Old September 11, 2003, 14:17   #121
aneeshm
King

Local Time: 13:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think he restored power wherever any substations were left after the bombing . Pls. correct me if I'm wrong here .
Old September 11, 2003, 14:19   #122
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 04:27
What's your backup for that assertion?
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old September 11, 2003, 14:23   #123
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 03:27
aneeshm... check your PM's.

Next time a mod deletes one of your threads, I would suggest you don't repost it. BYE!
Old September 11, 2003, 14:27   #124
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:27
Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
Saddam hadn't restored power fully 12 years after the end of Gulf War I.
Agreed. He diverted power from the other cities in order that Baghdad would have power 24/7. The Coalition spread power evenly so that everyone had the same amount thus every city but Baghbad had more while only Baghdad had less. BTW by repairing power plants which have been down for 12 years the US now has more power in EVERY part of Iraq then Saddam had before the war. That's right in 4 months they've done more then Saddam could do in 12 years.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 11, 2003, 15:27   #125
Xeones
Warlord

Local Time: 03:27
paitkis kind of summed up how i see this "war on terrorism":

"bottom line they dont care about international terrorism, they dont follow any principles of human rights and democracy, they just want to keep their own people safe and keep pushing their interests, whatever the cost to the others, unless it becomes too high for them as well."

although i am cynical enough to go farther than that... i doubt that the people in charge of america really care about keeping americans safe (and most *certainly* do not care 2 cents about anyone outside america's borders.) from all i have read, they let 9/11 happen. they are 'allied' with governments who were involved (saudi arabia). they do all they can to prevent investigations into 9/11, public info, freedoms, and so on. they care only for remaining in control and gaining more of it. right now the war suits that, so voila! they don't intend to win the war on terror. indeed they are an active participant in worldwide terrorism.