Old December 30, 2003, 00:36   #61
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 02:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thanks Comrade Oct for passing that message. I must have been absent minded. Last time I checked (last night) I have not received that message. I have not checked my email today yet.

This issue is quite crucial although peace had already posted the turn so I suppose it is too late to talk about it now.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 30, 2003, 02:53   #62
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:30
Jamski's proposal gets my support.
Well the turn's up anyway so it doesn't matter...
Still if the Pirates are going to be conquered anyway...
Old December 30, 2003, 10:07   #63
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:30
Let's form a united front E_N and push for action!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 30, 2003, 13:35   #64
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Well this makes it official.
I'm looking at the turn and what I'm seeing isn't pretty...
PEACE have performed a reload.

In other news the CyCon have performed a 'with us or against us' move. See it in the CyCon thread.
Old December 30, 2003, 17:28   #65
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

CC is ok. See my comments in the other threads.

We still need to decide how we should shape our peace relationship though.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 30, 2003, 18:16   #66
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 01:30
I had hoped to remain neutral in this conflict, perhaps profit off of the war if we could, but neutrality was paramount. But the CyCon are trying to force our hand, PEACE has been diplomatic with us in their attempts to have them join their side and in fact they have been in a pact with us for sometime now and have not broken it nor given us a cause to break it, IMO the CyCon threat shows clearly how we need to approach them. They have threatened the Hive, and let them declare vendetta upon us, it will simply force us into this war on the side of PEACE.
Old December 30, 2003, 18:24   #67
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

If we join the side of PEACE, it will be entirely YOUR desicion, Mr Chairman, and not the will of the people. Do you think they will stand for yet another betrayal of thier democratic rights?

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 19:29   #68
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

You are the last person who should speak of betrayal ex-Deputy Chairman. The people are divided, do not attempt to use this division to push the views of your extremist fringe group.
Old December 30, 2003, 19:44   #69
Jamski
Deity

3 votes from three = 50%

That's not a fringe group.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 19:59   #70
Voltaire
King

In an unofficial poll, not a binding referendum. Furthermore, 3 votes from 26, hardly a majority.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:02   #71
Jamski
Deity

I see three votes from 6. Most major western countries have small turnouts at the polls, and yet these elections are binding. Why is this not the same in the Hive?

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 20:04   #72
Voltaire
King

Well for one we're not a Western country and we have a Centralized Proletariat Dictatorship under the vanguard of the Central Continuing Committee.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:20   #73
Jamski
Deity

And two this is a democracy game, and perhaps more than 4 people wish to participate.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 20:52   #74
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

I'd cast my vote for peace if you really want it to be more even. However, I rarely cast my vote until all facts and opinions have been accounted for. Sometimes my official stance changes.
Old December 30, 2003, 21:07   #75
Jamski
Deity

Let's bring it together folks. And wait what the official message from the CyCOn is.

-Jam
Old December 31, 2003, 18:06   #76
Voltaire
King

Word from CyCon on the issue:
Quote:
The CyCon has said nothing of the sort. We have specifically said we do not expect you to join in the war against PEACE. I must ask who the source was?

- Drogue
The official reply is here. Now it's time for the official investigation.
Old January 1, 2004, 11:42   #77
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

The information has changed.
I still advocate milking CyCon for Cruisers, Amphibs and Impact.
Adaptive Econ would be nice

They could give us that to help them or we go help the pirates (sound fair?)
Old January 8, 2004, 00:24   #78
Snowflake
Princess

I have received email communications from Cap'n Hercules:

Quote:
Dear esteemed Comrade Honghu,

Due to work and other commitments Ambassador Flubber has stepped down temporarily. Pending the election of a new ambassador for the Pirates, I am the acting Ambassador ( and you may also be contacted by Maki (our turn player), acting in a similar capacity.

Anyhow the purpose of the call is to enquire as to how we can enlist your assistance in our battle with the Borg. And if so what sort of assistance you feel you could offfer.

Yours

Cap'n Hercules

PS Could you please forward this to whomever is your Ambassador. ( I still don't have Voltaire's email address?) and I am not a big fan of PMs.
I have forwarded this to Chairman Voltaire but thought that I should post this now because we may want to discuss this issue as soon as possible.

My reply to Hercules:
Quote:
Dear Cap'n Hercules,

I have forwarded your message to Chairman Voltaire and will post your message to the Hive Forum. The Hive is currently having some internal chaos due to a recent riot and the ongoing government restruction. However I will personally ensure that your message gets delivered and discussed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 8, 2004, 00:49   #79
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

How much are we bound to the cycon? I don't support allying ourselves to the cycon and quietly assisting the pirates too.

From the looks of things peace will get destroyed or seriously crippled if they don't receive assistance soon.

