Old November 17, 2003, 13:00   #451
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ok your life can be spared now. Some nervestapling though is still good for your health.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 15:17   #452
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Ok your life can be spared now. Some nervestapling though is still good for your health.
/me sits back to watch the odd Hiveian nerve staple ritual...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 17, 2003, 17:31   #453
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
Ah A good old common or garden dust up. But good to see some activity among our friends in the Hive.

So who is your Ambassador now.
Old November 17, 2003, 17:34   #454
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Cap'n Hercules profers a dirk or two to duelling Hiverian posters.
Old November 17, 2003, 17:35   #455
Hercules
Deity

Now if only the PUT could re activated. I have given up on the Drones.
Old November 17, 2003, 17:47   #456
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Now if only the PUT could re activated.
Gameplay- wise, RP- wise or both?
Old November 17, 2003, 17:48   #457
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Cap'n Hercules profers a dirk or two to duelling Hiverian posters.
/me accepts a dirk from the Good Cap'n.

Ahh it sure feels good to do some exercising. Nothing beats home.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 17:53   #458
Snowflake
Princess

Ambassador huh? How about we all go for a diplomatic victory while we are at it? The team game would end with such elegancy. Much better than God Tass's plan isn't it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 18:24   #459
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 03:24
Herc, sorry if we Drones haven't responded. I wasn't aware of any problem. See this post in the ambassador thread:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...65#post2492871
Old November 17, 2003, 19:46   #460
Hercules
Deity

Minute Mirage: Both I suppose. There was a time you could hardly open a thread in the acdg without Archaic posting but I guess he isn't as strong on the RP side (provocation) and I haven't noticed GT posting in this forum for ages.

However maybe its true that they are caught up with academic requirements, afterall they are the Uni.

Or maybe all the exchanges in the 'resigning' incident have p****d people off.
Old November 17, 2003, 19:55   #461
Hercules
Deity

jtsisyoda: Now if you could just get one or two fellow Drones to sign up to the Hypersmac game, we'd be flying.
Old November 18, 2003, 03:46   #462
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:

Or maybe all the exchanges in the 'resigning' incident have p****d people off.
Speaking of p*****g people off, I'm rather fed up with the Hive at the moment. First they take five days to play the turn, then they post a few different versions of the turn, and then they keep changing their mind as to which is the right one. I hope some one else in the PUT is going to play the turn because I'm not going to bother with it anymore.
Old November 18, 2003, 08:27   #463
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:24
Hey - don't blame the Hive.

The right one was always the right one.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 18, 2003, 09:12   #464
Hercules
Deity

Cap'n Hercules enters stage left with more dirks and cutlasses. I think Googlie should adjudicate.

From the outside ( despite Tass's observation), it looks like this:

Voltaire is still Chairman (but may be subject to coup attempt as is the Hive way). However he also mysteriously lost his authorisation powers and so as Honghu somehow got mysteriously de-authorised (any others?). Only Ming, it seems can authorise her back.

The absence of Hiverians left Jamski in charge waiting for Marshal to appear to play the turn. but Marshal (Rosskovsky is it?) was incapacitated (not decapitated).

Kody tried to oblige by playing the turn. Unfortunately as he left voluntarily a while back he is not a member of the Hive at that and this point in time ( though we all want him back when he's ready). I don't think he disputes Jamski's posted turn as the legitimate one.

Meanwhile the un moderated moderator Voltaire ssems to have misinterpreted a Jamski comment and ruled that an ex Hive players posted turn ( kody's) was the legitimate one.

Sure this is better than any soap. 'Hivebours' are not good friends.

btw tell us more about all this de authorisation stuff.

Meanwhile Minute Mirage is getting more p******d off by the minute.

Cap'n Hercules calls Pirate maties to come witness the brawl.

Thrust and parry, watch that left, Ohhhhhhhh. that hurt I'l be sure.
Old November 18, 2003, 10:16   #465
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I think my coup is being put on hold, pending high-level talks. As the whole Hive is too busy in-fighting to actually command the Hive, the day-to-day management has been sub-contracted out to Kody on a per-turn basis.

Meanwhile, my impact rovers are advancing on The Hive, cheering, and calling for the head of someone on a stick. Anyone.

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 11:07   #466
Snowflake
Princess

Dear Chairman, sorry to drag this into public since I'm still not authorized. But let me respectfully say that you have made a bad decision. A good dictator should know how to control a situation, not to blow it apart. A good political leader should try to unite people around him, not to drive them away.

