Old September 7, 2003, 17:18   #1
Torpid
Settler

Local Time: 08:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Too little technologies?
CivIII can be one of the most fun games there is until it gets pretty late in the game, when you get into the retarded future techs that just add to your score. I want more techs; real techs! Is there a mod or patch or something that adds this? Is that even possible?
Old September 7, 2003, 17:24   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:22
If you want techs try the Double Your Pleasure mod. It comes with Play The World expansion, but there are updates around on the net. It actually has many more techs scattered throughout the entire game, not just the modern age.

Have fun.
Old September 7, 2003, 18:34   #3
vee4473
King

Local Time: 03:22
If you want more techs than the game provides, then I would say that you are the type of gamer who enjoys the game so much that you don't want it to end...ever.

Which I understand

I mean, if they doubled the techs you might say that (after the time spent researching them) they should add more and more....and more...to the point where we are either A) researching some tech that allows us to manufacture the rubber needed for miners boots, or B) researching some obscure tech that allows us to refine metal in order to produce the equipment that can manufacture a containment device to produce fuel that can power the latest space satellite... you get my point i hope.

I guess i'm saying that the amount of techs is pretty good for the game.

Although I can understand someone who truly wants some kind of historical simulator asking for many levels of minutae in the tech area.

That just would be for the minority of gamers I think who can find true minutae in historical gaming elsewhere......I think....

Old September 7, 2003, 23:17   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:22
I concur with Rhoth. Double Your Pleasure Mod rocks with technologies! You should definately check it out (just be sure to download the latest update for it).
Old September 8, 2003, 08:48   #5
fanes7
Warlord

Local Time: 08:22
yes, DYP is very good ,and it has many versions, please choice 1.00x, because it has most technologies.