Old September 22, 2003, 12:56   #31
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Local Time: 08:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have been waiting for Emugod to come online (msn)

but I havent reached him...

Nobody has ever told me clearly how the hell does a DG work!! And so on. I dont want to bother you guys. Im just interested joining this but why should I if I dont understand it
Old September 22, 2003, 14:02   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:29
censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 22:57.
Old September 22, 2003, 23:53   #33
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Lots of things are clear to me now (thanks), but that doesnt explain citizenship.
Old September 23, 2003, 01:01   #34
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

I think citizenship is just that you are on the official role. I think it's similiar to the list you will find on the Red Front Party List

I also assume you would have joined the demo-group for Exodus to get citizenship(it's a little icon that indicates you are in the group, see the artist thread )
Old September 23, 2003, 08:29   #35
Nilat
King

I would love to be a part of this, but I really just dont get it. I know all of these voting and minister things and stuff.
I dont get how to actually join a DG and be a part of it (not a big role )
Old September 23, 2003, 13:21   #36
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:29
You join by posting in the forum. You play by voting in the polls and forwarding suggestions and discussing issues of state.

It ain't that hard.
Old September 23, 2003, 13:44   #37
Nilat
King

Ill just hang around here and say: Yup, I agree and stuff? (I said it like this cause It sounds so stupid )
Old September 23, 2003, 16:48   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Stalin II
Ill just hang around here and say: Yup, I agree and stuff? (I said it like this cause It sounds so stupid )
hi ,

yep thats it , .....

in short it comes to building the game ( read playing ) as a team , .....

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

have a nice day
Old September 23, 2003, 17:00   #39
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 22:59.
Old September 23, 2003, 23:46   #40
Nilat
King

I have learned many things now but I still have a "im not so sure" feeling
Old September 26, 2003, 07:30   #41
Nilat
King

Do you guys need people?
Old September 26, 2003, 15:08   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Stalin II
Do you guys need people?
Is the Pope, Polish?

Of course we do!
Old September 27, 2003, 00:00   #43
Nilat
King

The pope is polish, im in
Old October 6, 2003, 05:18   #44
SABRA
Civilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Warlord

Seems like a some fun, count me in.
Old October 6, 2003, 05:34   #45
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

What's a pope?

Old October 6, 2003, 13:51   #46
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 03:29
At the risk of being laughed at since I actually thought this might have been a serious question.

The pope is the leader of the Catholic Church, he lives in Rome and is really old.
Old October 20, 2003, 16:09   #47
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:29
Unsticking this because I don't want more than 4 threads to be 'sticked' (that causes problems, IIRC)
Old October 20, 2003, 16:11   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yep good idea we ahrdly use this one anymore but the turn thread will be used all the time, thanks
Old February 11, 2004, 12:06   #49
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 18:29
pity it not stickied as a friendly welcome is always a good start ....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old April 28, 2004, 05:47   #50
AGRICOLA
King

I have been following your game with a great deal of interest since its inception. Fascinating. I finally downloaded Exodus II scen and Yaroslav's .scen mod a few days ago. I played for a few turns before realizing that there was a file missing in the zip.

The readme lists Terrain2 as one of the files that should be in the zip. It's not. Consequently, rivers don't show on some terrain types and irrigated hills and plains look identical. I went back to vanilla Civ II Terrains 1 & 2 and am getting used to the idea that lumps of coal represent sheep on a hillside. Any help or ideas on this?

This is in the "FO and MYOB" category, but I'm a bit surprised that Zion Workers and Kibbutzniks have not been busy changing the terrain of front line cities to forest. The 50% defensive bonus really cuts casualties in the Golan, Eilat, W Jerusalem and elsewhere.

Also, using the Mossad unit to subvert Palestinian cities completely unbalances the scen. The Palestinians are so poor (121 gold in your Aug. '48 save) that, if they lose East Jerusalem, it is dirt cheap to subvert the rest of their cities.

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Last edited by AGRICOLA; April 28, 2004 at 16:33.
Old May 4, 2004, 10:11   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by AGRICOLA
I have been following your game with a great deal of interest since its inception. Fascinating. I finally downloaded Exodus II scen and Yaroslav's .scen mod a few days ago. I played for a few turns before realizing that there was a file missing in the zip.

The readme lists Terrain2 as one of the files that should be in the zip. It's not. Consequently, rivers don't show on some terrain types and irrigated hills and plains look identical. I went back to vanilla Civ II Terrains 1 & 2 and am getting used to the idea that lumps of coal represent sheep on a hillside. Any help or ideas on this?

This is in the "FO and MYOB" category, but I'm a bit surprised that Zion Workers and Kibbutzniks have not been busy changing the terrain of front line cities to forest. The 50% defensive bonus really cuts casualties in the Golan, Eilat, W Jerusalem and elsewhere.

Also, using the Mossad unit to subvert Palestinian cities completely unbalances the scen. The Palestinians are so poor (121 gold in your Aug. '48 save) that, if they lose East Jerusalem, it is dirt cheap to subvert the rest of their cities.
Interesting analysis.

Why dont you join us?

Read up on the three parties and join one

One Israel
Harmony
Center

All three have a thread in this forum.

Also for the rest of us, what gives with this extra terrain file?

Can one of our scenario designers look into this?
Old May 4, 2004, 12:46   #52
Arthedain
staff

I've replaced almost all of the terrains with terrains that I've compiled anyways, so I don't have this problem..
Old May 4, 2004, 12:48   #53
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthedain
I've replaced almost all of the terrains with terrains that I've compiled anyways, so I don't have this problem..
Care to share them?
Old May 5, 2004, 00:47   #54
AGRICOLA
King

I truly appreciate your invitation and will take it up when I hope to have Internet access again, maybe in a month or so.

We are embarking on our annual spring migration back to Canada. There, although we are less than 3 klicks from a highway, the phone monopoly has consistently refused to put in a land line except for an exorbitant price. Their attitude changed suddenly 2 years ago when Ottawa put a gun to their head and told them to provide all Canadians, no matter how remote, with Internet access by 2006. All of a sudden the impossible became possible. The main telephone line is in but it will probably take a month to wire up the cottage and find a decent local ISP.

One additional comment about Exodus. The 3000 shekel random event is by far the most important source of Israeli funds. It seemed to me that players like Lucky Larry can end up with a great deal more money than Louie the Loser who keeps rolling snakeyes. In effect, how the scen plays is very dependent on a random event. Not liking that and unwilling to reload, I levelled the playing field by adding a 400 shekel monthly event and reduced the random bonanza to 1000. I think the change makes for a fairer game, too bad that the author no longer appears to be active in Civ2.

Thanks again for the invitation.

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.
Old May 5, 2004, 01:03   #55
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Yeah, we do kinda cross our fingers with that.
Old May 5, 2004, 14:32   #56
Arthedain
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25 Care to share them?
Hope anyone doesn't mind me doing so..
Okay you can always edit this and make it better and post it, I've just changes some and took some terrains that I like (mostly Favoured Flight's). Somebody should update the units/cities.

I posted it in "the modified scen" thread.

Last edited by Arthedain; May 5, 2004 at 14:40.