The things we would be interested in from the peace are.
1. adaptive economics (for PEG)
2. their maps
3. peace as a submissive to the hive

Things we may be able to give them assuming we don't have our hands tied by the cycon.
1. ecological engineering
2. a needlejet prototype (maybe turn 2156 or 2157 to arrive in one of their bases)
3. full protection from their enemies + a base or two to prevent them from being destoryed if they become submissive.

The drones can possibly give them HEC, but they need to negotiate that with the drones.

I thought about sending them a plasma armor prototype (which we have now). However, a needlejet would arrive much sooner due to transport time.

TYPO FIXED BY ENIGMA_NOVA

Last edited by Enigma_Nova; January 8, 2004 at 01:13.
Old January 8, 2004, 00:51   #80
Kody
Emperor

I estimate that the core bases of the peace will all be taken over in about 7 turns. Peace may be completely destoryed in 12 turns if the cycon decide to hunt all the bases down.
Old January 8, 2004, 01:18   #81
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Do you think they have a shot at probing the CyCon for Doc:Init before they go down?
We might need to get a unit there right away!
The foil we just built in New Moscow - we can upgrade that to a missile, or possibly a plasma, and send it over right away!
Or, we can simply wait for a plasma missile noodle and move it over.
No doubt the CyCon will see what's going on when a noodle disappears from Hive forces and appears in PEACE forces, then Adaptive Econ / Doc:Init appear in Hive tech files.
Old January 8, 2004, 01:26   #82
Kody
Emperor

Pirates already have Doc: Init, they were the first faction to get that tech.

Actually the southern dodgem car can be sent to the pirates and upgraded to plasma. It may be able to make it in time to make a difference.

However, last time I checked we're netural in this war, and our relationship with the cycon is stronger than with the peace.
Old January 8, 2004, 04:13   #83
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

What's the tech for Perims again?
If we send em that, and our plasma armor, they just might be able to hold them off.

But I figure we'd have to:
Get our turn
Upgrade the dodgem car
Turn it over
all in one turn, so the CyCon doesn't notice what we have done.

I wonder how long until Drones can send us that missilejet...
Old January 8, 2004, 04:32   #84
Kody
Emperor

First this needs hive approval. This isn't just a case of what can we give to the pirates. This is the case of we're working against the cycon who we're currently in a pact of friendship (I think, I actually have no clue as the diplomancy just stopped when hive went into riots).
Old January 8, 2004, 08:00   #85
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:30
Well, my appreciation of the CyCon has dropped somewhat during the last week, and right now I feel it would be an honour to step in and turn the tide. However, we are too weak to actually participate, so our only option is gifting the PEACE techs and units.

Our recent internal troubles could be used as a roleplay source, say a second revolution of hardcore-communists has taken over control, and now the former administrationīs foreign policy becomes obsolete...

Just a suggestion, though. I donīt think the Pirates can get rescued in time without us and/or the drones joining the war actively.
Old January 8, 2004, 08:05   #86
Jamski
Deity

I've put up a poll to collect opinions on this new issue.

-Jam
Old January 8, 2004, 13:18   #87
Snowflake
Princess

I have sent Hercules a PM based on my thought in the other PEACE thread.
Quote:
Dear Cap'n, I realize that I have asked this in the past but I thought perhaps it would help if the Hive and the PEACE correspondences could chat a little through MSN regarding the PEACE issue. There have been some suggestions but we may need to get a feel from the PEACE regarding what kind of options may be receptible to you before we issue any official response to you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 9, 2004, 00:46   #88
Snowflake
Princess

Hercules PM:
Quote:
Ok I 'll try. I am not very MSN savvy. So I need a little guidance and a time.
Voltaire or anybody else wants to contact him? I'll be busy this weekend since it is the last weekend that Shang will be home before he leaves for Iraq for one year.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 9, 2004, 00:53   #89
Kody
Emperor

I'll try.
Old January 9, 2004, 01:47   #90
Kody
Emperor

Honghu asked for someone to give Hercules information on getting MSN.

Quote:
Hi there Herc,

http://messenger.msn.com/Download/OS.aspx

Choose an operating system then download and install.

You'll need to sign up an email address, any email address you have access to will do (most people use a junk email address that they never check). Follow the instructions it shouldn't be too hard.

Now to add new people.
On the MSN window there should be a filebar "Contacts" and under that filebar "Add Contacts...". Add the following two msn contacts.

(Kody)
"*****@******"

(Voltaire)
"****@******"

When you get on please tell us who you are. Voltaire will deal with more long term relations issues. I will deal with which techs or trades the hive would be interested in.

Hopefully after discussions we can get some better ideas on trade.
Voltaire will probably discuss pirate relations and bring up the possibility of peace becoming submissive.

I will be seeing if the hive can get adaptive economics so we can get the Planetary Energy Grid.