Old September 10, 2003, 08:44   #1
gaiastate
Settler

Local Time: 08:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
War disconent
Does anyone know the actual factors that cause war discontent, Like army size in city, enemy army size.

cause when i play, as communists at peace with everyone and good defences i still got war discontent

the only thing i could have done is capture a city and return it to the nation for a cease fire. Could that affect it?
Old September 10, 2003, 22:11   #2
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 10:30
This is a mystery I would like an answer to myself as there should be no more "war discontents" as soon as you are no more at war with another nation. However I have already noted that my cities had some "war discontents" although I was at peace with everyone.
Old September 11, 2003, 03:44   #3
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 09:30
Yeah this is a bug, even when Ive never been at war my citizens eventually get war discontent.
Old September 11, 2003, 07:30   #4
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

I think it actually has something to do with the number of units (own) in the city or in its radius. But might be only true for Democracy and alike.

At least during some games I saw (but never tested) so more units around so higher the war disconent............
Old September 11, 2003, 08:05   #5
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Perhaps is it also linked to the "military readiness" level, if you feel secure, Gaiastate, try lowering your war readiness level to "in alert" or "at peace" (beware, decreasing the scale takes effect immediately while climbing up the scale takes effect something like 20 turns later).

If it works, it means it is not a bug but a feature of the game that makes sense.
Old September 11, 2003, 08:12   #6
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Good call Tamerlin, but its still a bug because nations should be able to keep their armies ready and keep people happy when not at war.
Old September 11, 2003, 08:17   #7
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

The most important factor is the size of your army: the more units, the more war discontent. What other factors also play a part, I'm not sure, but the total size of your army is certainly the most important factor.
Old September 14, 2003, 22:41   #8
gaiastate
Settler

Local Time: 08:30
Well the overall size of the army may be something, I should point out that im not with peace but at cease fire. Also im a communist gov. so realy the people shouldn't be *****ing. If it army size i suppose this is the system that is supposed to stop you from dominating the world.

Does anyone know how to change war discontent, im making a huge ass WW1 map and because of war discontent, britain spends most of the time in rioting, and if anyone knows anything about WW1 britain is bloody important.
Old September 14, 2003, 23:07   #9
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
In govern.txt, a sample entry

WarDiscontentMaxUnits 20
WarDiscontentPerUnit 0.75

Set the MaxUnits to a very high number and/or set the PerUnit to a very low number.

There are also other numbers in govern.txt that can be used to adjust unhappiness settings. Take a look at the file.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...