The turn from Jamski is the only legitimate one. Kody's erred but he did so for the love of Hive so he should be praised but his turn should not be considered. Kody is not a Hiver currently, it should not be allowed into the game. Just as PEACE, or CC cannot hire or invite Buster, or Googlie, or vel, or whoever else to do a turn for them. Furthermore, even if Kody has been reauthorized into the team again, he posted later than Jamski. Hive needs to honor it's own decision, whatever discussion that needs to be made should be made in the private forum. It is laughable if Minute Mirage does a turn then 10 minutes later GT post another turn and then they try to fight for which turn should be used in public while the team after it are forced to change back and force. Yes what if the turn's done in a hurry and there were mistakes. We Hiver is an honorable faction. If we can't live with a few mistakes of our own and honor our decision, we deserve to be eliminated. (And there I was trying to suggest that we all unite behind Hive as the supreme leader.)

The last, Jamski's the deputy chairman for god's d**m sake! If a deputy chairman cannot do what he is suppose to do, what do we need a deputy chairman for!

I am so disappointed of you Jamski, for you are so easy to abandon the right and abide the wrong.

Chairman, when somebody had expressed dissenting opinions, the wisest thing is not to go all out to punish him using your authority dispite the interest of the party, risking the Hive being ridiculed and distrusted. A good leader would praise all the initiatives, show them your kindness, tolerance, and superiouness. You may choose to punish whoever that needs to be punished later in the right moment when people has forgotten about it.

Please accept this as my dissenting opinion. Currently I'm still not orthorized so officially I'm still not a Hiver. (For Cap'n Herclues I chose to leave for RL work awhile ago.) So you guys can discard my opinion. However be assured I will fight for what I believe to be right if ever I am authorized into the team. Or you could choose to block me, don't allow me into the private forum. But it will be the Hive's loss, believe me.

You can still do the right thing. A person cannot make sure he never make mistakes. But he can admit that he's made a mistake and correct it and still be considered a wise person.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; November 18, 2003 at 11:20.
Old November 18, 2003, 13:36   #467
Jamski
Deity

HongHu, your mailbox is full (again) but I'll post it again here :

You're a great person to have in my corner Go Tiger, go HongHu!

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 19:52   #468
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
Don't blame the hive. There's just some hiccups as they figure out how to get things running again. Things always have to get worse before they get better.

Jamski was correct in saying I was hired as an consultant to help with turns 2145 and 2146. Although I was never supposed to actually do the turn directly.

One side of the arguement is that I'm not supposed to do the turn. The other side of the arguement is that I actually knew what was going on.

PS: The work involved in hive internal management was a thankless time consuming job that nobody recongised.
Old November 18, 2003, 19:55   #469
Hercules
Deity

Crikey a hired gun.
Old November 18, 2003, 21:38   #470
Jamski
Deity

Although because we don't use money in the Hive, Kody is being paid in cloned Japanese Schoolgirls.

-Jam
Old November 18, 2003, 22:41   #471
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

I still lurk. Interesting events...
Old November 18, 2003, 23:34   #472
Hercules
Deity

Hercules sets himself up as a hired sword or should I say Samurai.

Swish. swash, buckle
Old November 19, 2003, 01:33   #473
Snowflake
Princess

/me finally got in the door. No cheers of reunion or kugs of xenorum. What welcomes her is scattered bodies and sad motionless eyes. What a bloody scene. My poor poor Hive.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 01:36   #474
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody

PS: The work involved in hive internal management was a thankless time consuming job that nobody recongised.
I do. Although that doesn't count anything.

What have happened in the Hive has to be blamed on the Hive leaderships. Sadly.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 05:55   #475
Jamski
Deity

Sad, but true

BTW, good to have you back in the Hive HongHu

My trial will be happening sometime today

-Jam
Old November 19, 2003, 06:52   #476
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

wrong phase, three cycles too late ...
Old November 19, 2003, 10:25   #477
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Vev, please report to the Hive. The party needs you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 19, 2003, 10:50   #478
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Cap'n Hercules calls Pirate maties to come witness the brawl.

Thrust and parry, watch that left, Ohhhhhhhh. that hurt I'l be sure.
/me sits back to watch.

Quote:
Meanwhile, my impact rovers are advancing on The Hive, cheering, and calling for the head of someone on a stick. Anyone.
Anyone!?

Quote:
we deserve to be eliminated.

Quote:
Crikey a hired gun.
And aren't we hired swords and parrots?

Quote:
Although because we don't use money in the Hive, Kody is being paid in cloned Japanese Schoolgirls.
Ah, the Kass way!

Quote:
Hercules sets himself up as a hired sword or should I say Samurai.

Swish. swash, buckle
Herc, did you forget to dry your pants again after wrestling with the sealurks?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 19, 2003, 12:07   #479
Jamski
Deity

Yeah we borrowed a few from Kassi. He's got so many we figured he wouldn't miss a few of the less used ones.

-Jam
Old November 19, 2003, 15:18   #480
FlameFlash
Emperor

That one is less used!?