Old January 9, 2004, 12:04   #91
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 02:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thank you Kody. I assume you are still planing to chat with Hercules right?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 9, 2004, 14:36   #92
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I will see if I can find time to chat with Hercules in addition to Voltaire since Kody will not be doing this for us now. Would somebody else be interested in this round of communication?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 17:37   #93
Snowflake
Princess

Since it seems that nobody was able to really talk to the PEACE I've written a message to the PEACE. Please read it and comment. I will send it out once I got approvement from you, the people.

Quote:
Dear Cap’n Hercules,

Seeing that it had not been successful for us to establish contact through MSN channels I decided that I should take another approach. The topic is sensitive but we are running out of time so I feel that waiting will not be beneficial to either of us. Please be assured that we the Hive has the best intentions toward PEACE, our pact brothers. And please forgive us if any of the suggestions below has violated the spirits of the courageous and fearless captains.

It is the consensus in the Hive that we are not happy to see a war between the two pact brothers of the Hive. It will be a great loss to the Hive as well as all people in the planet if any of the factions is denied their rights to live and develop. The Hive has determined that it will offer help to the PEACE in its hardest time.

What is still a question is how the Hive could do its best to help PEACE while maintaining its integrity. Two basic approaches have been proposed. According to the first approach, the Hive will be able to provide limited help to the PEACE through trading. The PEACE has techs that the Hive desires, such as Adaptive Economics (and perhaps Doc: Initiatives and others). The most needed tech that may help the PEACE we believe are HEC (+3 armor) and Doc: Loyalty (defense perimeter). We do not have HEC however we do have prototyped units with +3 armors. It is proposed that if the PEACE sent us Adap Eco and a cruiser, we could upgrade a foil that is currently rather close to your territory to plasma and transfer it to you with the tech Loyalty. This is normal tech trading that has been observed among all factions and by doing this the Hive considers it has not violated its agreement to the CCs by assisting its enemy faction. Although, it is expected that the CCs is likely to think differently.

Another approach would perhaps enable the Hive to assist the PEACE to the maximum degree. If the PEACE is willing to become a submissive faction to the Hive, the Hive will then be free to adopt all means to stop the CC aggression since now an attack to the PEACE will be an attack to the Hive. We then can apply political pressure to the CyCons to honor the pact agreement and stop the their aggressive effort. We can also ask the other pact brother of us, the Drones, to assist you with military techs. We are also planning to request a ruling from the planetary councils to condemn the war. In other words, we will help you using everything that we have, techs, production abilities, energy credits… This will mean more integrated development of the two factions in the future. However, the PEACE will still be an individual team where you make independent decisions regarding the development of PEACE in your own private forum, with perhaps a Hive ambassador being accepted in your forum.

We the Hive values the captains of the PEACE team as honorable and courageous warriors who will fight to their last drop of blood. We understand that the second proposal would be a hard decision for you to make. However, we feel that it may be the best way for us to give you the fullest assistant. It will give us rights to counter the CyCons while not violating the integrity principles that we have upheld for so long. We would understand if the PEACE feels that it is not ready to enter such an agreement and opts to interact with us on ground of the first suggested approach.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With regards

Comrade HongHu
On behalf of the Human Hive

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 18:40   #94
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:30
We wait for an answer.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 13, 2004, 19:06   #95
Snowflake
Princess

I'm sending it now.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 20:06   #96
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:30
Now I´m very curious what they say... submissive... such a wonderful word...
Old January 14, 2004, 00:42   #97
Snowflake
Princess

Hercules PM:
Quote:
Comrade Honghu,

Thank you for your communique. It is being warmly considered by the council of captains.

(my own computer is unconnected atm but hopefully will be back tomorrow - actually it better be.)

btw please advise of status of Comrade Enigma within current Hive faction.
My reply:
Quote:
Comrade Enigma is a valued Hive member, who is very motivated and capable. He will become one of the main turn players in the upcoming turns. Currently the Hive is (again) undergoing reconstruction of the government so no official position is assigned to anybody. Therefore, while communication of Comrade Enigma may represents his own suggestions at times, his idea will become the official one of the Hive if it gets approved. So please feel free to work with him to come out with the best deals for both of our factions.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 04:37   #98
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:30
Excellent.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 14, 2004, 13:44   #99
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like the first proposal may not work for the foil is actually quite far away from the PEACE.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 15:41   #100
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:30
Good. We were aiming for the second one anyway
Old January 16, 2004, 12:04   #101
Snowflake
Princess

Email from Hercules

Quote:
Greetings dear Comrades of the Hive.

We welcome yer communications

After consultation with the captains council ( much xenorum swilling) we
bees minded to trade Adaptive Economics for Res ( 3) is it? and then SFF
when discovered. Least that's what I understand to be what yer saying,
But we can discuss the detail bewteen now and the next turn I suppose.
Are the Drones on board with the deal or parts of it.?

The Submissive option was ' dirked' by the good captains.

We look forward to more detailed negotiations.

May your Hive children be fertile

Cap'n Hercules

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 12:07   #102
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like the "submissive" idea didn't fly. May be we could wait some more. When they are hanging on the last few bases they may feel differently. However they would be less of use to us also.

I think perhaps a better idea is to suggest them directly negotiate with Drones to get HEC and/or SFF and let Drones have the adaptive eco and PEG. Any thoughts?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 13:43   #103
Snowflake
Princess

My post at Drones embassy:

Quote:
Since they have rejected the second proposal and the first proposal doesn't really work without Drones, I'm thinking perhaps I should suggest to the PEACE to directly negotiate with you. You could obtain Adap Eco from them and build PEG before the CC has a chance to grab it. What's your opinion about this buster?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 21:32   #104
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:30
No I don't think so.
I'd rather the CyCon have the PEG than the Drones.

We'll probably conquer the CyCon, and get the PEG (or at least see it burn).
The Drones (while our permipact allies) are still powerful, and stand to gain more power if they get that SP.

I am, after all, planning to be a selfish player and take SPs and land right from them.
(Cyborg Factory? Uni land? Just to name a few...)
I'd rather they not have the nescesary power to fight us.

We should string the CyCon along, because Hive vs. CyCon + Drones will not be easy... we'll need to conquer one without the support of the other. (Personally leaning towards Hive conquers CyCon)
Old January 17, 2004, 04:11   #105
Snowflake
Princess

I don't understand why it would be Hive vs. CyCon + Drones. I thought it would be Hive + Drones vs. whoever.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 17, 2004, 04:16   #106
Snowflake
Princess

Email to Hercules:
Quote:
Got your message and posted in the Hive. The first approach does not seem to work since the foil was still pretty far from you. I have attempted to contact Drones solicitate their help. I suggest you also directly contact
them for potentially trading HEC and SFF. Depending on the circumstances we might be able to give you Loyalty as a gift if you like.

Hong

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 17, 2004, 10:40   #107
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I don't understand why it would be Hive vs. CyCon + Drones. I thought it would be Hive + Drones vs. whoever.
It involves us, Secret projects, and a few ticked off drones.
Not to mention that Rat laurentius suggesting an attack on The Hive by either the CyCon, the Drones, or both.
Not that I believe that swine... but it's better safe than sorry.
Old January 18, 2004, 00:43   #108
Snowflake
Princess

So you mole suggested that the CC had tried to coordinate an attack with the Drones against us? Just want to make it clear. My head is very simple, you need to talk to me in plain language.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 18, 2004, 04:59   #109
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Note that said 'mole' may be lying.
That is what he claimed.

He actually claimed that The Drones were going to attack The Hive, and that The CyCon were going to help The Drones if we made a move against them.

Personally I don't believe him.
I reckon, right after we get MMI, we should 'fake vendetta' with the drones. That is, set our stance to vendetta, build copters, but do not aim to harm each-other.
That way, we get more surprise when we attack our common enemies, and it -really- tests where the loyalties lie when it comes to other factions and the Hive-Drones allegience.

I'm going to find the Drones thread and make such a post.