the lemons will chase you.
  • Decrease cannon spread prize.
  • Removed max torps limit. Now there is (effectively) no limit on the number of torps you can fire.
  • Other small bug fixes.

Attachment: xgal.bz2
This has not been downloaded enough times.

I'm not going to put this in a new post because then someone might accuse me of making a spam thread. There is a new version that includes many cool new features, built in prize list among them. Please, somebody try it!:doitnow:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	xgal_screenshot2.png
Views:	31
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	53059  
XGalaga.

Last edited by geeslaka; September 20, 2003 at 22:38.