Old September 7, 2003, 14:31   #1
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
what's happening with this game?
I have started a pair of PBEM after PTWDG II and they are going faster! It seems that there are teams where just one person are playing. Even in my team, after a enthusiastic start, a lot of players has left posting at the private forum because of the boring speed. Speed is more important here than at PBEM, people need to post his opinion about something frequently or...

I don't understand why a game with so many players is going sooooo slooooow What's the problem? Holidays? The amount of duty at the PTWDG I? Has the aggressive atmosphere of the PTWDG I discourage everybody? why the "welcome threads" still being topped and the savegame ones aren't? some tension with the administration?
I just want to play

I'm afraid that when C3C will be released this game will be definitely out. Maybe we should end the game and wait until we can start a more interesting game with Conquest. Or maybe we should give it a push now, at any form

Last edited by Niessuh; September 7, 2003 at 17:15.
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 09:21   #2
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

EEEOOOO! Is somebody out there?
Old September 8, 2003, 09:27   #3
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:22
I have no idea...

The PTWDG #1 is taking up a lot of time.
I dont think the "theme" aspect of the game took off ?
And this is the most boring part of the game.

Panzer officially voted Team Monkey as the most boring team in the game... yet we still have 3 nominated players who can at least play the game and keep it moving. Not sure what the problems are with the other teams.
Old September 8, 2003, 09:33   #4
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
I guess it is hard to keep a high level of trash-talk when there are so little going on in the actual game, which in turn leads to the actual game becoming less interesting and so on. All the recent unstability doesn't help either....

Maybe this is a good definition of a 'vicious circle'?
Old September 8, 2003, 09:44   #5
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
I think we're just in the slow part of the game, and there are currently more interesting things to occupy people's time. When the first PTWDG was in slow start time, it was the only thing going on, hence it kept moving. I think we just need to get over this initial hump, have some civs make contact, and things will stabalize out. I hope
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 10:52   #6
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
Panzer officially voted Team Monkey as the most boring team in the game... yet we still have 3 nominated players who can at least play the game and keep it moving. Not sure what the problems are with the other teams.
lol

Panzer voted MAST as the team that sucked the most in our forum.

If you're interested overall, team monkey and latin lover were the winners/losers of that poll.
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 10:57   #7
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I'm not really sure why this game is lagging so badly. I know my team shares the blame for that. We don't have many active members, and I'm not really sure what the heck happened with our last turn (the one I eventually played).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 11:21   #8
Niessuh
Deity

Arrian, actually It's your turn (again?) on the save game thread. Did you play the 2710 BC?
Old September 8, 2003, 11:35   #9
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Actually, Tabemono has the save right now, though CoD still is either having problems sending to me or just forgets to send the save to me, meaning that my team only has one turn player...
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 11:53   #10
Zcylen
PtWDG2 Latin LoversSpanish Civers
Emperor

this is slower than I thought

Soy del Clan de las Mnemosinidas y significa buscador de recuerdos...
Zcylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 12:07   #11
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 03:22
I have e-mailed your turn Arrian, you found it?

BTW, yes, many of our members of the team are slepping in this turns.

OK, perhaps this are the "boring ones" turns, but, if they're so easy to play.. why the delay so much??...

... even a PBEM I'm playing is going faster, about 2 turns per day.

Well, I just hope you guys resurrect from your graves and play with the same speed as the PBEM I just talked about.
Alexander the Great

Last edited by The Slayer; September 8, 2003 at 13:35.
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 15:41   #12
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I know this game was supposed to be more 'light-hearted' than the original game but now it's actually getting so 'light' that teams forget to play....
Old September 8, 2003, 16:19   #13
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Niessuh
Arrian, actually It's your turn (again?) on the save game thread. Did you play the 2710 BC?
Oh. I'm not normally "the player" for my team, but I can do it when I get home tonight.

Frustrated Poet plays most of our turns, but he hasn't been around a lot recently, and he just recently mentioned that he'll be going to South Korea for a year sometime in the next several months. So leadership changes are forthcoming for CoD.

Zargon: I will double-check our forum and make sure your email is in our "Tabemono Contacts" thread. That should ensure you get it from now on. Sorry.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 17:16   #14
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yes - as Niessuh has indicated - speed is the key. With more than two breathing players per team, there should be little excuse for slow play. Yes - there is RL, but that's why we have teams.

And this is the 'light' game, so I would suggest every decision does not need to be analyzed and polled on. Treat this like the old Saturday night game of Civ 3 when you have a few beers, crank it down to Monarch, hit random everything, and play quickly and enjoy!
Old September 8, 2003, 17:18   #15
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:22
Hear, hear!!

