Old October 17, 2003, 14:14   #331
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
/me grabs Miriam and begins dancing, all the while her yelling to stop because it's against her religion to dance.

"Everything is against your religion, I certainly don't understand how your people procreate!"

/me responds...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 17, 2003, 15:23   #332
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 08:24
/me cringes as FlameFlash is quickly slapped by Miriam, then kicked in places that really don't want to be kicked. While he rolls around on the floor, Drogue moves over to find the keys for the chopper she's had parked in our airspace for about 20 years.

"These will come in handy!" he exclaims, before strolling off to hand the keys in at the nearest military base international police station

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 17, 2003, 15:29   #333
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

/me 's parrot laughs at him.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 17, 2003, 16:50   #334
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
Maniac should already have the orders. We have been working on making some strange liquids that I think you fullhuman's will find particularly enjoyable
Do you mean the special "beer" and "wine" you ordered to celebrate the latest good news in our faction?

Anyway, would someone else be willing to become bartender? The advantage is you can spam a bit more. Unfortunately I no longer have time for that.
Old October 17, 2003, 16:56   #335
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

no time to spam? this is not possible...you will be put before a disciplinaire council to explain what you have been up to in that Real Life people are talking about
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 17, 2003, 20:48   #336
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Do you mean the special "beer" and "wine" you ordered to celebrate the latest good news in our faction?
That is it indeed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Anyway, would someone else be willing to become bartender?
I would be more than happy to up my spam count become the new bartender If that would be ok?

Old October 18, 2003, 05:56   #337
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:24
Miriam says,
"Now I am warmed up, who's next?"
Old October 18, 2003, 14:57   #338
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

*blinks*

"I beleive your next to fall, miriam!"

*Rushes miriam, and a fury of martial arts blurs the area. eventually, miriam is thrown to the ground*

"And so the angel falleth."
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old October 18, 2003, 15:25   #339
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 01:24
Atlantian feels the odd pressure and sensation of cold plasmasteel on his neck, and his brain registers the dull sound:

THWOCCKKK

Roze stands over him, nervestapler in hand ..

"How dare you do that to my pactsister," she yells.

Atlantian crumples to the floor.

Roze huddles down, cradling Miriam in her arms "there now baby, don't you worry - that's what pactsisters are for. We'll unite our forces and take down those dastardly Pirates. Come on, let's get out of here ... where are your chopper keys?"

Miriam fumbles around and eventually gives up "Rats - I must have dropped them - I seem to recall seeing that Cyborg walk off with them - and it's parked on his lawn."

Roze thinks furiosuly, then mutters into her ever present attached microphone.

"Let's go," she says. "I have a cruiser probe coming to pick us up - heeheee, those lubbers think it's just a foil, 'cos that's what's painted on its side, but we'll really fool them this time"

The shuffle out of the bar, Roze supporting the hobbling Miriam.

Meanwhile, Atlantian comes to, rubbing the back of his neck and glares balefully around, and says:

"r$ss*py f@sst kl(yy&dy mu"

The others just stare at him.
Old October 18, 2003, 16:46   #340
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

now do we get a lesibian sex scene between miriam and Roze!...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 18, 2003, 17:16   #341
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
now do we get a lesibian sex scene between miriam and Roze!...

Good grief.

(I was thinking the same thing, just decided not to voice it, Googlie, could you have made it any more like a Xena (and whatever her sidekick is)-like?)

Old October 18, 2003, 18:38   #342
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

LOL - you guys .....

Old October 19, 2003, 02:24   #343
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

*Octavian looks away....
Old October 19, 2003, 02:43   #344
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

I could have sworn googlie had a side note in his last post. While certainly interesting, I need to stop reading people's posts before they edit them.
Old October 19, 2003, 09:54   #345
Googlie
Emperor

Ah, K - quit b!tch!ng

G.
Old October 19, 2003, 20:43   #346
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
I would be more than happy to up my spam count become the new bartender If that would be ok?
What about promoting me? I say, make Drogue the new assistant bartender and me the bartender.
Old October 19, 2003, 21:34   #347
Drogue
staff

Pfft, you're never around. When was the last time you served a drink? I say do it the Hive way, poll it!

Edit: Have posted it here. Who should be the next Rec Commons Bartender?

Last edited by Drogue; October 19, 2003 at 21:41.
Old October 20, 2003, 09:46   #348
FlameFlash
Emperor

Googlie for bartender

Old October 20, 2003, 20:55   #349
Googlie
Emperor

"Make way - Hey, look out"

Eyes turned to the doorway where a couple of drone workers were wheeling in a huge console.

The general hubbub died down as the drones began to get pestered with questions.

"What gives?"

"wtf"

"Hey - it's a pinball machine. Great!"

They ignored the questions and wheeled the console to a corner, hooking it up and then flicking the "on" switch.

Several curious patrons were now crowding round, and as the lights came on, there was a gasp:

****** HYPERSMAC ****** HYPERSMAC ******

was gaudily flashing in front of their eyes.

The drones turned to leave.

"Hey, wait. What is this? Who sent it?" came the chorus.

One of the drones stopped, reached into his tunic and brought out a sheaf of papers.

"Forgot" he mumbled "Instruction manual"

He deposited it on a table, and they shuffled out.

The patrons crowded round, Jamski being the first to pick it up.

"Well, read it Man. What is it?"

He opened the manual and read:

#################################

HYPERSMAC

Introduction:

The speed smac game (to avoid brawling in the Rec Commons) has been developed for classic smac, same teams (but playing different factions – see below)

The idea isn't to compete with the ACDG, but to give team members somethign to do while waiting for the "big turn" to come round. And also to let some of the newer players have fun as well (hence it being SMAC and not SMAX)

Speed is of the essence, so as soon as you see your team’s turn uploaded, anyone get it and play it, then post to your regular private forum to say what you’ve done.

The winner will be the one with the highest smac score divided by the # hours the turn sat with that faction (so faster turnaround = higher game rating)

(yeah, right. As if I’m going to calculate every hour the game is in a faction’s hands)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teams and Factions

The Hive: really want to be democratic, so will play as Peacekeepers

The Drones: really want to be Free marketers, so will play as Morgan

The CyCon: really want to be the Hive, so will be

PEACE: really want the tech lead, so they’ll play as the University

PUT: need to learn to love Planet, so will be the Gaians

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The AI factions

Yes, they’ll be in the game, the gruesome twosome, Miriam and Corazon, suitably beefed up for a momentum charge across the Chironian steppes

(well, everyone says the AI suck by the time the builders have got going, so let’s see if they can prevent the builders even from getting going!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Game Parameters

Large map, contiguous landmasses, average everything
Co-op victory disabled – there can be only one winner
Abundant Unity Pods – produce everything
No random events
Tech steal on conquering base is enabled
CMN faststart (you’ll get 5 pods, 5 scouts and a Unity foil each – you’ll have to discover what the AI get)

Game turns should be hung in the HyperSMAC thread that I’ll start.

Passwords will be posted in the private forums

Googlie

Last edited by Googlie; October 20, 2003 at 23:37.
Old October 20, 2003, 21:07   #350
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
(yeah, right. As if I’m going to calculate every hour the game is in a faction’s hands)
Make it the job of the person that played the turn. If someone calculated it wrong (picking at differences of less than 5minutes is silly), and one of the other factions notice then +5 hours is added to their time, while -5 hours is added to the other team's time.

Say every week or so (whenever he gets around to it) googlie will copy the times into a scoreboard. This should only take 1 minute as the teams should be posting all the times they took since the last scoreboard update.

Last edited by Kody; October 20, 2003 at 23:46.
Old October 20, 2003, 21:36   #351
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
Cool idea.
Old October 20, 2003, 21:40   #352
Googlie
Emperor

Ah - it was Kody and Voltaire's idea (they have too many Hivers itching to play the turn so it'll give them something to do)
Old October 20, 2003, 21:50   #353
Kody
Emperor

I'm sure every faction has a few people that don't want to commit too much time to the game. However, the complexity of what the ACDG has become means that just to keep updated on what is going on takes the average hiver a few hours each day.

So for those citizens that don't have much time, and want to contribute they can get involved in the HYPERSMAC. Maybe 20 minutes each week reading some of the plans people have posted in their private forum, and they will be able to play a turn for the team whenever they see the turn is up.
Old October 20, 2003, 22:07   #354
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

And its fun! None of the pressure involved in the normal ACDG, no worries if you screw up.
Old October 20, 2003, 22:24   #355
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Umm....Why not just have someone put up the save in the turntracking thread, then have the next team put up their save, and calculate the different
Old October 21, 2003, 06:56   #356
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
(they have too many Hivers itching to play the turn so it'll give them something to do)
If you have too much time, why not contribute some more to the ACPSG, instead of creating games that compete for the attention of the members here?
Old October 21, 2003, 11:01   #357
Googlie
Emperor

Well, I think there are 2 types of player in this game - ones that were in the first ACDG, who enjoy the RP'ing of all being in one faction with the political parties, etc etc - and some of that group didn't like the PBEM aspect of ACDG II, so abstained.

The Police game was started in response to their complaints, and has attracted them plus a core of the ACDG II players.

Then there are the other group of ACDG II players, who want to get their feet wet with PBEM's but have been reluctant to expose themselves in a game - they joined II to follow discussions re tactics, builds, strategy, etc, and are learning much. But are a little timid in giving their views 'cos so much hangs on decisions made.

The mini-game gives them a chance to play, and nothing really hangs on the game (hence the setting it up as a sidebar, arcade game within the "big game") so consequences of mistakes are just a laugh and a giggle, with no excoriation through semi-public forums.

That was the idea behind it anyway.
Old October 21, 2003, 21:55   #358
FlameFlash
Emperor

Very cool, Goog.

Now to see when I can beat my fellow pirates to the turn...

Old October 25, 2003, 12:51   #359
Maniac

Any reason why Ming posted in one of the private fora? Are the Hive SPAM operations finally uncovered? Did the Archaic-Tassadar conflict escalate?
Old October 25, 2003, 13:09   #360
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
(cue dramatic music)

*dun dun dunnnn*