Old November 2, 2003, 10:07   #391
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
/me lifts his head painfully from the bar

Yeah, go ahead. I've been waiting in this limbo of a Rec Commons forever. No-one here, my Drone contact never really turned up with my Workers' Party badge...

/me sniffs the half-finished drink next to him and winces, pushing it away

I did see one Drone guy who told me we were meeting somewhere else, but I wasn't going to move.

/me shrugs nonchalantly

So, now I've applied somewhere else. Hopefully I'll get accepted there and I won't have to move anywhere. I think my time in this bar getting in touch with my true feelings will set me well in this group...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 2, 2003, 16:08   #392
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 02:24
/me walks in.

Any free drink left? I can never remember when the happy hours is.

MrWhereItsAt, I saw you have changed mind haven't you. I'm sure you'll find home soon this time. The bartender here has close ties with your destination.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 2, 2003, 17:13   #393
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
He has already been authorized. Isn't that quick service?
Old November 2, 2003, 19:56   #394
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:24
No slouching from the CyCon, eh?

We admire your efficinecy

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 3, 2003, 15:05   #395
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Any free drink left? I can never remember when the happy hours is.
Since it has just turned 7pm GMT, yes it is. What would you like? The new Sargassian white wine is a particularly good vintage IMHO.

/me fetches a bottle, and puts it in front of the nice young lady.

Say, we don't get many girls in here. Whatcha' doing around these parts?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 4, 2003, 09:55   #396
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

/me is worried about whether his drinking self will learn to fit in with that bunch of emotionless Cybermen

/me practices:

We have eliminated certain weaknesses. You call them emotions, do you not?

Old November 4, 2003, 10:38   #397
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks! You are so kind. I have never tried it before.

/me took a sip of the wine.

This is good. You ask me why I'm here? Well I'm kinda lost. I don't know where or whom I belong to any more. I can't find home. So I thoughy maybe I can find some clues here.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 4, 2003, 14:38   #398
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
/me pours himself a drink *

Swedish exam tomorrow. Sigh. On the other hand, in this context, it's a jolly good thing that Poly is so slow.

Jag kan få få män att göra någonting genom att göra något annat. Och så vidare.
Old November 4, 2003, 15:07   #399
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
* MrWhereItsAt is worried about whether his drinking self will learn to fit in with that bunch of emotionless Cybermen
I am both the leader of the CyCon and the current barman. Does that answer your question

Quote:
We have eliminated certain weaknesses. You call them emotions, do you not?
There was much debate about this. Some took the opinion that we were human, with a few enhancements, others that we were part human, part machine, and had no emotions but logic. We have come to a compromise whereby we have no "petty emotional foibles" such as the idea that something is disgusting simply because it is, but we use emotions as the tools they are in decision making.

We are not fullhumans, but we are still human.

Old November 4, 2003, 16:19   #400
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
Regarding our stance on emotions, it might be interesting to read the parts of our 3D Issues regarding Unimatrix 001.
Old November 4, 2003, 18:08   #401
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

But -1 growth isn't much fun is it You all know what THAT means

-Jam
Old November 6, 2003, 16:02   #402
Drogue
staff

Yes, we know what a condom is

Old November 7, 2003, 03:38   #403
Jamski
Deity

But do you ever get the chance to use any?

Yeah, condoms are banned in the Hive. Well, actually we have a rubber shortage again...

-Jam
Old November 7, 2003, 11:22   #404
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
But do you ever get the chance to use any?

Yeah, condoms are banned in the Hive. Well, actually we have a rubber shortage again...

-Jam

Watch your words, Comrade
If there was a rubber shortage, you could have read about it in PRAVDA. In fact, the Central Planning Committee has started a project called "No waste of rare ressources!", which seems to fit perfectly with the 10-children-policy
Old November 7, 2003, 15:43   #405
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Ar... we pirates have -1 growth... we certainly have our fun.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 9, 2003, 12:10   #406
Jamski
Deity

But you know what they say about navy boys... so long at sea, and only the cabin boy... That would explain fun without growth. Or perhaps its when you go on shore leave with the women from OTHER factions

-Jam
Old November 9, 2003, 15:46   #407
Drogue
staff

And I thought it was just Comrade Claire that serviced liased with lother factions

Old November 9, 2003, 23:55   #408
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

No, Comrade Claire is imprisoned staying at my home.
Old November 10, 2003, 10:21   #409
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
But you know what they say about navy boys... so long at sea, and only the cabin boy... That would explain fun without growth. Or perhaps its when you go on shore leave with the women from OTHER factions

-Jam
It'd be at ye other factions' ports... or have ye not had an influx of unwed wenches reporting for your 'welfare' programs.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 10, 2003, 19:55   #410
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
But -1 growth isn't much fun is it You all know what THAT means

-Jam
Of course we are only controlled at home. It's when we visit other factions for holidays scheduled efficiency breaks that we really, erm, let loose our petty human frustrations.

Hence the Hive's booming population.

Old November 10, 2003, 20:25   #411
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

The Hive´s the home of the prettiest women, eh?

Or more correct: The ONLY woman
Old November 11, 2003, 07:34   #412
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Octavian X, is that Reki from Haibane Renmei in your avatar?
Old November 11, 2003, 09:32   #413
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
The Hive´s the home of the prettiest women, eh?

Or more correct: The ONLY woman
Well, the only prostitutes.....

Old November 13, 2003, 12:45   #414
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Hence the Hive's booming population.
You realise that the Hive forum is quieter than this main one. I'm basically talking to myself in there

JAMSKI CALLING HIVE MEMBERS!
COME IN HIVE MEMBERS!
HELLO!

Gotta be worth shouting to see if they hear me

-Jam
Old November 13, 2003, 13:30   #415
Snowflake
Princess

Poor spamski.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 13, 2003, 13:46   #416
Micha
King

*opens up a can of pity*

*spishhhhh*

Old November 13, 2003, 14:21   #417
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:

Well, the only prostitutes.....
Jamski have you been experimenting mind control on visitors again? You know that the risk of hallucination is greater with people who are not used to it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 13, 2003, 14:37   #418
Jamski
Deity

AHA! I see two Hive citizens! The shouting was loud enough

Get back in the tunnels! You don't belong out here, return to the spam factories of the Hive! Serve the common good! I'm lonely in there on my own

-Jam
Old November 13, 2003, 14:41   #419
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
AHA! I see two Hive citizens!
Jamski you are not having hallucination symptoms yourself are you?

/me moves one finger in front of Jamski's eyes.
How many fingers do you see?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 13, 2003, 15:33   #420
Jamski
Deity

I see ONE finger, just like the ONE person that still posts in the Hive forum

-Jam