Old September 10, 2003, 16:23   #31
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 04:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
with a smashing GoW-ND victory of course
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. GS & RP ain't beat yet, pal.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2003, 16:55   #32
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

inquisitor... ... ...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Panzer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2003, 04:50   #33
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:22
Sorry about this. Neither me nor Arrian have the time to play every evening and the rest of our team seems to have gone AWOL. The turn will get played after I finish work tonight.
Old September 12, 2003, 16:36   #34
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 10:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
inquisitor... ... ...
Let's make a poll for the 24h rule!
Well, one vote for each team, if not.....
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2003, 18:55   #35
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I sent the turn on several hours ago. Can't be sure if it was within 24 hours or not.
Old September 12, 2003, 19:23   #36
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Niessuh

Let's make a poll for the 24h rule!
Well, one vote for each team, if not.....
Yes, we can set a poll, but not quite yet. Lets let each team set up a poll in their own private forums, then one rep for each team will cast its vote based upon how the team vote turned out.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2003, 20:02   #37
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Our poll is done. The decision is that I will play Cake Or Death's turns.
Old September 13, 2003, 03:22   #38
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Our poll is done. The decision is that I will play Cake Or Death's turns.

Seriously though. Do we want to poll this in the public forum or have each team do their own poll and then a rep for each team can post results of the poll. We have 7 teams, so 4 yes votes would mean that the 24 hr rule would pass. Otherwise we would have to poll the entire forum and let the majority rule. We could concievably get different results for each way of doing it.

So, which way do we want to do it?

I'm in favor of letting each team decide, in their own forums.
Old September 13, 2003, 03:45   #39
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

I'm in favor of letting each team decide, in their own forums.
Old September 13, 2003, 17:36   #40
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
remember that the different teams are of different size. I'd rather have a poll in the public forum. More fair, MaST is one of the smallest teams, why should our vote count as much as teams that are twice out size?
Old September 13, 2003, 17:43   #41
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:22
Because it will be harder for you (or Monkey team) to obeyt o the 24 hour rule since your number is fairly small. If a team of 20 can't find 2-3 players to respect the rule then it's their problem (don't want to attack anyone here...) I think it's fair that one team gets one vote...

--Kon--
Konquest02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2003, 03:48   #42
BigFree
Deity

I agree with kon for the reasons he stated.
Old September 14, 2003, 05:09   #43
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
My main reason for wanting a public vote is that some teams would never get around to cast an internal vote in the first place(not MaST, we have lots of votes. So far almost all of them have been unanimous, we are the democracy experts of PTWDG2 )
Old September 14, 2003, 14:37   #44
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

If a team doesn't vote in 24h maybe I'll vote for them too

Anyways if we do this it would require each team to send their save to me. Also, can I just play it with the admin pwd I set when I set up the game? Or do I need each team's individual password

(the above paragraph is in case the vote passes)
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 14, 2003, 14:58   #45
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

You would need teams password I guess, as you have to re-set the passwords after the admin one.
Old September 14, 2003, 15:21   #46
BigFree
Deity

Yes, he would need to rest them, so, he might as well use the teams password to play it. I'm going to set a poll on whether or not this should be a public forum poll or a private forum poll.
Old September 14, 2003, 15:32   #47
Niessuh
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Anyways if we do this it would require each team to send their save to me.
What we do in the PBEM is that when the time limits exceed, the Inquisitor requests the save to the previous player (team). This way, the missing team has a little more time to react
Old September 14, 2003, 17:22   #48
Panzer32
Emperor

Keep in mind that that could lead to long delays as well.

More time to react? So they should have more than 24 hours?
---------
May God Bless.
Old September 14, 2003, 19:23   #49
Niessuh
Deity

Well, if you don't have any problem with receiving seven savegames each turn, send all the emails to you seems perfect for me

Perhaps each team can put the savegame available for you in one specific ¿private? thread
Old September 14, 2003, 20:04   #50
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Yes, I think the .sav must be posted in each team private forum's in case the inquisitor will need it.
Alexander the Great
The Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2003, 16:17   #51
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Once the slow start is endured and all the team meets each other, we'll have sunshine team trying to be nice to everyone, tabemono trying to invade every wine, cattle, wheat square on the face of the map, team mnkey slinging poo at everyone while CoD dresses up as a girl.

It will be defintely more fun than PTW#1 (after all we're not taking this one seriously arent we?)