At least until we start making in-game contact with each other and then we can start thinking about what we're doing.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 17:18   #16
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

I suggest we implement a 12 hour guideline for playing the turn. And each team should designate - if they have not already done so - 3 players.
Old September 8, 2003, 17:21   #17
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

The three player idea is good, but I hate setting a time limit on turns. They're often received in the middle of the night for some people and it's hours before they even know they have the save. Or like Zargon who is Tabemono's primary turnplayer and isn't even receiving the save most of the time.
Old September 8, 2003, 17:27   #18
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
Actually, Tabemono has the save right now, though CoD still is either having problems sending to me or just forgets to send the save to me, meaning that my team only has one turn player...
I've sent it to you every time, but it never gets delivered. I've triple checked that I'm using the addres you gave me and I asked you about it once before, I believe.

Please send me an email at the address below using the account you'd like me to send the turns too.

stuartgoodwin
--AT--
fastmail
--DOT--
fm

We have 3 designated players, but Alva and Theseus seem very reluctant to play whenever I'm slow. You'd have to ask them why that is, but I expect they simply don't have the time.
Old September 8, 2003, 19:46   #19
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
I suggest we implement a 12 hour guideline for playing the turn. And each team should designate - if they have not already done so - 3 players.
I like this very much. If there are 3 players, then the 12 hour rule should be no problem. Perhaps we should have a poll on the issue and make it a "Rule" for the game.

As a punishment for not abiding by the "Rule" we'll have the offending teams turn played by the Game Historian in any manner he see fit. And the next team on the list gets the save mailed to them by the Historian. A poll would be good after some discussion about the issue.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2003, 19:53   #20
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

As a punishment for not abiding by the "Rule" we'll have the offending teams turn played by the Game Historian in any manner he see fit. And the next team on the list gets the save mailed to them by the Historian. A poll would be good after some discussion about the issue.
If that happens it makes it even more important to detail out your next move before it occurs. Glad Tabemono does that most of the time.

I'm all for moving the game along, but I'm still not sure if 12 hours is entirely fair. With three turnplayers per team it could probably work, but I'm still a little hesitant to say 12.
Old September 8, 2003, 20:15   #21
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

24 hours is more reasonable IMO. Remember, we're going to have wars eventually; even if you have a turnplayer available at any time of the day, 12 hours is way too small to have a cross-continental team discuss wartime moves.
Old September 8, 2003, 20:17   #22
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
I'm not sure this would be the best idea... but it could be fun

Is there a time limit for the Historian?
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2003, 04:54   #23
Niessuh
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
24 hours is more reasonable IMO. Remember, we're going to have wars eventually; even if you have a turnplayer available at any time of the day, 12 hours is way too small to have a cross-continental team discuss wartime moves.
After a horrible beginning in a PBEM at the spanish forum (we tried to play with 8 players ) We decide to restart the game with less players (five) and a person who plays the turn if someone fails to do it. We obviously call him The Inquisitor, and It works fine, people are afraid of him and play faster:
http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...19#post2043549
Old September 9, 2003, 09:49   #24
bongo
lifer
Emperor

What's going on in that forum, spaniards bragging about all the women they almost seduced
Old September 9, 2003, 10:11   #25
Niessuh
Deity

Well, the appearance of a real woman who plays civ has disturbed many young "members"
Old September 9, 2003, 11:55   #26
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
After further review.....(I love the NFL)....I'd say that 24 hours for the rule would be better.

But, what if we did something opposite for teams who played in under 6 hours? Like provide them with a reward of sorts? Lets say that a team plays 5 turns in a row in under 6 hours for each turn, then all the other teams have to gift 1 gold to that team. If teams do not have contact, the gold is put "on the books" and will be paid when possible.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2003, 12:02   #27
Niessuh
Deity

I think this is difficult to follow. Maybe fast teams could ask for a time extension during a complex turn
Old September 9, 2003, 12:17   #28
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I like the "instigator" idea perhaps once the 24 hour deadline passes Panzer can play the turn.
Old September 9, 2003, 13:39   #29
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Sound good for me that Panzer could be our inquisitor

The only thing for this is that he must look in each teams thread the movements they have planned

Perhaps BigFree's idea is a good one also, but I like it with Niessuh's complement.

BTW, congratulations, look like this game is reviving.

Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2003, 14:50   #30
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:22
The thing is that many of us are involved in more than one demo game.

In my case, I have heavy diplomatic duties in all three of them. Being that each game has different paces, it's impossible to juggle all duties at the same time. When the PTWDG war was being planned, I was devoting most of my time to that game and ignoring the ISDG and the PTWDG II. When PTWDG II started I was heavily involved there since few of my teammates had multi-player demo game experience at the time. Right now the ISDG needs me most which is where I'm dedicating most of my demo game time.

Things will obviously change later on. I'd probably agree that once the PTWDG war is over (with a smashing GoW-ND victory of course ) things will cool off and this game will pick up steam again.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote