Old September 10, 2003, 02:27   #1
Turrosh Mak
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Diplomacy questions
While playing my latest game, some random diplomacy formula questions came to mind:

1. If I have workers from another nation, do I get a negative hit every turn for each one one I have "under the yoke", or some other penalty (or no penalty at all)?

2. If I sign a peace treaty with a nation, then 3 turns later they sign a MPP with a separate nation I'm fighting, do I get an "oath breaker" penalty when they redeclare war? Or do they get an "oathbreaker" with the other AI?

3. Does the AI get annoyed (negative modifier) if I contact them several times in a single turn (like in MoO1-2 and MoM)?

4. If I wipe out the target of an alliance before the alliance goes 20 years, does my partner consider that a broken treaty (with oathbreaker penalties)?
Old September 10, 2003, 04:30   #2
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 09:30
Re: Diplomacy questions
Quote:
Originally posted by Turrosh Mak
While playing my latest game, some random diplomacy formula questions came to mind:

1. If I have workers from another nation, do I get a negative hit every turn for each one one I have "under the yoke", or some other penalty (or no penalty at all)?
Yes.

Quote:
2. If I sign a peace treaty with a nation, then 3 turns later they sign a MPP with a separate nation I'm fighting, do I get an "oath breaker" penalty when they redeclare war? Or do they get an "oathbreaker" with the other AI?
I am not sure, but I would say you get the negative points, as you are the attacker.

Quote:
3. Does the AI get annoyed (negative modifier) if I contact them several times in a single turn (like in MoO1-2 and MoM)?
No idea, but I never noticed anything.

Quote:
4. If I wipe out the target of an alliance before the alliance goes 20 years, does my partner consider that a broken treaty (with oathbreaker penalties)?
No.
Old September 10, 2003, 05:14   #3
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:30
1 Having 'slaves' effect the original civs attitude against you but your reputation is unmarked.

2 no, if you trigger a MPP by attacking another civ the third nation will get the reputation hit. After all, thats what MPPs are all about, if someone attack your friend you're going to declare war on them.

Remember that reputation and attitude is not the same thing.